Frequent Contributor

Bath and Body Works Products

Hi Ladies, I know nothing of these products but I think of them for pre teen/teenagers. Am I wrong? Is it good quality? I am 52 and do not like a lot of scented products but I was just curious. They seemed to be busy at Christmas.

Thank you. Happy New Year.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bath and Body Works Products

elainemasey, I know that many posters have commented positively about some of their products. It is not my cup of tea at all, even when I was younger. Way too sweet and overpowering and headache-inducing for me, unless they've changed.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I buy the lotion for the scent. Vanilla Bean Noel!
Frequent Contributor

Thank you.

Valued Contributor

Hi-

While I DO think that their target market is a younger one, I know many adult women who find some scents and products that they like there. For me, I primarily shop there when there's a sale on candles. I also like a few things in their SPA line (blue) or Shea line (brown).

Oh, and I do like Vanilla Bean Noel on occasion, too!

Super Contributor

I love the eucalyptus tea aromatherapy, warm milk & honey sleep product, and vanilla bean noel. Also, I like the twisted peppermint body cream. It has a cooling effect on the skin...good for the gym. Having said that, there are many scents I do not like b/c I think they are way too sweet. However, I have found a few favorites and you might too.

Valued Contributor

The store used to be have a different feel, more country and natural. Perhaps, some of the scents are more girly but they do have some scents that anyone will enjoy. I have been shopping there on & off for around 20 years or so and don't feel unwelcome. They do have some nice scents but they have changed over the years. The older (more classic) scents were much better. Seems like they have a lot of florals now. I don't find the lotions overly moisturizing, they work better when my skin is less dry but I use the body fragrances everyday. My favorite is Brown Sugar & Fig (can only be bought online or sometimes at the semi-annual sale). I also like Cashmere Glow & Japanese Cherry Blossom.

Regular Contributor

I love the Eucalyptus Spearmint Aromatherapy line. For Christmas I buy the Balsam candles & the Balsam room spray is the best! Smells so good.

The foaming hand soaps are nice too plus you can save the bottles & refill them over & over with other hand soap (1/2 soap, 1/2 water). The Shea Hand cream (the brown tube) feels wonderful but it's not my favorite scent.

A lot of their scents I find downright nauseating. This past summer I bought the Watermelon Lemonade candle & it went in the garbage. My own fault, I ordered online without smelling it first.

One thing I will say...shop the sales & use their coupons. I don't think any of their products are worth the full price they charge.

Regular Contributor

On 1/1/2014 missyw1 said: I buy the lotion for the scent. Vanilla Bean Noel!

I'm with you. I love that scent.

Contributor

I used to love this store but as I've gotten older, it seems to have gotten younger. As someone else said, I don't feel unwelcome, just a lot of "younger" fragrances being offered in my opinion.

My all-time favorite fragrance was Velvet Tuberose, White Cherry was a very close second and both are discontinued. Hate that! Sometimes they can be found at the semi annual sale but not always.