Respected Contributor

What's good for spots on the hands??

I'm really good at keeping a sunblock on my hands, even while driving. I live on a small farm in Florida, and I always wear work gloves outside. My hands looked pretty good as far as the spots go. I just have ugly hands {#emotions_dlg.blush}. So today I gave myself a manicure and noticed several light colored spots on my hands..YIKES!! I very fair skinned. So PLEEEASE help me before they get worse. Sighhh...another thing to do for this old body!

Respected Contributor

Re: What's good for spots on the hands??

Chemical - Nadinola has 3% hydroquinone, very inexpensive (around $6), and is very moisturizing as well. A more natural approach is anything with licorice or kojic acid. Either will work but it takes time, about 4 weeks I'd say.
Respected Contributor

Thanks BellaCarro...where can I get the Nadinola?

Honored Contributor

On 2/2/2014 Dazlin said:

Thanks BellaCarro...where can I get the Nadinola?

Walmart

Respected Contributor

Thank you Shelbelle

Honored Contributor

I have been battling brown spots on my hands since I was in my 20's....heredity; thanks, Mom! Nothing has done anything to actually fade them away other than 4%hydroquinone....I have literally tried everything I could get my hands on regardless of price: Joan Rivers Absolutely Amazing hand cream was the best I ever found; it is now discontinued and products can no longer contain as much hydroquinone...I have found some on Ebay but you need to know that if it is very old the color/odor changes and it doesn't work. I tried Nadinola and it did nothing for my hands but maybe you will have better luck. Have also tried Lancôme's hand cream for dark spots.....no help at all....check out some of the creams in the products for women of color...they have several fade creams to lighten uneven skin and some of them may work as well...just make sure it has the hydroquinone...I think PTR has some for the face and he said it was 4% on the video.

Valued Contributor

On 2/3/2014 upsidedown said:

I have been battling brown spots on my hands since I was in my 20's....heredity; thanks, Mom! Nothing has done anything to actually fade them away other than 4%hydroquinone....I have literally tried everything I could get my hands on regardless of price: Joan Rivers Absolutely Amazing hand cream was the best I ever found; it is now discontinued and products can no longer contain as much hydroquinone...I have found some on Ebay but you need to know that if it is very old the color/odor changes and it doesn't work. I tried Nadinola and it did nothing for my hands but maybe you will have better luck. Have also tried Lancôme's hand cream for dark spots.....no help at all....check out some of the creams in the products for women of color...they have several fade creams to lighten uneven skin and some of them may work as well...just make sure it has the hydroquinone...I think PTR has some for the face and he said it was 4% on the video.

I thought 4% was only by prescription and that PTR's product is 2%?
Honored Contributor

Moist OTC is 2%, Nadinola is 3% and 4% is RX.

Occasional Contributor

FYI, Joan Rivers used to sell a hand cream treatment that she said she uses daily to prevent age spots on her hands, and her hands looked porcelain flawless. Don't know if the Q still sells it, but I believe the product got good reviews... try Joan Rivers hand cream in the search window. I have a few age spots on my hands too, or "freckles" as my mom prefers to call them! Good luck!

Contributor

For hands I like Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum, containing 2% hydroquinone. Took about a month of daily use at bedtime to see results. I get this at SkinStore.com or Ulta when they have their 20% off sales. Don't forget sunscreen on hands during the day.