Christmas in July(R) Sale
93 Members and 12496 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

BEWARE OF SHOPHQ / SHOPNBC SHIPPING CHARGES!!!

Started 1390748139.657 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1391024050.99 by wackers

Hey friends!

I've been seeing a lot of Skinn fans posting. Just in case you weren't aware of this... SHOPHQ DOES NOT GIVE A PRICE BREAK FOR SHIPPING TO ONE ADDRESS, OR FOR COMBINING RELATED PRODUCTS IN ONE ORDER.

Recently I ordered a few tops, all in one order. All of them were light-weight, and came in one plastic bag package that was small enough to be tucked between my screen door and my front door. THE SHIPPING CHARGE WAS OVER $48.00!!!! Then, unfortunately most of them didn't work for me (the reason is irrelevant; they just had to go back). THEY DO NOT REFUND or CREDIT SHIPPING IF YOU RETURN PRODUCTS... I lost $48+ for shipping one small to medium size, light-weight package. (Side note: Just to clarify -- I don't live on a rural-route, out of the country, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto-Rico, etc. I didn't request overnight or rush delivery. This was just their normal shipping fees.)

I had been a long-time customer of Shopnbc for years and years; had their credit card, etc. I called customer service to see if they might adjust the charges. NO, they said that's just their shipping policy. Although I still like some of Shophq's products, I am aware that if I buy a few things, the shipping fee will probably be ridiculous. I decided to close my credit card with them, and now rarely buy from them. I still check their site and watch Shophq sometime, and once in a while I will purchase, but not at all like before.

Please don't judge or be unkind. I am not asking or telling you to do the same. I just wanted to warn you if you weren't aware of this. Also, I am not an unaware shopper. On the contrary, I always try use a rebate sights, I check beauty sights for additional codes for discounts, free shipping or other offers. I am willing to spend good money for good products; I believe you get what you pay for, and you pay for what you get. But I decided to draw a line on this one.

I'm curious on your thoughts as well about this, but please don't be mean or a "hater". I'm not at all judging your purchases, and I'm asking you not to judge my decision. Let's have a good discussion! God bless and have a great day. Stay warm and safe. ~ Rae Ann

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next
sgraham301390749417.8732563 PostsRegistered 6/2/2006

No judgement from me, I agree 100% with what you say. I've cut my purchases from ShopHQ way down & on the rare occasion that I place an order with them, I order when they have free S&H for their charge card holders. I will no longer order anything from them unless there are useful, informative reviews on the item (if it's clothing or shoes, how does the sizing run etc) Some items are being misrepresented by the host or vendor. Once I get them home, they look nothing like they did on air or the quality has been misrepresented. I think it's bull doody that they charge you S&H for every single item to be shipped to you and they also charge you the return S&H fee for every item that you return. They're making money on the item whether the customer keeps it or not & this practice is going to cost them customers.

Last edited on 1/26/2014

Glitter Fa­iry1390749516.793169 PostsRegistered 8/29/2013USA

I have cut way back on my shopping channel of any kind, purchases due to shipping charges.

I mean when several small items are in one box and you are charged for each one? Seems so wrong.

I really do add up the item, tax and the SH and many times say No way and I don't order.

From any shopping channel!

"Save the Drama for your Mama!"

Brinklii1390749526.39310277 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Northern WI

$48?? {#emotions_dlg.scared}

A tongue has no bones, yet it is strong enough to break a heart. Be careful with your words.

Mustangshar1390749614.837406 PostsRegistered 12/7/2006Chicago Burbs
Yikes...that's a ton of money! Not a hater, I think you posted up something very important. The only thing I order from them is SKINN , they all work and I never return. But clothes.....that's a try on item and I will never order clothes from them after reading your post............................... Heads up everyone, be careful when you order.:)

Sharon :)
WNYgal said The Shame Sisters, otherwise known as Linea Anonymous.

