Labor Day Weekend Clearance
168 Members and 9088 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Its Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Matte Luxe Shadow Palette - Made in China

Started 1383402787.417 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1383832899.883 by Trix

This is in regards to A238703 Its Cosmetics eyeshadow

I would love to have this palette as it is matte that can be converted to a shimmer.

The only problem is the price and the fact it is made in China. Someone questioned this fact by asking this question, but no one has answered her.

Does anyone know the quality control of these products which are very popular?

Thank you.

Page 1 of 2
jerseygyrl1383403277.9932163 PostsRegistered 11/6/2006

It's a sad fact but most of the Q beauty brands outsource eye palettes to China (tarte & it come to mind) but hey, it keeps their profit margins very high!

Last edited on 11/2/2013

jerseygyrl1383403426.72163 PostsRegistered 11/6/2006

Sorry, I didn't answer your question. I imagine that there is quality control in the manufacturing process just as I'm sure there was some level of quality control with all the pet food made there but bad stuff can creep in anywhere.

ednapsych1383404731.8431296 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I love the trio of matte nude eye shadows I purchased from IT. They are great...go on smooth with no tug at all and stay all day. I rarely used up and eyeshadow, but the trio is an exception...used it all up! I will be buying this new palette....it was a toss up between this product and the one Doris D introduced last night (wow...they are huge!)...but Doris' have a sheen, and at my age sheen and/or shimmer is not a good look.{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

darlyn1383404910.79787 PostsRegistered 1/1/2008NC

You are so right. So many pet food products have made dogs sick and some have died from imports from China. I am always seeing recalls on pet treats and foods. That is why I am concerned about this as eye shadows are on top of your eye. I sent in a suggestion to the Q about the making of eye shadows and beauty products in China. I have seen other people that are concerned about this fact.

hellokitty1383405212.5131571 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004The land of Hang on Sloopy

I will not buy cosmetics made in China. That is just my personal preference. I know this can limit what I buy but that's ok.

ednapsych1383405237.311296 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Is the product itself made in China, or the packaging? I thought I read somewhere that the product itself was made in the USA but it was put together in packaging made in China. I may be wrong....but thought I read that.

MMDB1383405620.01240 PostsRegistered 4/13/2011
The product description says made in China. It doesn't make a distinction between the product or packaging. That's the reason I am also not purchasing.

ednapsych1383405620.5431296 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Can someone tell me what product line on the Q is not made in China. I would like to try those products and avoid the whole China thing if I can. The problem is that the US imported 40% of all imported products from China last year! How are we to know???{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

darlyn1383406313.7187 PostsRegistered 1/1/2008NC

I appreciate your feedback on this product and subject. I believe it is all about the money and China makes the product cheaper than the US and they probably own the US also. This is unfortunate because I lived in the era when the US made their own and people took pride in their product.

HappyDaze1383406559.89315627 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012
On 11/2/2013 darlyn said:

I would love to have this palette as it is matte that can be converted to a shimmer.

The only problem is the price and the fact it is made in China. Someone questioned this fact by asking this question, but no one has answered her.

Well, hopefully they will respond. The other thing you can do is email her company. I did when I wanted to know where certain ingredients came from. They ignored my first few emails but I think once they knew I was going to persist, they finally answered and it turns out it was animal sourced, just like I was worried about.

My question then becomes, if you don't think what your doing is wrong (e.g. having your products made in China, sourcing ingredients from animals, etc) then why do you try to hide it or avoid the questions about it? I like a company to be honest and transparent.

Last edited on 11/2/2013

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...but becomes something entirely different when someone STEALS your ideas and claims the credit for themselves.

“Only those with no memory insist on their originality.” -Coco Chanel

jerseygyrl1383406893.962163 PostsRegistered 11/6/2006
On 11/2/2013 HappyDaze said:

Well, hopefully they will respond. The other thing you can do is email her company. I did when I wanted to know where certain ingredients came from. They ignored my first few emails but I think once they knew I was going to persist, they finally answered and it turns out it was animal sourced, just like I was worried about.

My question then becomes, if you don't think what your doing is wrong (e.g. having your products made in China, sourcing ingredients from animals, etc) then why do you try to hide it or avoid the questions about it? I like a company to be honest and transparent.

