Super Contributor

It "Your Skin but Better" CC cream vs. Lumene BB cream

I have been pretty happy with Lumene BB cream, but want something with higher spf.

How does the coverage compare? I am hoping to eliminate a separate sunscreen. Can you just put it on with fingers or do you need to use a brush? How does IT compare with other BB or CC creams?

If this product is exceptional, I don't mind spending the money. I do mind spend "high end" money on a product that doesn't deliver.

Regular Contributor

Re: It ""Your Skin but Better"" CC cream vs. Lumene BB cream

If you like Lumene you will LOVE this CC cream. I didn't care for the Lumene as it felt greasy and didn't give me the coverage I wanted. I LOVE love this CC cream. It has my sunscreen, my primer and my foudation all in one.It does have a satiny finish.

I have tried countless..probably 10 BB/CC cream and I like this one better than my favorite one Rachel K. For me I look flawless.

If you sign up on her website you will get a 20% coupon and she offers free shipping on any $25 order. Can't beat that!

Valued Contributor

As you know I am a huge Lumene BB Cream fan. I tried soooo many (very expensive and very inexpensive) before I found Lumene. I did buy the IT BB cream, because I like a few of her items. My experience was that it was no better than Lumene, as far as the coverage and finish, so I decided not to spend the extra $ on it. It does have a slightly more matte finish than Lumene, so if that is what you like, then it will be the one for you. As for the additional SPF. After I put on my MadHippie or NCN Vit C serum, I wait one minute, then put on my Neutrogena Pure and Clean SPF 50. It goes on very sheer, like water! Then I put on my BB.

Super Contributor

Thanks to both of you! I have a 20% off coupon for Ulta. Maybe I'll go barefaced and try it on. I have to already put treatment on my skin and just want to eliminate a step. For years I never used anything on my face. I now have a blotchy face and sometimes a breakout and need something to cover and even out skin. My husband doesn't want a high maintenance wife. I want to get up and go!

Is It moisturizing?

Valued Contributor

On 1/23/2014 Kind12 said:

Thanks to both of you! I have a 20% off coupon for Ulta. Maybe I'll go barefaced and try it on. I have to already put treatment on my skin and just want to eliminate a step. For years I never used anything on my face. I now have a blotchy face and sometimes a breakout and need something to cover and even out skin. My husband doesn't want a high maintenance wife. I want to get up and go!

Is It moisturizing?

I believe it says that it is, but, that was definitely NOT my experience with it.

Respected Contributor

I have not tried the Lumene cream, but I have been using the IT CC for about a week now. I have tried it both with a brush and without. For me it is very easy to put on too much and feel that my skin looks too light although there is not heavy feeling on my face. The coverage is good. I have not felt dryness and I am glad not to use an SPF moisturizer bc they always feel greasy.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Occasional Contributor

I don't think CC cream is any better than bb cream..

CC cream is just too white for me because of the SPF.

Respected Contributor

On 1/23/2014 AshleyMartinez said:

I don't think CC cream is any better than bb cream..

CC cream is just too white for me because of the SPF.

Is that what that is? I didn't realize bc I have never used either before. It makes sense with all that zinc oxide.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Regular Contributor

I don't understand the love for Lumene BB cream Maybe I got a bad batch but I found it very heavy, matte, and hard to blend. Definitely "full coverage"!

Regular Contributor

The It CC cream comes in different colors for your skin tone that why I love it. I don't have to wear anything over it.