20 Members and 10999 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

WHAT WERE THE DATES THAT TARGET CUSTOMERS HAD C.C./D.C. #'s STOLEN

Started 1387642390.22 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1387649322.623 by wackers
replies

Was it on certain dates?

Page 1 of 1
Kokathy1387642689.1772955 PostsRegistered 6/9/2012

I believe it was during a specific time frame. I think from the day before Thanksgiving to last week I think.

I'm just a gal trying to take over the world.

taztn1387642749.9529 PostsRegistered 11/21/2005Tennessee

November 27 through December 15

MeAndMyArr­ow1387645491.3631034 PostsRegistered 8/3/2013Hollyweird-Land of the Lost

Just got this Email from Target this morning...hope it helps someone out there...

cut and pasted from my email account:

As you have likely heard by now, Target experienced unauthorized access to payment card data from U.S. Target stores. We take this crime seriously. It was a crime against Target, our team members and most importantly you - our valued guest.
We understand that a situation like this creates stress and anxiety about the safety of your payment card data at Target. Our brand has been built on a 50-year foundation of trust with our guests, and we want to assure you that the cause of this issue has been addressed and you can shop with confidence at Target.
We want you to know a few important things:
The unauthorized access took place in U.S. Target stores between Nov. 27 and Dec. 15, 2013. Canadian stores and target.com were not affected.
Even if you shopped at Target during this time frame, it doesn’t mean you are a victim of fraud. In fact, in other similar situations, there are typically low levels of actual fraud.
There is no indication that PIN numbers have been compromised on affected bank issued PIN debit cards or Target debit cards. Someone cannot visit an ATM with a fraudulent debit card and withdraw cash.
You will not be responsible for fraudulent charges – either your bank or Target have that responsibility.
We’re working as fast as we can to get you the information you need. Our guests are always the first priority.
For extra assurance, we will offer free credit monitoring services for everyone impacted. We’ll be in touch with you soon on how and where to access the service.
Please read the full notice below. And over the coming days and weeks we will be relying on corporate.target.com and our various social channels to answer questions and keep you up to date.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and loyalty to Target!

(my own P.S....I made a purchase on 12/14...been monitoring my account online every day...so far, OK. I do have lifelock...so that may be a plus...don't know as of yet how this will all pan out.)

Last edited on 12/21/2013

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Dosey1387646543.6333872 PostsRegistered 10/16/2010

I was going to take a wait and see approach. Monitor my account, etc. Then, I read that the customers' information is flooding the black market. I am going to cancel my cards and have new ones issued.

wackers1387649322.6237040 PostsRegistered 7/12/2007SW

I have been involved with 2 similar security breeches and both times, I did have to have my cards replaced. The first one was the TJ Maxx breech back in 2007 and my bank took the position at that time that any of their customers involved should have new cards issued.

The second one was in February of this year with a local grocery chain and initially this store was not openly admitting to the breech. That made it more challenging for the banks. Fortunately my bank kept very close monitoring on the customers who did shop there and I was one of them. Sure enough, charges started showing up in NY at multiple stores and my bank caught it right away. So my card was cancelled once again and a new one issued.

What is really a shame about all this, beyond the terrible inconvenience and hardship this could cause customers within 7 days of Christmas (it can take up to 5 days for reissuing new cards unless banks expedite that which Target is requesting that banks do and waive any fees for such to their customers due to the timing) is the enormous cost to Target. It's not as if they didn't have adequate security in place but these thieves are becoming more and more adept at breaking through even the best. The initial cost to Target I read the other day is 25 million but where it may cost them much more than that is the likelihood that Visa, Amex, etc will probably increase their transaction fees for Target and depending on how much that ends up being, Target may be forced to pass some of that on in their pricing. So it has a far reaching impact.

So much damage is done when this occurs from hardship to financial to overall reputation but it seems like there is no end in sight. No matter how secure a company may feel their security is, those intent on breaking though these barriers, keep getting better and better at it. Technology has brought so much good but it also has a very deep dark side to it~

Page 1 of 1