Give Gorgeous
11 Members and 9900 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

UD Naked2 vs. Too Faced Chocolate bar

Started 1392840811.75 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1392876731.88 by Quinny

Hi ladies,

I am in need of your experiences,,,recently I bought the too faced Chocolate bar eyeshadow palette;;;it is ok but I am not in love with it for the $49 price tag. so, I just ordered the Naked 2 Urban Decay (Like I NEED any more eyeshadows)!!{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} What have your thoughts been if you've tried these..? Thanks!

Page 1 of 1
bljed1392841494.3677183 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

I have both of these but never use the Naked 2. Personally I found the shades very shimmery, darker and it seems to have a fair amount of fall out. I prefer the Chocolate palette. They both seem to be very well liked so honestly I think its just preference for the looks you like to create and the shades that flatter you best. The Chocolate palette is warmer IMO.

animalsrus1392841615.973521 PostsRegistered 10/5/2010

Bljed, thanks for your input.!!Smile

bljed1392842272.7777183 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008
On 2/19/2014 animalsrus said:

Bljed, thanks for your input.!!Smile

No problem, I hope you really like the Naked 2! I first bought the 1 and then exchanged it for 2. Also bought 3 but did not care for it so exchanged it for the Chocolate palette. lol Sometimes its trial and error finding a palette you love. Today I picked up the Tarte CC Matte and really like it!

animalsrus1392843066.22521 PostsRegistered 10/5/2010
On 2/19/2014 bljed said:
On 2/19/2014 animalsrus said:

Bljed, thanks for your input.!!Smile

No problem, I hope you really like the Naked 2! I first bought the 1 and then exchanged it for 2. Also bought 3 but did not care for it so exchanged it for the Chocolate palette. lol Sometimes its trial and error finding a palette you love. Today I picked up the Tarte CC Matte and really like it!

You are so right...I can't tell you how many eyeshadows and liners I have. I still have alot of BE loose eyeshadows in all colors,,but turned 56 in Dec....decided to go more neutral and not glittery. I hate to throw all of this stuff out,,but its just taking up space. Again,,thanks and have a good weekend.!

beautydiva1392845412.192162 PostsRegistered 6/20/2006
The too faced one is browns. While naked 2 is taupe colors. I would keep both. They are different colors

FUTURE1392845642.84711782 PostsRegistered 5/18/2008
Honestly, they are pretty different. I like the N2, but feel like you can do WAY more looks with the TF chocolate.

LovemyBE1392847269.9925491 PostsRegistered 7/11/2008
I have Naked 2 and Too Faced chocolate bar. I agree that they are both different. I really like both, but lately I can't seem to put the chocolate one down!

Always end the day with a positive thought. No matter how hard things were, tomorrow's a fresh opportunity to make it better.

BellaCarro1392850244.4738259 PostsRegistered 10/1/2011Atlanta
I wound up returning the TooFaced Chocolate Bar palette. I didn't think the color payoff was great or the wear. I had stalked Sephora for it and was disappointed in it. I much prefer the Naked 3 I had bought shortly before. Not because of the colors, per se, but because the UD shadows feel so much creamier going on, have better color payoff, and wear better, IMO.

naleiarenee1392859389.6331618 PostsRegistered 7/29/2011OhIo

I agree that the NaKed 2 ( def cool toned and lots of shimmer) and Chocolate Bar ( much warmer with a great mix of matte, satin, and shimmer ) are two very different palettes. I own and like them both very much. I reach for the Chocolate Bar more, tho.

SilentDance1392860781.60714838 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 2/19/2014 BellaCarro said: I wound up returning the TooFaced Chocolate Bar palette. I didn't think the color payoff was great or the wear. I had stalked Sephora for it and was disappointed in it. I much prefer the Naked 3 I had bought shortly before. Not because of the colors, per se, but because the UD shadows feel so much creamier going on, have better color payoff, and wear better, IMO.

Although I didn't return my Chocolate Palette, I have the same thoughts you do. I was disappointed in the pigmentation of some of the Chocolate palette shades. UD never disappoints with pigmentation, texture and wear.

Love UD3 and definitely prefer UD1 over UD2. I purchased UD3 before the TF palette which made the TF purchase that more disappointing because it paled in comparison to UD3.

I don't find UD shadows any more shimmery than BB, Tarte, LM, Lorac, and EL to name a few.

:)


BellaCarro1392867641.3938259 PostsRegistered 10/1/2011Atlanta
On 2/19/2014 SilentDance said:
On 2/19/2014 BellaCarro said: I wound up returning the TooFaced Chocolate Bar palette. I didn't think the color payoff was great or the wear. I had stalked Sephora for it and was disappointed in it. I much prefer the Naked 3 I had bought shortly before. Not because of the colors, per se, but because the UD shadows feel so much creamier going on, have better color payoff, and wear better, IMO.

Although I didn't return my Chocolate Palette, I have the same thoughts you do. I was disappointed in the pigmentation of some of the Chocolate palette shades. UD never disappoints with pigmentation, texture and wear.

Love UD3 and definitely prefer UD1 over UD2. I purchased UD3 before the TF palette which made the TF purchase that more disappointing because it paled in comparison to UD3.

I don't find UD shadows any more shimmery than BB, Tarte, LM, Lorac, and EL to name a few.

:)

Okay, you really just read my mind. My exact thoughts.

Quinny1392876731.882470 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009

I've been thinking of purchasing one of them, but couldn't decide which one. I made a quick dash through Ulta on Monday to look at them side by side. I'm definitely getting the Too Faced Chocolate Bar. The colors looked less "shiny" and the texture was finer on the TooFaced.

Page 1 of 1