Judaline1390749778.7615284 PostsRegistered 8/26/2006street of dreams

Yes, they charge shipping on each item, but so does QVC and so does HSN. They could easily put them in one bag and charge one shipping charge. None of these networks do that because they WANT the shipping on each item because they make money on this. So don't think shopQ is by itself on this, they all do it. BUT, not refunding the original shipping, that's only shopQ and I don't like it. But they give many, many days with ez pay or whatever they named it. I have about three things I pay six dollars and change on for six months. Very affordable. I guess you have to take the bitter with the sweet.

pupcakes1390750370.0621000 PostsRegistered 7/29/2006

I totally agree with OP & their interest charge on their credit card it out of bounds.

Life is like a snowstorm...you'll meet a lot of flakes.

AngelLove21390750672.7972570 PostsRegistered 3/2/2007

I only buy Skinn from HQ. Ordered 2 items with free shipping. At least, HSN gives you a break if you order more than one beauty item. The reason I rarely shop at the Q is because of shipping and tax. It just doesn't pay on most items. Those 6 value pays on HQ really get me.

Last edited on 1/26/2014

anin1390751128.207117 PostsRegistered 12/18/2013

yikes...

nantucket ­shore1390751270.635562 PostsRegistered 10/14/2007

There is absolutely nothing I would ever want/buy that would result in any shipping charges exceeding $12....that's my limit.

I've found ordering from the Q, putting items in my cart, getting the 1/2 shipping and having those add up to almost $30 and the entire order gets cancelled (before I even place it).

Don't need it, don't want to pay it and there are plenty of other places with -0- shipping that will get my business.

My laziness is going away, I'm actually getting off my behind in the chair and shopping the old fashioned way, going to the stores. Seems like my returns are minimal and in reality I'm actually spending less money.

Shelbelle1390751757.30734000 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I only order from Shop HQ on free shipping days, that is my personal policy!!! I only order what I can afford to pay off in full, so I pay no interest or shipping, win win situation!!!

bklyngrl1390753474.603598 PostsRegistered 4/27/2011New York

I wrote to customer service to complain of the very same thing. I got the following answer:

Thank you for your email. We appreciate the time you took to share your comments. We are always working to improve the shopping experience for our customers. Your comments have been forwarded for consideration. Please be advised that, due to the volume of suggestions and comments we receive, you will not receive a specific response after we have forwarded your comments.

ShopHQ frequently offers a Buy More Save More shipping promotion. During this promotion you pay full price shipping & handling on your first eligible item, and all additional eligible items you order that day are at 50% off normal shipping & handling.

Please feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions or concerns.

I answered back that not during SKINN shows. Maybe if they got more complaints they would do something about the shipping. The shipping price definitely limited the amount of items I purchased.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

gazelle771390753948.258199 PostsRegistered 3/1/2013

It depends on how much I want something. Shipping is not a game changer for me. It is just part of the process. If I can get discounts, free shipping etc... great! But if it does not work out, I will pay the shipping to get what I want.

~~Always remember--
You're braver than you believe
And stronger than you seem
And smarter than you think~
~Pooh

NCshopperg­al1390755272.263366 PostsRegistered 9/26/2010

I'm curious to know how much did it cost you to send all the items back.

And then how they justify the huge difference.

I really think if they put them in the same package they need to givea break on shipping. I know all the chanels do the same thing.

tototwo1390755852.5732490 PostsRegistered 2/8/2008Great Plains

I placed my first order with ShopHQ yesterday - and yes, the high shipping costs made me think long and hard before I ordered. But it wasn't any worse than Q's shipping costs - maybe even cheaper.

I've received 2 separate orders from Q in the same plastic shipping bag and I was charged 2 separate shipping charges, one for each item in the bag. I called CS to complain and they laughed at me. Which is why I only order from Q once or twice a year.

I may never order from ShopHQ again.

If you obey all the rules, you miss all of the fun.
- Katharine Hepburn

Dosey1390756445.2033871 PostsRegistered 10/16/2010

I have to really want what I see on ShopHQ before I buy it. This is because several months ago, I placed four orders with them. I saw as plain as day that the shipping charges added up to about $20. Yes, that is crazy, but I placed my orders anyway. Wasn't I surprised when I received all four orders in one box!! If they can ship multiple orders in one box, they should discount their shipping charges.

Krimpette1390756557.6679687 PostsRegistered 9/7/2007MidAtlantic

Not a whole lot worse than QVC's. I ordered 4 jewelry items on the recent gold day. My total charges will be almost $27.00. Three of the items have shipped - each one in it's own envelope.

