Frequent Contributor

Skinny tees different at qvc

I purchased several skinny tees directly from skinny tee and just yesterday got two sets of skinny tees from the upcoming tsv. The quality is lacking compared to the others I have the qvc ones are thinner with less spandex and not as nice at all. Seems they have been made especially for qvc to make us think getting two is a good value.
Honored Contributor

Re: Skinny tees different at qvc

What is the fabric content of the one you bought directly from the company?

Trusted Contributor

Fabric content is the same whether purchased from QVC or the Skinnytees website........both are 92% nylon and 8% spandex. QVC lists the fabric content and in another post regarding the Skinnytee TSV, a poster said that her item from the SkinnyTees website was the same fabric content.

Frequent Contributor

It is same fabric content but feels much thinner and less stretchy. My ones from skinny tee feel thicker for sure
Valued Contributor

I posted on the other thread. The fabric content is the same but believe it's in the manufacturing process. The QVC tees are rough and not smooth. The ones I ordered from the website are very soft like pima cotton would feel. Plus the QVC tees don't stretch as much. I am a size 8-10 and honestly don't feel they would stretch enough comfortably for larger sizes. But I don't like real tight clothing. I'm on the fence whether to keep them. Knowing me, I'd probably reach for the website tees and leave the QVC ones on the shelf. Maybe I'll wait for another sale on the website.

Frequent Contributor

I ordered two sets on qvc and was on wait list for the other three however they came today snd when I opened them I cancelled all the ones on wait list. I too will stick with the skinny tee website. U are so right about the softness of the skinny tee and the qvc version is lacking in softness and thickness. My skinny tees from skinny tee are far superior to these
Honored Contributor

Thanks for answering. How frustrating.

Trusted Contributor

I absolutely LOVE my SkinnyTees TSV from QVC (I got the Blk/White and blush/nude combos). But I've never ordered from their website and this is my first experience with them, so of course I have nothing to compare them to. So....I love mine and will probably get the rest of the TSV color combinations!

Trusted Contributor

Using the same fabrics can be misleading because there are grades of the exact same fabrication with some being much higher quality than others. This isn't unusual to hear about QVC because they often try to cut costs to increase profits. It is frustrating though when you order what you assume are the same exact quality tees and then find out when you get them that there is a big difference.

Look at the differences in cotton or denim ............. the variations in quality can be huge.

Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2014 wackers said:

Using the same fabrics can be misleading because there are grades of the exact same fabrication with some being much higher quality than others. This isn't unusual to hear about QVC because they often try to cut costs to increase profits. It is frustrating though when you order what you assume are the same exact quality tees and then find out when you get them that there is a big difference.

Look at the differences in cotton or denim ............. the variations in quality can be huge.

ITA Wackers. Look at Carole Hochman and Stan Herman's pieces at Sam's Club and Costco. They are totally different and not of the same quality. I certainly hope this TSV set I ordered is not different. I have plenty of the others from Classic Shapewear .com to compare mine too.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"