Frequent Contributor

finishing powders....necessary or not

I have never been one to use a powder after makeup application. I have heard many of the MU artists say to use a finishing powder. Ladies,,,what do you think and what are some of your faves. TIA.

Super Contributor

Re: finishing powders....necessary or not

I think it brings everything together and sets foundation/concealer. I personally do like to use it, and use BE Mineral Veil, or Smashbox Halo (which they call a foundation, but I don't find the coverage to be that good so I use it for a hydrating finishing powder).

Contributor

I've never used one. Personally, I think a finishing powder can ruin the look of a great foundation. And I don't like to "see" powder on someones face....doesn't look natural.

Contributor

I get the prettiest results from the Beauty Blender sponge! It sets my founation, + makes it look so natural. I will always use that in my routine.

Honored Contributor

My f@vorite finishing powder is L. Mercier's Invisble powder. Worth the money. COmes in l@rge cont@iner. @nother nice one is T@rte's finishing powder. Both r very light powders & finely milled.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

I wouldn't use a finishing "powder" that looked powdery, all of the ones I use are very light, and just set the face. They do NOT look powdery and are not drying on. Mineral Veil is a very good example of a very light one, you need barely any, you can't actually really see it on, but it sets everything very nicely.

Honored Contributor

I use the Petal Pink Illuminizing Powder from Southern Magnolia Minerals...been using it for years. It's the perfect final touch, IMO, for an air-brushed finish.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you ladies,,I appreciate the feedback. Time to look at some of your suggestions!!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

I stopped with powder and went with Mally's Poreless Face Defender.

It really does ""set"" and protect makeup.

And it doesn't leave you with a ""powdery"" look.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Skinn Plasma Finishing product is another good one to try that is not a powder.