On the other hand, yesterday and today, HSN has FREE SHIPPING on orders over $75!!!! That's not a single item worth $75, it's when your total orders total $75.00. And while you're ordering on line, their screen shows how much more you need to order to reach the $75 threshold. And the items don't have to be at all related. And if you come back later in the day and buy another item, if you've reached the $75 level, that automatically qualifies for free shipping. I'm buying more and more from HSN and less and less from QVC.

Ellen May1390759081.58755 PostsRegistered 1/15/2014

This thread is just silly. Beware of Shipping charges? It should just be common sense to look how much something cost to ship when you buy it. Sorry you racked up high shipping cost. Did you not look how much your order was when you clicked "Submit Order"?

It is ridiculous for people to expect refunds on shipping. Shipping is not an item, it is a service. A team of people and machines had to read your order, buy a box to put your order in, print and slap on a label, then personally deliver it to your door. That is not something done for free or returnable.

Items are cheaper online because it comes with a risk. It may not fit or you may not like it. That's not the company's fault and you should be responsible for your own purchases. Be a smart consumer and look at the shipping cost of items before you buy them and look at the return policy of the company.

Some people are so spoiled and feel entitled to free this or free that.

cyndog1390759759.12308 PostsRegistered 10/8/2010California Desert
I've warned about this several times, that they refund no shipping like HSN and QVC and it can cost you $15 just to look at an item if you don't like it. That being said I try to be as sure as I can before I order because they do have some things I like. I did get the "letter" about too many returns, but most of them were just size exchanges. I told them I had 5 things on their value pay so how bad of a customer could I be.

Last edited on 1/26/2014

Kzeks1390760743.0634730 PostsRegistered 5/25/2006Michigan/Europe
Shipping is just part of the problem....
The "Handling" is the charge that is over the top..
I would prefer that they did not "handle" my items that much.

Yuban31390760966.6478870 PostsRegistered 11/1/2006

I'm just curious, but are they not refunding the shipping because the item was not damaged?

I know that with the Q, if you mark the item as damaged, they'll refund the shipping.

But if you are returning the item, simply because the purchaser didn't like it, but the item otherwise is good, then the shipping isn't refunded.

Was that the case here?

Again, I'm just asking. No snark is meant or intended in any way, shape, or form.

"To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone." -Reba McEntire

"Housework can't kill you, but why take the chance?" - Phyllis Diller

kachina6241390763857.8214812 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004New Mexico
I've cut way back on my Shop jewelry purchases because the S&H charge on a couple of lightweight rings is ridiculous. It makes me furious that they charge a huge amount, then save themselves money by sending multiple items all in one package.

myshell6241390764033.0332271 PostsRegistered 2/27/2013

So sorry this happened to you:( That is a lot of money to be out of. I am always conscious of shipping charges. There is only so much I will pay.

HiLo1390764278.7176483 PostsRegistered 8/28/2007

I seldom shop with ShopHQ because of very reason you presented, OP. I have quite a few of Margie's products but would not order clothing because of the back and forth shipping charges that I would get. I still prefer to try fashions on no matter how good they look on the model.

Nicks1390768296.32750 PostsRegistered 6/11/2011
On 1/26/2014 cyndog said: I've warned about this several times, that they refund no shipping like HSN and QVC and it can cost you $15 just to look at an item if you don't like it. That being said I try to be as sure as I can before I order because they do have some things I like. I did get the "letter" about too many returns, but most of them were just size exchanges. I told them I had 5 things on their value pay so how bad of a customer could I be.

cyndog, You got the letter form ShopHQ? My sister had a number of returns to send back to HQ and was concerned about "The Letter" like many have gotten from the Q and HSN. She spoke w/cs at HQ regarding her concern and was told they don't do that "The Letter".

Karena1390769183.3175450 PostsRegistered 6/30/2008Bay Area, California

Hey, Rae Ann - I agree that the shipping for multiple items is to high, but that is why I review my orders before I submit them. I don't submit any orders without reviewing the amount I'm paying before I purchase. This means that I won't order more than two kits (at the most) when Skinn is on.

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next