The Joy of Christmas
111 Members and 9533 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Before and after pics, Radiesse nose to mouth filler

Started 1391818635.477 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1391914487.38 by hyacinth003

Radiesse today.

Lipstick is darker on before and I couldn't get the same lighting for obvious reasons. I'm doing a YT video, once I'm completely healed, with all the details.

View Full Size Image

A complete beauty addict who enjoys herself immensely!

Page 2 of 2
CAshopper2­0111391832551.7373446 PostsRegistered 12/20/2009
Excellent. It looks fantastic!

Last edited on 2/8/2014

debcakes1391833126.231859 PostsRegistered 11/18/2006
Oh, wow! What a difference. I have the marionette lines beneath the mouth more than the naso labial. Your pictures encourage me to get it done, especially if it lasts a year. Thanks for posting.

SunnyRose1391835064.873211 PostsRegistered 8/30/2013Arizona

Wow, that is beautiful! I have the marionette lines that really bother me. I bet with all I spend on skincare searching for my miracle product, I could probably have paid for this type of procedure.

sparklestar1391835322.710301 PostsRegistered 1/6/2008

You're results are amazing! It's the only thing on my face that makes me look my age. I am convinced if they were gone I'd look ten years younger.

LuluCCS1391839263.0771069 PostsRegistered 12/3/2011Illinois
On 2/7/2014 sparklestar said:

You're results are amazing! It's the only thing on my face that makes me look my age. I am convinced if they were gone I'd look ten years younger.

Age was certainly a factor but more than that, it just didn't look like ME. I looked haggard, mean and serious. I'm a vibrant, outgoing person who is one of the biggest optimists ever. No matter what I wore, clothing or makeup, my face seemed out of place.

sparklestar1391839658.18310301 PostsRegistered 1/6/2008
On 2/8/2014 LuluCCS said:
On 2/7/2014 sparklestar said:

Age was certainly a factor but more than that, it just didn't look like ME. I looked haggard, mean and serious. I'm a vibrant, outgoing person who is one of the biggest optimists ever. No matter what I wore, clothing or makeup, my face seemed out of place.

I feel that way also. People are always asking me "what's wrong, why are you mad" when there was nothing wrong at all! Not a good way to go through the day.

shoekitty1391840345.67312561 PostsRegistered 8/10/2006
On 2/7/2014 ednapsych said:

LuluCCS: Isn't Radiesse the best?!! I have it done for my marionette lines and nasal labial folds and it is remarkable. And if that isn't good enough....it lasts 12 months for me! Love Radiesse. I have been using it for two years.

Knittybitty: My PS charges I think $700 a syringe...but he always has coupons, so I think he charged $500 for a full syringe. . A full syringe will do most of what I have done, but I buy another small syringe more to really do the job correctly. So if I remember correctly I paid $700 for what I have done. That works out to be about an average of $60 a month or $2 a day...a better deal than others that don't last as long.

HappyDaze: I saw results immediately, but for sure within 24 hrs.

Irishrose136: Well...I won't lie...it stings. But, it is nothing that you will beg the doc to stop! and you don't need a numbing shot first. You just close your eyes and tell yourself it will be over quickly. Wink I only had bruising once at one injection site...and it was teeny tiny. I do have teeny purple dots where the needle went in. But they go away in a day or two. You can barely see them.

edna

I have always done restylane, because that is what I have always done. LOL! I have heard juvaderm and radiesse last longer. Have you known anyone, or even yourself that have had side effects? I know a little bruising, that is pretty normal, but anything else? Thanks, I am thinking og trying this next time. I don't really have howdy doody lines. But I would like to use it around mouth, and the nose to around the lip area.

life is a banquet and most poor fools are starving to death!"
Auntie Mame

knittybitty1391874897.403412 PostsRegistered 12/15/2008

LuluCCS: Isn't Radiesse the best?!! I have it done for my marionette lines and nasal labial folds and it is remarkable. And if that isn't good enough....it lasts 12 months for me! Love Radiesse. I have been using it for two years.

Knittybitty: My PS charges I think $700 a syringe...but he always has coupons, so I think he charged $500 for a full syringe. . A full syringe will do most of what I have done, but I buy another small syringe more to really do the job correctly. So if I remember correctly I paid $700 for what I have done. That works out to be about an average of $60 a month or $2 a day...a better deal than others that don't last as long.

