Frequent Contributor

Perlier vs Philosophy Shower/bath products

I have recently started using the Perlier White Almond Shower Cream and the White Almond Body Butter. I also use Inner Grace Shower Gel and Lotion. I find that the Perlier leaves my skin way more soft even in the evening when I am getting ready for bed I notice the softness from my morning shower.

What do you ladies think about Perlier - I'm eager to know Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Perlier vs Philosophy Shower/bath products

I really like Perlier. I use their bath and shower gels, and occasionally buy some of their kits, which are pretty reasonably priced. Perlier still includes lots of stuff in their products that isn't natural, but I think the sulfate load in the shower gels is lower than that in Philosophy products. That might explain the more sustained moisturization. Sulfates make for nice bubbles, but not so nice skin.

Honored Contributor

I won't buy any Philosophy products. I don't think the quality is there. They do have great marketing though.

I do like Perlier but I think Korres is even better.

Valued Contributor

I have used Perlier and Philosophy and now use Korres ( from HSN ) It is far superior!

Respected Contributor

No comparison - Perlier is by far the better product. Philosophy is more like ""the emperor wears no clothes.""

Trusted Contributor

I have used both.

Philosophy is all about the scent...never found it moisturizing. Gave up on it.

Tried Perlier. The only one I may go back to is the Olive Oil. Less than impressed with their shea butter products. Again, not as moisturizing as what they claim.

I'm now using straight up 100% organic shea butter as a body moisturizer and St. Ives oatmeal and shea butter body wash...my new favorite at the moment.

Super Contributor

On 2/6/2014 elruth said:

I have used Perlier and Philosophy and now use Korres ( from HSN ) It is far superior!

Philosophy smells great, especially the Amazing Grace scent, BUT very drying. I don't use anything in this line anymore.

Perlier is very moisturizing; smells OK.

Korres is very moisturizing, and smells AMAZING.

Occasional Contributor

I was first introduced to Perlier Honey cream bath in Europe in 1974. When I saw it on QVC almost twenty years ago I started using it again and followed them to HSN. I feel it is superior to Philosophy, especially the honey cream bath. But that is JMHO.

Honored Contributor

Have used Perlier hand creams for a long time and really love them...almost every scent is lovely. Still like philosophy 3 in 1s but their skincare products dry out my skin and seriously clog my pores; am finishing my stash of the shower gels And won't be buying more....they have increased the prices and the scents have all but disappeared so my love affair with them is over
Honored Contributor

I like L'Occitane, Perlier & Korres better then Philosophy.

Smile