Honored Contributor

Looks great on last night's presentation, but why no red or auburn shades? I sent the company an email about it.

Honored Contributor

Got a very nice response saying they are still formulating their red shades for the root cover up. Said working with reds can be very challenging. Suggested I look into one of the browns.

Super Contributor

I've used Clairol's "Root Touch-Up" for many years... they have a wide color and shade collection, plus it really works the best.

But also using an easy temporary hair color stick (just wet the tip & stroke on) like Roux's "Tween Time" on my hairline also helps.

Honored Contributor
On 1/29/2014 Feline Fine said:

I've used Clairol's "Root Touch-Up" for many years... they have a wide color and shade collection, plus it really works the best.

But also using an easy temporary hair color stick (just wet the tip & stroke on) like Roux's "Tween Time" on my hairline also helps.

I have been using Tween Time Color Stick for the last 20 years, one stick lasts me for years, and the auburn shade works well for me.

Trusted Contributor

I swear by the Clairol's Root Touch Up, too. Is the WOW product a powder?

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor
On 1/29/2014 morganjen said:

I swear by the Clairol's Root Touch Up, too. Is the WOW product a powder?

Yes, a brush on powder.

Contributor
Bought it several months ago. Not thrilled with the results. It seems to cover my scalp more than the hair. It just doesn't seem to stick to the hair all that well. The color is fine - but lacks holding power. I wouldn't repurchase.
Valued Contributor

Fellow redhead here and I couldn't agree more. As for suggestions to use Clairol Root Touch-up, there IS NOT a red shade! Both Clairol and L'Oreal come in Light Auburn and they are simply too dark. I tried Joan Rivers' hair powder in auburn and it went on dark brown. Very frustrating!

Super Contributor
On 1/29/2014 Lanikins said:

Fellow redhead here and I couldn't agree more. As for suggestions to use Clairol Root Touch-up, there IS NOT a red shade! Both Clairol and L'Oreal come in Light Auburn and they are simply too dark. I tried Joan Rivers' hair powder in auburn and it went on dark brown. Very frustrating!

You should use Google more often, as I just found "Johnathan Product Awake Color Root Touch Up" in RED at Target online, Amazon, & elsewhere. It's a powder, if that works for you.

You could also just use some of your regular red hair color, and then tightly seal the leftovers and store 'em for your next root touch up.

Trusted Contributor
On 1/29/2014 scuba318 said: Bought it several months ago. Not thrilled with the results. It seems to cover my scalp more than the hair. It just doesn't seem to stick to the hair all that well. The color is fine - but lacks holding power. I wouldn't repurchase.

I found this to true with Joan Rivers' product. Then again it is suppose to fill in the scalp under thinning hair.

I love WOW. It clings to hair as opposed to your scalp. It does not fill in my part.