HAHA!!! I suspect I know exactly which product you are referring to. Celebration Foundation? Hydrolyzed colagen?

Beejene1383407198.071631 PostsRegistered 12/26/2011New York, New York

I love Tarte and I love IT Cosmetics and if they are made in China, I'm still going to use them. I'm sure there are so many more things we use that are made in China and we are not even aware of it. Including many of the handbags and apparel you buy from QVC

HappyDaze1383407212.11715627 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012
On 11/2/2013 jerseygyrl said:

HAHA!!! I suspect I know exactly which product you are referring to. Celebration Foundation? Hydrolyzed colagen?

bingo! There was also another ingredient but I can't remember what it was right now. I will have to look through my emails if I still have it. It was sometime last year or beginning of this year that I emailed so it was awhile ago.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...but becomes something entirely different when someone STEALS your ideas and claims the credit for themselves.

“Only those with no memory insist on their originality.” -Coco Chanel

darlyn1383408982.80787 PostsRegistered 1/1/2008NC

Well I emailed QVC and Its Cosmetics about this fact. I also called Ulta in my area and the lady I spoke with said the product she had said made in China.

On the Q Smashbox has products made in China and when I went to a local store that carries them it said made in the USA.

Our clothes and other items come from third world countries and there is not much you can do. The quality of these items are not like they used to be.

When it comes to health and beauty products, I do have a problem.

I do have other Its Cosmetics products and they all say made in China. There is not much we can do about it. Maybe the more we bring it to the vendor's attention maybe someone will take notice. I try to avoid parabens, animal testings etc and use natural as much as possible as products we put on our face and body effect our health.

turtle521383417035.342353 PostsRegistered 2/22/2008

I just ordered the palette. I hope that it will be shown in detail in the 3 pm show. I received the Mally Shadow Stick holiday set from Ulta and although the color lasts all day, they have too much sparkle so I am going to return them. These aging eyes need matte, NOT sparkle!

BTW, the IT website also is selling the palette. It is $42 WITHOUT the brush. The brush sells for $24 on its own. There is free shipping but even with QVC's shipping, QVC has a much better price!

Last edited on 11/2/2013

This too shall pass.

Danish Gal1383419991.643896 PostsRegistered 8/2/2007Arizona
On 11/2/2013 jerseygyrl said:

bingo! There was also another ingredient but I can't remember what it was right now. I will have to look through my emails if I still have it. It was sometime last year or beginning of this year that I emailed so it was awhile ago.

Elastin is the other deceased animal ingredient used by It Cosmetics and other vendors.

KatCat11383421499.23316831 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011

What is really pathetic is what they pay the Chinese people to make their products. I call it Slave Labor.

Last edited on 11/2/2013

RedConvert­ibleGirl1383422542.23313985 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW

I'm OK of the packaging or brushes are made in China, but I won't use cosmetics or skincare that are made in China. I just will not put that stuff on my face, I for one don't trust their so called quality control. The country, IMO, has proven that it cannot be trusted with things like cosmetics, pet food, etc. So I try to avoid anything that go on my skin, in my body and my pets bodies that come from China.

When we shoulder the mantle of compassion no cry goes unheard and no wound goes unhealed. In this world of seemingly endless suffering we have to believe that no one is beyond hope of rescue. Scotlund Haisley, Animal Rescue Corps

suzyQ31383426502.55724496 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007

I was excited about the palette -- until I watched the presentation. They must have had at least a half dozen models wearing different shade combinations, yet to me, they all looked very similar, with maybe one or two exceptions.

The shades have more rust and red in them than I like. I have blue eyes, and supposedly I should look good in them. But I don't. I really didn't think any of the models looked very good in them.

One thing that struck me as odd was how Jamie was using the one pearlized shade intended to turn any of the other all matte shades into a shimmer, if you want. Instead of applying first the color, wiping off the brush, and then picking up some of the shimmer shade to go lightly over it, she would dip the brush into the color shadow and then directly into the pearlized shadow, leaving a big blob of color on it. Just seemed like a weird way to do it.

