Contributor

anyone tried the smile actives teeth whitening pens?? I want to order them, wanted to know your opinon on them

Super Contributor

Yes---they are okay...nothing dramatic, but they help.

I find that a lot of teeth whitening products wreak havoc with my dark colored sheets. I recommend that you don't put it on before bedtime.

Contributor
Yes, they are just ok. I achieved much better results with Supersmile and Crest White Strips.
Trusted Contributor
They are just ok. I have custom trays and the whitening gel from my dentist. This is what makes my teeth white. I use SupetSmile tooth paste & accelorator to maintain the white teeth.
Regular Contributor

I tried them but very little difference. Just sent mine back today.

Contributor

I have been using them for a long time. I like using them on the ride to or from work. You are supposed to wait at least 30 minute after brushing. I don't use them every day, but like that my teeth look whiter after use.

Contributor
On 2/14/2014 Beejene said: They are just ok. I have custom trays and the whitening gel from my dentist. This is what makes my teeth white. I use SupetSmile tooth paste & accelorator to maintain the white teeth.

I had gotten custom trays from Ebay, along with whitening gel. I made a mold with the kit, and then sent it back for the silicon trays. Perfect fit. And MUCH less than my dentist was going to charge. It was several years ago, so I don't remember specifics, but try an Ebay search. And I was pleased with the whitening results.

Contributor

The whitening pens are the weakest kind of whitening option on the market. I'm a Dental Hygienist and spend a lot of time discussing whitening options with patients. Your best bet is sticking to whitestrips or doing a professional in-office whitening or custom tray whitening method through your dentist.

Frequent Contributor

I use the Whitening toothpaste sold on the Q and also the pens. I love them! I use it once a day on the way to work. I look at my teeth in the magnifying mirror and I can see where I may have missed a spot.The pen works. My teeth are whiter and the pens helps me maintain them.

Regular Contributor

I had trays made years ago. Not the stiff ones. My teeth have shifted from time to time, but these trays move with it. I use the bleach in the little syringes from the dentist who made my trays. I have more than gotten my money's worth with the years they have lasted me, and it's all that works to whiten my teeth.

My hair stylist told me this week that she had veneers done a few years ago on most, but not the back, top teeth. Matched her bottom teeth just fine. I was thinking her teeth really looked nice. I think that would be my next step, though very expensive. What too many people do with these veneers is make them TOO white. Phoney looking.