Honored Contributor

The ComPact is a commitment to simplify, pare down, streamline. It began as a way to gain some control over our collections of beauty products. Why were we amassing so much, yet not using what we were buying? Why were we always searching for the next new product? Why couldn't we just find what worked for us and stick with it?

The ComPact, however, is not restricted to beauty items. If you have a collection you want to address, do it here. Choose an area you want to work on, and track your progress on the ComPact thread. Members will offer tips and encouragement.

Choose one of our many mantras (“One by one until they’re done!” “We are SPAHHHRRRTAN!!!” “Not until you really have to.” “Buy less, choose well, make it last.” “Resist the propaganda.” "If it's high, I don't buy!" “When in doubt, do without!” “Shoplighters of the World Unite!”) or create a new one and share it. Target items each month to toss, donate, or use, and post your “chopping block” -- or “hit list.” Post temptations, post victories.

They say it takes 30 days for something to become a habit: Let's see if taking the ComPact one month at a time works for you.

Join us.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Contributor

Happy New Year! I have read the ComPact often, but this is my first post.

I am determined to gain control over paper! This is the one area that creates the biggest source of clutter for me. I started this week by designating a place for the mail and declaring the kitchen counter as a "no paper zone."

This is a huge task. I have boxes and baskets of paper. Meanwhile, I have a filing cabinet that is nearly empty. Go figure. Somehow, there is never the time to deal with it, but I have to make the time.

Valued Contributor

Happy New Year to my fellow ""smarter shoppers"" !!

Honored Contributor

Happy New Year!

I am still in the process of figuring out what my personal goal will be with ComPact. I get to determine my own journey so I'll be here.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Valued Contributor

Happy New Year to all my fellow ComPacters. Thanks so much for all your comments, it has given me such strength. I am ready to stay strong in 2014. One day at a time I will use this stuff and clean out what I have. Life is just a work in process for me so I will not let that overwhelming stash stress me out. Good luck to all of us. Thanks Bee for getting us going again.

Honored Contributor
On 1/1/2014 Tique said:

Happy New Year!

I am still in the process of figuring out what my personal goal will be with ComPact. I get to determine my own journey so I'll be here.

Allow the January No-Buy Bandwagon to provide transportation on your journey!

Honored Contributor
On 1/1/2014 New Leaf said:

Happy New Year! I have read the ComPact often, but this is my first post.

I am determined to gain control over paper! This is the one area that creates the biggest source of clutter for me. I started this week by designating a place for the mail and declaring the kitchen counter as a "no paper zone."

This is a huge task. I have boxes and baskets of paper. Meanwhile, I have a filing cabinet that is nearly empty. Go figure. Somehow, there is never the time to deal with it, but I have to make the time.

I hear ya on the paper! And the filing cabinet!

Honored Contributor
On 1/1/2014 dakotacheryl said:

Happy New Year to my fellow ""smarter shoppers"" !!

Back atcha!

Honored Contributor
On 1/1/2014 Beauty$Junkie said:

Happy New Year to all my fellow ComPacters. Thanks so much for all your comments, it has given me such strength. I am ready to stay strong in 2014. One day at a time I will use this stuff and clean out what I have. Life is just a work in process for me so I will not let that overwhelming stash stress me out. Good luck to all of us. Thanks Bee for getting us going again.

Your mantra for 2014: One by one until it's done.