Regular Contributor

I have one of the original Clarisonic face and body brushes. I do use the deep pore cleansing brush. Is there any advantage to upgrading to a new model (Mia2)? What is the difference between the models-does one have better technology/efficiency than the other? Thanks!

Respected Contributor

I don't think there is any difference other than size of the handle itself. I have the Aria which is bigger than the Mia, has the timer & the speed settings, but I thing other than that it too is the same technology.

Super Contributor
I gave my old one to my son because I wanted the newer prettier Mia yes there are two speed settings on the new one and the zones are timed.
Respected Contributor

I have both and see no difference. I also don't prefer one over the other. Wish I had just stuck with the first one until it broke.

Honored Contributor

If my original Mia ever dies I hope I can find the same thing. I do not want a Mia 2. As far as I know all they added is unnecessary bells & whistles.

I think I'd get very annoyed with the alerts to change where I am cleaning. I've read a lot of people do not like that. I do not need that much guidance I really do not need it to automatically turn off after a minute. I also do not see a need for multiple speeds.

Respected Contributor

I have the body one. It has timers and modes for the body brush, which I do use, but I don't use the timers since I can't remember them. I just use it on my face when it is in that mode. The body mode is a higher frequency/speed for the much larger brush. I tried the body brush on the smaller models, and it fits, but when turned on, it doesn't vibrate the same.

Super Contributor

I have both the Clarisonic Pro and a new Mia 2 that I bought here at QVC. The Mia 2 I purchased for travel more than anything else, not as an upgrade. It's smaller, lighter and has a great case too.