Valued Contributor

Josie's argan milk cause any irritation?

I was using the Milk and everything was fine then one morning my face felt like it had a light sunburn sensation. It never felt that way when I only used the argan oil. I am now using the Milk and then argan oil. Also, I used the color sticks (that seem to have menthol) could be that too. Feels better now that I am not using Milk or the color sticks. I think I will try the Milk to see if I get that feeling, if not will add the color stick again to see if that is it. I guess it could be the -8 degree weather, but I'm never out for long. Just wondering if anyone else had anything like this happen.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Josie's argan milk cause any irritation?

I have too many allergies and sensitivities to count and delayed getting the milk because I feared some reaction. I have been pleasantly surprised and all is well with me and my JM Argan Milk. I am using it morningand night, after a spritz of Avene Facial Spray and before the JM Argan Milk. I cannot use the color sticks as I am highly allergic to menthol. I prefer JM cream blush in the little compact or JM coconut water cheek gelee.
Valued Contributor

On 2/7/2014 kmbcincy said: I have too many allergies and sensitivities to count and delayed getting the milk because I feared some reaction. I have been pleasantly surprised and all is well with me and my JM Argan Milk. I am using it morningand night, after a spritz of Avene Facial Spray and before the JM Argan Milk. I cannot use the color sticks as I am highly allergic to menthol. I prefer JM cream blush in the little compact or JM coconut water cheek gelee.

Maybe it is the color sticks. I used them before I started using the milk and never had an issue, but maybe it took a little while to have a reaction. Like I said I used the Milk with no reaction and then one day my skin felt sunburned. I'm going to put the milk on tonight with the argan oil and see what happens. The color sticks have something in them because I know it has a sensation when I apply it.

Honored Contributor

yes, the color sticks DO have menthol in them which can cause irritation. The way you describe what you feel (like a mild sunburn sensation) is exactly how my face feels if I put anything with menthol, mint oils/extracts or a variety of other essential oils on it.

The color sticks also have lemon tea tree oil which can cause irritation for some as well.

I do not like those color sticks for the very reason you mentioned.

Frequent Contributor

On 2/7/2014 HappyDaze said:

yes, the color sticks DO have menthol in them which can cause irritation. The way you describe what you feel (like a mild sunburn sensation) is exactly how my face feels if I put anything with menthol, mint oils/extracts or a variety of other essential oils on it.

The color sticks also have lemon tea tree oil which can cause irritation for some as well.

I do not like those color sticks for the very reason you mentioned.

YES to all of the above!!!
Valued Contributor

On 2/7/2014 kmbcincy said: I have too many allergies and sensitivities to count and delayed getting the milk because I feared some reaction. I have been pleasantly surprised and all is well with me and my JM Argan Milk. I am using it morningand night, after a spritz of Avene Facial Spray and before the JM Argan Milk. I cannot use the color sticks as I am highly allergic to menthol. I prefer JM cream blush in the little compact or JM coconut water cheek gelee.

Which do you like better, the cream blush or gelee? Do you have the rose/poppy color in the gelee?

Respected Contributor

I have been using the milk with my oil for 3 weeks, maybe longer and I have had no issues yet. I love it. I have had a breakout but I contribute it to the weather not my products, at least not at this time.

Deb

Valued Contributor

UPDATE:

It was not the argan milk that made my skin have the sunburn feeling. Used it twice and nothing- I do think it was the color stick I just started using about a week ago. No reaction until then and I have had reactions to menthol in the past with WEN. The only places that had irritation was where I used the color stick. Thanks for all your replies, they helped me narrow it down to the menthol.