Respected Contributor

O/T- Dieting. Any low calorie snack ideas?

That is not yogert, cottage cheese, cream cheese or peanut butter related lol ( hate it)

I need to loose weight. My blood pressure is in the danger zone. I joined weight watchers online and will try to not give up this time. Any good low calories fast grab snack ideas? something easy to take to work also

Respected Contributor

Re: O/T- Dieting. Any low calorie snack ideas?

Cheese straws, celery and pimiento cheese, veggies and low fat ranch, any fruit, boiled eggs, bell pepper strips (awesome ate raw), tomatoes with salt/olive oil/basil/feta, cheese slices, nutella and apple, any of those Quaker rice cake snacks, low butter popcorn, Bays multi-grain whole grain English Muffins with a bit of natural preserves or sugar free preserves, broccoli salad (broccoli florets, rice vinegar, a bit of splenda, almonds, cranberries, and mayo/greek yogurt), nuts, granola, anything along those lines.

Respected Contributor

A glass of chocolate milk if you like milk! I love it super cold!

Esteemed Contributor

The biggest thing is to only eat what the serving size is of that item. I discovered dole banana and strawberry dippers. 100 calories low sugar. I have been making a trailmix with cranberries cashews and will throw m and ms in. Cheese sticks, apples.a cup of fruit. Yogurt. A couple slices of turkey meat.I love the fiber one lemon protein bars or the special k pastry krisps.

Respected Contributor

Good for you.

You can have any kind of snacks on WW, they don't limit you at all, just stay within your points but I'm eating tons and tons of popcorn, Skinny Girl is wonderful and tastes really fattening but it's not, Popchips are good, try any of the WW snacks available either at a WW meeting store or available in grocery stores.

I know they push snacks, at least 2 at day but that's so you don't overeat at lunch and dinner. I would encourage you to change it up, do veggies, microwave low fat popcorn, maybe some fruit, sugar free pudding, sugar free ice cream works or some nuts, even a kind bar.

Stick with it and don't cheat, eat your points, eat your extra 7 per day and track, track track unless you're jump starting with the 2 weeks of simple start. WoW, lots of ladies have lost 4-6# in a week with that simple start.

Esteemed Contributor

Pudding and Jello, Quaker oats yogurt granola bars.

Honored Contributor

Rolled gold pretzels - 15 are 100 calories. and special k crackers - 35 are 110 calories. I also bought some all fruit bars that are 70 cal each and some yogurt bars that are also 70 calories. All these were recommended at my first diet class.
Super Contributor

Hummus with Rice Crackers or celery or carrots.

Apples with peanut butter.

Greek yogurt---be sure it does not have high fructose corn syrup.

Almonds, or almond butter on an apple.

Gluten-free snacks and walking really work---just be sure the gluten-free are homemade and not processed things.

You can also make these crustless quiches in little muffin tins---recipes online.

Dark chocolate.

Respected Contributor

Also, you need to get your mind in focus, you are not dieting, you are eating healthy and choose to eat what you eat.

You are choosing what to eat, you are making the sensible decisions, have that piece of cake but make sure you allocate 10-15 points for it....it's not to "give up" and "quit" it's to eat healthy and be full and know portion control.

I was out of hand with portion control, I ate twice what I should of been eating, this WW thing is a whole new experience for me and knowing that I feel better, look better, it all comes in time.

I would however you start with Simple start, eat, eat, eat what's on the list until your stomach is content, that's a sure way of dropping some considerable weight the first and second week.

Respected Contributor

On 1/19/2014 happy housewife said: Rolled gold pretzels - 15 are 100 calories. and special k crackers - 35 are 110 calories. I also bought some all fruit bars that are 70 cal each and some yogurt bars that are also 70 calories. All these were recommended at my first diet class.

Pretzels are 3 points with WW, I counted them out and found that they are not worth 3 points, you can have so many other snacks (less points) and a lot more than 15 pretzels.

Also, my body retains the salt and I was advised by the leader to stop eating salty snacks around Wednesday (weigh in is Saturday) and I have found I'm losing easier lately.

but heck, that's me