Honored Contributor

O/T Questions about E225751 Neat Desk Desktop Scanner!

So I allmost bought this when it was a TSV, but didn't. I went to see what people thought of it.

People either loved it or hated it! There was very little inbetween. I tend to be able to do computer stuff because I muddle (is that a word?) through pushing buttons.

I'm not particularly computer savy. I have an IPAD2 and an IPHONE5 and use it but not nearly as much as I could use it.

What do you guys think of it? Would the very low savy tech (me) be able to set it up?

Honored Contributor

Re: O/T Questions about E225751 Neat Desk Desktop Scanner!

The scanner in question is a very helpful tool, and I think you would be able to set it up and start using it without any major issues. I was ready to buy one several years ago, until I found out that besides the price of the scanner, you have to pay a fee to register the scanner to your computer. That would have been fine, except my purpose in buying it was for both of my daughters to be able to use it as well, which would have meant paying for 3 registrations, costing as much as another scanner. Based on that information, I did not buy the product.

Respected Contributor

Re: O/T Questions about E225751 Neat Desk Desktop Scanner!

There is an app called ScannerPro for iPad. Unsure how much it is as I haven't loaded it yet. A co-worker loves it and uses it all the time. Check it out first. I bet there are other similar apps, too.