Frequent Contributor

I Have Two Eyes, Two Legs...

Since others post a rant once in awhile, here's mine: What's up with eye, pant, shoe and lip?

Last time I checked I had two eyes, two legs, two lips and my pantS have two legs. I wear TWO shoeS.

While I'm at it, if I read or hear yum or yummy one more time I'm gonna lose it ! Why are women talking like little girls? What's next, "Oooh nummy"?

The worst: Lippie. LIPPIE??? LIPPIE??? Why are adults talking baby talk? For me it's a massive turn off.

OK, I can sleep now...

Regular Contributor

Re: I Have Two Eyes, Two Legs...

I'm so glad you got that off your chest. All of the above sometimes grates on my nerves too. When did a pair of pants become pant??????? Yikes!! I thought some of this stuff only irritated me.

Frequent Contributor

I think it's the dumbing down of America!

Respected Contributor

I'm with you too! Lol dogs pant. I have two feet, so I wear shoes. I also agree about the baby talk. I hate phrases like "the girls" and "baby bump". Just sounds so childish to me. I know they are trying to be cute, but to me grown women aren't cute. Five year old and baby animals are cute!
Trusted Contributor

Yes! ITA! Here's one I can not stand: grandbaby. Whatever happened to grandchild, grandson, granddaughter??? I refuse to say these stupid words.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/5/2014 queenfrannie said:

I think it's the dumbing down of America!

You got that right!

Esteemed Contributor

""Lippie"" is the one that makes me cringe.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Contributor

On 2/5/2014 gardensla said:

""Lippie"" is the one that makes me cringe.

Drives me insane too!!

Trusted Contributor

I cannot stand the b-word substituted for the word bosom. I also agree about grandbaby. May I add that after decades of being called a Ms. I am reverting to Miss. I never liked Ms.
Super Contributor

Here are some more that grate:

1. The overuse of "little" by the designer vendors and some of the hosts. "You just throw on a little cardi (cardigan) and out the door you go." -OR- "Everyone needs a little shrug to throw on over a maxi dress.." and then the little shrug is being sold in a size 3X.

2. Vacay, as in vacation. "I need to go on a vacay before I go cray-cray."

3. Skinny jeans. See above comments about "little." If one would believe the designers, every oversized top can be paired with a pair of skinny jeans. "This tunic would look great with a pair of skinny jeans and a little wedge heel."

4. Furbaby or furbabies. I am a dog owner and lover, but this term makes the person using it sound...sad and lonely. Just say, "my pets."

5. Comfy, Cozy. This is Q-specific and seems to have started with Lisa Rinna and her California Chic shpeel.