New Contributor

Principal Secret Reclaim Botanical

I couldn't resist...lol! Hers was the first skin care regimen I ever tried, back with the original Principal Secret and the infomercial featuring Aida Thibiant. I've tried the Advanced and the original Reclaim. Loved the first Principal Secret, loved the Advanced, never like Reclaim -- felt greasy and did nothing.

Had to try the Reclaim Botanical for old times' sake in spite of the not-so-great CS from Guthy Renker these days.

All I can say is this stuff is awesome! Nothing like Reclaim. It's a botanical and peptide based complex, with a several generations removed relative of retinol added (an alfalfa derivitive of some kind -- PS uses a lot of made-up names for their ingredients: Synant Peptide, Secretinol, APT, etc. -- hard to tell what it really is without doing a little digging). Argireline is still an ingredient.

I gave up retinol this year as it was thinning and drying my skin more than helping it, so the less effective retinol relative isn't an issue for me.

It's moisturizing without being greasy like the original Reclaim. The fragrance is fresh and botanical (green notes). The two serums (there's a third I recommend, which comes as a sample with the 90 day kit, and is supposed to be added to the the day and night serums for extra moisture) are light and absorb quickly. The creams are also fast absorbing and leave no greasy residue. The day cream includes a broad spectrum SPF 15. There's a nice eye cream, which probably isn't necessary, but if you like eye creams this one is fine. There's also a scrub and a mask, two more nice-but-not-necessary products.

The cleanser, however, is a departure from her usual cleanser formulation. This one is creamier and doesn't leave skin feeling as stripped as her old cleanser. I wouldn't have liked this even five years ago, but I really appreciate it now. It does rinse well and it does remove all makeup.

I am loving this system -- noticed definite improvement in overall tone, in dryness and in fine lines within a few days.

If you're a Principal Secret fan but didn't have great results with original Reclaim, this is much more like the first two lines than the old Reclaim.

One caveat: purchasing this line involves setting up a new account and so far it's not available for mix-and-match with the other products. Not sure why they're doing this and hope it changes. However, you can still get the other products at the "club price" if you order this.