Irishrose136: Well...I won't lie...it stings. But, it is nothing that you will beg the doc to stop! and you don't need a numbing shot first. You just close your eyes and tell yourself it will be over quickly. Wink I only had bruising once at one injection site...and it was teeny tiny. I do have teeny purple dots where the needle went in. But they go away in a day or two. You can barely see them.

Thanks for posting this! Very helpful!

knittybitty1391874927.23412 PostsRegistered 12/15/2008
LuLu, how are you feeling and looking today?

ednapsych1391875421.1971301 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 2/8/2014 shoekitty said:

edna

I have always done restylane, because that is what I have always done. LOL! I have heard juvaderm and radiesse last longer. Have you known anyone, or even yourself that have had side effects? I know a little bruising, that is pretty normal, but anything else? Thanks, I am thinking og trying this next time. I don't really have howdy doody lines. But I would like to use it around mouth, and the nose to around the lip area.

Hi Shoekitty...no I have never had any side effects (other than a teeny pin dot bruise at the site of the injection and maybe a little redness) and I have not heard of anyone who has had any. I think the key is to have it done by an expert. I have mine done by my Board Certified plastic surgeon. After he injects the stuff, he puts his "pointer" finger in my mouth and his thumb on the outside and massages the Radiesse with his fingers. This distributes the serum evenly and in the exact places he wants it to be. Then gives me ice packs and I ice the area for a good 30 min. before I leave his office...and I ice for a good 30 min. after I get home. I think if the serum is not massaged into place and allowed to just clump where it is injected, there could be a less appealing effect. Radiesse is a totally different ingredient than Juvederm or Restylane. You can read up on it. I am not a doc, but the way I understand it, it causes your body to produce its own "filler"...so as the Radiesse wears off, it has been replaced with your body's own "filler" (which eventually goes away too) and that is why it lasts so long. The other fillers don't do that, and when they wear off, you are back to square one pretty fast. Botox, of course, is totally different. It is not an injectable filler. It paralyzes muscle and when it wears off after a few months, the muscle reverts to the original shape.

lovesbe1391876930.137123 PostsRegistered 9/25/2013

You look fantastic . Gotta try that.

Last edited on 2/8/2014

shoekitty1391894378.7612561 PostsRegistered 8/10/2006
On 2/8/2014 ednapsych said:
On 2/8/2014 shoekitty said:

edna

Hi Shoekitty...no I have never had any side effects (other than a teeny pin dot bruise at the site of the injection and maybe a little redness) and I have not heard of anyone who has had any. I think the key is to have it done by an expert. I have mine done by my Board Certified plastic surgeon. After he injects the stuff, he puts his "pointer" finger in my mouth and his thumb on the outside and massages the Radiesse with his fingers. This distributes the serum evenly and in the exact places he wants it to be. Then gives me ice packs and I ice the area for a good 30 min. before I leave his office...and I ice for a good 30 min. after I get home. I think if the serum is not massaged into place and allowed to just clump where it is injected, there could be a less appealing effect. Radiesse is a totally different ingredient than Juvederm or Restylane. You can read up on it. I am not a doc, but the way I understand it, it causes your body to produce its own "filler"...so as the Radiesse wears off, it has been replaced with your body's own "filler" (which eventually goes away too) and that is why it lasts so long. The other fillers don't do that, and when they wear off, you are back to square one pretty fast. Botox, of course, is totally different. It is not an injectable filler. It paralyzes muscle and when it wears off after a few months, the muscle reverts to the original shape.

Thanks edna,

I may try it. I have been going to this one Dr for over 10 years. She massages the restylane in as well. She uses perlene, restylane, juvaderm and radisse on herself, she said,... depending on the spot she wants to treat. Because of the molocule size of the filler, some work better for lips, or creases, or howdy doody, etc. She asks if I want to switch and try another filler each time I go, but I chicken out. It is amazing what they have now. In 2002 I actually had collegen injected around the lip line, that is all they had then. Restylane didn't come out until 2003. Collegen of all the fillers looked the most natural. But it has to be the most painful, and it lasted all of 2 weeks and was expensive. Also, collegen can be very allergetic, you have to get skin test before injections.

