Creede Silver Sale
147 Members and 14631 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Nick Chavez's hair models - are hot rollers or velcro put in before he sprays?

Started 1385411989.993 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1385483978.553 by Poppet1
replies

I absolutely LOVE the model's hair that Nick Chavez creates for the longer hair. Such beautiful curls! How does he achieve this? Wish there was some step-by-step. Anyone know? Thanks.

Page 1 of 1
Jangroomer1385417639.343488 PostsRegistered 4/26/2006

Hi Poppet1 - I can tell you that Nick uses Velcro curlers. My hair isn't long, but he has Velcro curlers he used to sell on QVC, and he will use those on me in the salon, and I do sit under the dryer for a few minutes with them in my hair. I don't think I've ever seen him use anything but Velcro curlers in his salon, and I've been going there for 12 years. Normally, he will cut the hair after the shampoo and blow dry, then put in the curlers for a few minutes before he does the finishing style.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Janice

TuesdayTay­lor1385423534.607616 PostsRegistered 11/1/2010Montpelier, Vermont

I'm not sure what he does but I love watching Nick and his demonstrations - totally enjoyable. :)

Poppet11385478861.0172382 PostsRegistered 3/16/2009
On 11/25/2013 Jangroomer said:

Hi Poppet1 - I can tell you that Nick uses Velcro curlers. My hair isn't long, but he has Velcro curlers he used to sell on QVC, and he will use those on me in the salon, and I do sit under the dryer for a few minutes with them in my hair. I don't think I've ever seen him use anything but Velcro curlers in his salon, and I've been going there for 12 years. Normally, he will cut the hair after the shampoo and blow dry, then put in the curlers for a few minutes before he does the finishing style.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Janice

You are sooo lucky! Nick is amazing! What velcro rollers does he use? Are they sold at his salon? Thank you!

JeanLouise­Finch1385479188.98310874 PostsRegistered 10/3/2011

Jangroomer - I ordered the Thirst Quencher Hairspray last night. Does it really hold well and hair go back into place after being out on a windy day? I assume I can use it to spray before using a hot roller. My hair isn't really dry so is it going to make it overly moisturized or oily? TIA

Jangroomer1385483089.433488 PostsRegistered 4/26/2006

Hi JeanLouiseFinch! I believe the Thirst Quincher Hairspray will hold for you on a windy day. The hold isn't as strong as his Volumzing Spray, but it's still very good. You could absolutely use it to spray before using a hot roller. My hair is normal to oily, and I've used it without it with no problem. If it responds to your hair like mine, I don't think you'll find it over-moisturized or oily. I hope you like it! I've bought it at Ulta, and paid $23 for 1 can, so the deal they're giving on QVC is a great one.

Janice

Jangroomer1385483371.533488 PostsRegistered 4/26/2006

Poppet1, thanks, my splurge to myself is to have Nick color and cut my hair. (He's very reasonable though, for being in BH.) Nick is amazing -- last time I was in the salon, I didn't know how I wanted it cut, so I told him to do what he thought would look good, and it turned out great. I got far more compliments when he cut it as he thought it would look best than I've ever gotten before when I chose the cut! :)

I believe he does sell the Velcro rollers in his salon -- you can also check his website, nickchavezbeverlyhills.com. If you want to call his salon to see if you can get the rollers from him, their number is 310-247-1838. Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Janice

morganjen1385483494.162667 PostsRegistered 11/25/2004

I would love to know how to unroll velcro rollers and have them not tangle in the hair.

Poppet11385483978.5532382 PostsRegistered 3/16/2009
On 11/26/2013 Jangroomer said:

Poppet1, thanks, my splurge to myself is to have Nick color and cut my hair. (He's very reasonable though, for being in BH.) Nick is amazing -- last time I was in the salon, I didn't know how I wanted it cut, so I told him to do what he thought would look good, and it turned out great. I got far more compliments when he cut it as he thought it would look best than I've ever gotten before when I chose the cut! :)

I believe he does sell the Velcro rollers in his salon -- you can also check his website, nickchavezbeverlyhills.com. If you want to call his salon to see if you can get the rollers from him, their number is 310-247-1838. Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Janice

Thank you sooo much! I will give them a call.

Page 1 of 1