Super Contributor

Skinn Orchid Gel. Anyone tried it?

Any feedback appreciated. I have oily skin
Respected Contributor

Re: Skinn Orchid Gel. Anyone tried it?

Sorry Mary I cant help you as I cant wear primers. I have never tried it.

Super Contributor

I like it. It gives a matte finish.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I tried it. Tried is the operative word. Apply very thinly. It balled on me. Tried a lighter hand and when I applied my foundation, it did the same thing. Just not for me.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Super Contributor

I tried it way back when it was called 'Daisy Gel', but I think it's the same formula.

Like many similar products, it will matte the skin and blur wrinkles, but I didn't find the effect to last for long. It quickly became greasy and just another layer on my face. Very similar (if not identical) to M. Asam Perfect Tient.

Frequent Contributor

I had the same experience as pommom. I have a very oily nose with huge pores. I needed this for a small area. No matter what I did it balled up. It was a mess when I tried to apply sunscreen or foundation. It is a big pass for me.
Super Contributor

Clinique makes a similar pore-blurring product in a tiny green tube--sorry, I don't know the name of it and haven't bought it in a long time, but it works better than many of the others that come in large jars. Bye-Bye Pore is another one, made by Benefit. I think they both ball up less than the Orchid gel.

Respected Contributor

Hasn't balled up on me. I also use the flawless finish to control oily shine.
Valued Contributor

I LOVE the orchid gel! I don't need to wear a full face of foundation for color correction. My biggest problem is large pores and some fine lines. After sunscreen, I use orchid gel and it keeps me looking like my skin is almost flawless all day. I've never had a problem with pilling or it becoming greasy. It just gives my skin the look of a more refined texture. I won't do without it!

Respected Contributor

Are there two different Orchid Gels? I just checked what came in two different kits. One says Orchid Gel -- Mattefying Day Treatment Seal - AM and is Purple in color and the other says Orchid Get Tint - Color Correcting Mattefying Day Primer and is Flesh toned, Medium Light. Is there a difference??