Super Contributor

What happened to the programming this morning?

QVC seemed to be in commercial mode for over 40 minutes this morning. What happened?

Honored Contributor

Re: What happened to the programming this morning?

I missed it. Was it better than their usual programming, which has been pretty bad so far this week, but nothing compared to the weekend, as usual...?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I worked in radio and cable TV and that only happened to us once (at each place!). We ran commercials when there was a problem transmitting out of the studio. We could get pre-recorded (commercial) stuff out, but the studios weren't functioning.

In both cases it was electrical and we had to get the engineers in on short notice. They had us trouble shoot a lot of different solutions until they arrived.

Frequent Contributor

When I turned it on this morning I figured it was just an extra long break...maybe the host needed a bathroom break or a drink or to change clothes..but when it went to about the 5th commercial I realized there must be some kind of technical problem like terrier3 said.

Honored Contributor

I was watching Josie's show last night and they stopped presenting for the last part of her show to show us ""past clips from red carpet QVC presentations""- seriously? It was odd and boring. I am not sure why they wouldn't have Josie finish out her hour presenting another product.

Super Contributor

I wonder what does happen when the host needs the bathroom? Surely in all this time one or more of the hosts have had this happen. Yikes, I know I couldn't be a host because when I have to go, I have to GO. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}