Another thing is that they both kept saying that the shadows were the same as the anti-aging trios. But I compared the ingredients in this palette (someone posted them) with the anti-aging trios on QVC, and they are not the same at all. That doesn't mean one is not as good as the other, but they are not the same formula.

howwhatwhen1383426994.8233001 PostsRegistered 9/6/2007
On 11/2/2013 suzyQ3 said:

I was excited about the palette -- until I watched the presentation. They must have had at least a half dozen models wearing different shade combinations, yet to me, they all looked very similar, with maybe one or two exceptions.

The shades have more rust and red in them than I like. I have blue eyes, and supposedly I should look good in them. But I don't. I really didn't think any of the models looked very good in them.

One thing that struck me as odd was how Jamie was using the one pearlized shade intended to turn any of the other all matte shades into a shimmer, if you want. Instead of applying first the color, wiping off the brush, and then picking up some of the shimmer shade to go lightly over it, she would dip the brush into the color shadow and then directly into the pearlized shadow, leaving a big blob of color on it. Just seemed like a weird way to do it.

Another thing is that they both kept saying that the shadows were the same as the anti-aging trios. But I compared the ingredients in this palette (someone posted them) with the anti-aging trios on QVC, and they are not the same at all. That doesn't mean one is not as good as the other, but they are not the same formula.

I caught that too and you are right they are not the same formula, totally different ingredients. I for one wish that they were since I can not use the shadows in the new palette because they contain aloe and I'm allergic oh well I'll have more money to spend elsewhere.

suzyQ31383427359.87324496 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007

howwhatwhen, I should have posted the ingredients for this new palette. Here they are:

Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Water (Aqua), Cholesteryl, Oleyl Carbonate, Cholesteryl Nonanoate, Cholesteryl Chloride, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Hydrolyzed Silk, Collagen Amino Acids, Glycerin, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Camellia Sinesis (Leaf) Extract, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Vitis Vinifera/Grapeseed Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hyaluronic Acid, Niacinamide, Olive Leaf Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Chamomilla Recuitta (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Perfluorodecalin, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Manganese Violet (CI 77492), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

caralou_21383433009.91108 PostsRegistered 10/19/2007

This was asked on It's Facebook page:

I was wondering about the eye shadows in your new Naturally Pretty Matte Luxe Shadow Palette & Brush on QVC. Are the shadows made in China or just the container? Thank you!

• It Cosmetics:Hi Kendall! We absolutely understand your concern! We formulate all of our products here in the U.S., but use factories in multiple countries. We have an entire manufacturing team in New York that is dedicated to traveling to, inspecting and determining the absolute best factories to work with based on a specific product we are developing. You'll notice that some of our products, like our new Bye Bye Redness, Celebration Foundation, Hello Lashes Mascara, Vitality Lip Flush and Vitality Cheek Flush, are all made in the USA, while others are formulated and often the ingredients are sourced in the USA, but are assembled and filled in China, Korea etc. We only work with factories with long standing histories for prestige quality control standards that are fully certified in every area and are also utilized by several of our peer prestige cosmetic lines as well.

All of our finished products also undergo strict quality control, ingredient assessment and dermatological testing (but never animal testing! We are certified by PETA as a cruelty free brand) as well. I really appreciate and understand your concern and we have had some of our customers ask where are products are made. I can tell you that the quality of our products is really what has afforded us the opportunity to grow as a brand as well as the wonderful word of mouth recommendations from all of our wonderful customers who use and love our products. We hope this helps!! XOXO

kyreb1383436243.957311 PostsRegistered 11/1/2006
Being made in the US does not necessarily ease my mind. -- just reading about fillers used by dermatologist coming from cadavers-- really I had no idea we were so desperate for beauty...

Mary Bailey1383436543.1977196 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004sw of Chicago
On 11/2/2013 ednapsych said:

Can someone tell me what product line on the Q is not made in China. I would like to try those products and avoid the whole China thing if I can. The problem is that the US imported 40% of all imported products from China last year! How are we to know???{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Mally's Shadow Sticks are made in Italy

Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.

suzyQ31383440128.5824496 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007
On 11/2/2013 kyreb said: Being made in the US does not necessarily ease my mind. -- just reading about fillers used by dermatologist coming from cadavers-- really I had no idea we were so desperate for beauty...

I'm simply unwilling to have anxiety about every cosmetic purchase I make. I will pay more attention to skincare because I have sensitive skin and don't want any known irritants, but if I like an eyeshadow or lipstick, I'll buy it.

Page 1 of 2