Regular Contributor

Tria question for those who own it -- help, please

The Tria Hair Removal System will be a TSV in February, and I am very interested in it. I looked at the full instructions for use, and it stated to let hair grow for 6 weeks before treating! Is this correct? I want it for my face and there is NO WAY I am letting that stuff grow for 6 weeks before using the Tria. Can those who already own a Tria answer this for me, please? Thanks so very much.

Rebecca J

Contributor

Re: Tria question for those who own it -- help, please

That is incorrect. It should be used on freshly shaved skin. No plucking must keep it shaved. I used mine on my lip area weekly. 2 years ago. Have some strays coming in now need to do a course of treatments I used the higher power which hurt. I bought a 4%xylocaine lotion and used before each tx. Bought it on Amazon I think.

Contributor

Just an FYI, this is a precision" version of the product. It said that it wasn't best to use it on legs, just smaller areas. If you already knew that, sorry! I very interested but I am going to wait until TSV day and see if they have more info.

Regular Contributor

On 1/24/2014 cqdcat said:

That is incorrect. It should be used on freshly shaved skin. No plucking must keep it shaved. I used mine on my lip area weekly. 2 years ago. Have some strays coming in now need to do a course of treatments I used the higher power which hurt. I bought a 4%xylocaine lotion and used before each tx. Bought it on Amazon I think.

Thank you, cqdcat. I thought it sounded odd -- perhaps to get as many active growth hairs as possible before shaving then treating? I don't know, but I am encouraged by your response. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Regular Contributor

On 1/24/2014 hkgirl05 said:

Just an FYI, this is a precision" version of the product. It said that it wasn't best to use it on legs, just smaller areas. If you already knew that, sorry! I very interested but I am going to wait until TSV day and see if they have more info.

hkgirl05,

Do you know if the area it treats is even smaller than the "regular" Tria? It seems awfully small to begin with, but since I want it primarily for face and not legs, do I need to be concerned? Thanks for any and all help! {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Occasional Contributor

Do you know a date for the TSV?

Respected Contributor

February 11.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012