I think I will try radiesse next time.

life is a banquet and most poor fools are starving to death!"
Auntie Mame

pdxlalesley1391895567.573302 PostsRegistered 9/14/2010

Fabulous, are you happy with the results? I would be.

Mishell51391896910.321007 PostsRegistered 1/30/2011
On 2/7/2014 LuluCCS said:

All details will be in the video. It's easier, faster and very detailed.

Hi.. looks awesome...what is you youtube name? Do you have a channel? TIA!

Michelle

Mishell51391897363.7931007 PostsRegistered 1/30/2011

I just posted this but cannot find...so...wanted to say it looks great.

What is your youtube channel called?

Michelle

Last edited on 2/8/2014

MargieRJ1391898238.31308 PostsRegistered 1/7/2014

Excellent results! I need this stuff.

susan kay1391901297.713909 PostsRegistered 6/28/2011

Thanks for the details, Edna. Appreciate the information.

knittybitty1391903736.98412 PostsRegistered 12/15/2008
On 2/7/2014 AnnMarie-1 said:

WOW WEEEE

Awesome lulu!

How many injections? Did it hurt? How expensive? How long will it last?

LOL

Sorry for all the questions, amazing results!!!!

LOL, AnnMarie, I had those same questions! I would ask probably 50 if I could. I applaud LULU for posting these picks and allowing those of us with so many questions the chance to ask!

Thanks again, LuLu!

LuluCCS1391910194.6971069 PostsRegistered 12/3/2011Illinois
On 2/8/2014 knittybitty said:
On 2/7/2014 AnnMarie-1 said:

WOW WEEEE

Awesome lulu!

How many injections? Did it hurt? How expensive? How long will it last?

LOL

Sorry for all the questions, amazing results!!!!

LOL, AnnMarie, I had those same questions! I would ask probably 50 if I could. I applaud LULU for posting these picks and allowing those of us with so many questions the chance to ask!

Thanks again, LuLu!

Hi!

I'm pretty sure I will answer every possible question in my video and not leave anything out. I had the same questions and search high and low for answers and finally was able to piece it all together. I'm hoping my video will help many decide to or decide not to.

I think I'll tape on Monday and it should be up Monday afternoon.

LuluCCS1391910350.8931069 PostsRegistered 12/3/2011Illinois
On 2/8/2014 Mishell5 said:

I just posted this but cannot find...so...wanted to say it looks great.

What is your youtube channel called?

Michelle

Hi!

It is LadyLuluOnBeauty. It's very new, only 4 videos, not sure if it comes up in the search yet! Although I watch a ton of videos, being on the other side is very new to me and I'm still figuring it out.

LuluCCS1391910799.7931069 PostsRegistered 12/3/2011Illinois

Thank you for all your great support.

It's been about 36 hours since I had the fillers and I feel great. Zero pain and zero bruising. I felt a little something, soreness, this morning but as I talked and ate and drank today, I think it helped. My top lip still feels odd. Not sure what that is about. I'm pretty sure most of the swelling is gone. You could not see any swelling but honestly, my nose to mouth line are was too flat as you can see in the photo so that had to be swelling. Tonight, it looks more natural with a slight nose to mouth soft line rather than an artificial air brushed flat look. Yesterday it was looking a little Joan River-ish. BTW, I love Joan Rivers so that's not a dis.

Plan on taping the video Monday morning and should be up in the afternoon. Will answer every possible question from cost to pain to filler choice to being terrified, how I chose the doctor's office, research, fear of needles, the procedure from start to finish and so on.

Last edited on 2/8/2014

Bestdressed1391911552.8171328 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007

Your results look great! I tried juvederm in the same area. I loved it too... but it only lasted maybe 4-5 months. I would would probably keep it up, but I thought it was too expensive for temporary results. I also did botox in my eleven lines between my eyes. The botox seemed to last longer on myself. Results vary from person to person. Groupon sometimes has a lot of specials from some reputable facilities.

hyacinth0031391914487.356550 PostsRegistered 11/8/2005

Fabulous results!

I have no problem with deciding to do what WORKS!

Hyacinth Smile

Page 2 of 2