Regular Contributor

Sigma... So expensvie now... WHOA!!!

I have seriously must be living under a rock.... When did Sigma brushes become soooo expensive?

OMG! Now granted I have had mine for YEARS(6++)... but I know I didn't pay more than $10-$12 each for mine... I wanted to get a few new ones and they are almost as much as MAC ones and with my MAC Pro discount MAC is cheaper...and I don't really care for MAC brushes...

I love my sigma brushes and they have stood the test of time... but I wasn't expecting those kind of prices.

Can anyone recommend another brush line just as good but less?

Thanks!!!

Regular Contributor

Re: Sigma... So expensvie now... WHOA!!!

P.S...

I am looking at Sedona Lace.. Anyone tried?

Frequent Contributor

I love Sigma brushes also!! I don't find them to be as expensive as other brands, its their shipping costs that keep me from buying from them more often. Makeup Geek has nice quality brushes for a lot less, I have a couple of eye shadow ones and I really like them.

Not applicable

Some of the Real Techniques brushes are very good, and they're affordable too.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a essentials kit awhile back because I was really getting into maekup again and wanted to make sure I had everything I needed was tired of trying to piece meal my brushes. I thought even with shippng it wasnt that bad and was around 11 a brush for my 12 piece kit.

Super Contributor

I bought a Sonia K (Target) skunk brush when I didn't want to fork out the $$$ for the much ballyhooed MAC. My thought was I'd see if I really liked it, then get the MAC, but the Sonia K is still going strong. REALLY cheap!

Maybe try one to get a sense of whether you think they're good, then go from there? :-)

What do you think of IT cosmetics brushes? I only have the one that came with the Celebration Foundation which is dreamy, and others here seem to be fans of Jamie's brush line.

Respected Contributor

I thought the same thing. I was hoping they would have Black Friday or cyber Monday deals, but no. Every you tube make up guru is an "affiliate" offering their 10% off code. So maybe the hype and pyramid scheme hiked their prices. And I agree about the high shipping.
Super Contributor

On 1/10/2014 shell said:

I love Sigma brushes also!! I don't find them to be as expensive as other brands, its their shipping costs that keep me from buying from them more often. Makeup Geek has nice quality brushes for a lot less, I have a couple of eye shadow ones and I really like them.

MUG brushes are nothing more than the CHEAP brushes from whats it called. The brush place that makes a lot of brushes for companies. They are the EXACT same brushes and they just put her name on them. But you can buy directly from them for much less. Darn. What is their name?

Super Contributor

On 1/10/2014 pattajc said:

Some of the Real Techniques brushes are very good, and they're affordable too.

YES!!!

OP: Sedona Lace are GOOD.