Respected Contributor

Could Clarisonic Be Causing This?

I use my Clarisonic with a gentle or sensitive brush - I can't remember what I bought a couple of months ago. Anyway, I've noticed that my skin looks flakey after I apply my m/u. I use moisturizer morning and night after cleansing my face. I don't see the flakes until I apply m/u.

I was using the IT Celebration foundation and switched to Tarte bb moisturizer hoping my skin would look softer and flakes would be gone.

One thing I'm considering is using a microfiber wash cloth in lieu of the Clarisonic. I get the feeling it is just a tad too rough on my skin.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Valued Contributor

Re: Could Clarisonic Be Causing This?

I think you might need to exfoliate. I don't know where you live but where I live it's been brutally cold so that may be the reason. I love Philosophy's microdelivery wash. I use it every other day. Did you get the Clarisonic when it was a TSV in November? If so there are only a few more days left for the holiday returns. Just wanted to mention that in case you might be considering giving it up and going to a wash cloth.
Valued Contributor

want to listen abt it as well

Honored Contributor

I can't say with any certainty that it's the Clarisonic or not. I'd lean more toward what you're using as a cleanser or other skincare/treatment products that might be drying you out.

Respected Contributor

So the Clarisonic doesn't exfoliate?

Honored Contributor

On 1/25/2014 pommom said:

Some believe it does. Others believe it only deeply cleanses. I believe the Clarisonic people only market it as a cleansing machine and not really for exfoliating.

Super Contributor

I would tend to lean toward other products you are using, but that's just my opinion. My skin is dry as well and I only get flaky when I am using a product that is not providing enough moisture or one that is taking the moisture out of my skin. Is your makeup and moisturizer geared for dry skin?

Super Contributor

On 1/25/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Some believe it does. Others believe it only deeply cleanses. I believe the Clarisonic people only market it as a cleansing machine and not really for exfoliating.

ITA.

Honored Contributor

There website at one time specifically answered this question in their FAQs and stated that it does not exfoliate, it is a cleansing brush and it for deep cleansing. It stated it removed dead skin like a washcloth or microfiber cloth did but was not technically an "exfoliator". I do not know if it still says that on their website or not since I haven't been to it in awhile.

Respected Contributor

I think it may be my facial cleanser. Will switch to something that moisturizes. My facial cleanser is a "deep clean", but doesn't mention moisturizing. It works great in the summer since I tend to have oily skin.

Thanks, ladies, for your help.