TSV(R) Preview
14 Members and 12817 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Trish McEvoy Power of Makeup Planner on HSN

Started 1378438420.397 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1379869663.89 by divagirl28
replies

I happen to like Trish. I think she is one classy lady. I had a problem with her customer service, and she thanked me for letting her know and took care of the problem immediately. However, I do have a problem with her putting parabans in almost all of her makeup products. At the prices she charges, I would think she could find a way to make these products without parabans. Look up the ingredients for the above mentioned planner, and you will see that almost all of her products contain parabans. As I purchase and replace products, I am trying not to purchase products that contain parabans. My best friend died of breast cancer, and the doctors told her not to use products that contained parabans. This is just my opinion, but I felt that you should know what it is that you are purchasing. I was quite shocked when I found this out.

Page 1 of 1
nunu4u1378439058.5878687 PostsRegistered 9/22/2006

I'm sure you can find paraben free cosmetics! Here is an alternate opinion from Cosmetics Dictionary

<h1>parabens</h1>
Rating:
Good
Categories:
Preservatives
Group of preservatives, including butylparaben, propylparaben, methylparaben, and ethylparaben, that are among the most widely used group of preservatives in cosmetics. It is estimated that more than 70% of all cosmetic products contain some form of paraben. Parabens are believed to cause less irritation than some preservatives and offer broad antifungal and good antibacterial activity.

Parabens have become a stigmatized group of preservatives due to their alleged relation to breast cancer. The Paula's Choice team has researched this issue extensively and come to the conclusion that parabens are not harmful ingredients consumers should avoid. Click here for more information on parabens and the controversy surrounding them. See preservatives

smhr1378476268.813822 PostsRegistered 1/16/2012laid back and mellow town USA

You have a right to express your concerns. You have a right to start a subject about your concerns. Where I find fault with your post is 1. you misspelled parabens at least 5 times, and that seems to be the hot topic here. 2. you don't disclose or have your facts about "which" parabens or the "source" of the parabens which caused this friends death. Parabens are found in so many sources, so why did you bring up Trish McEvoy's planner? I fail to understand the correlation between the planner and friends death. There seems to be more evidence that deodorants can cause breast cancer.

Just so you know, I misspell words all the time, but make an effort to proof read any topic, I start a subject on.

Last edited on 9/22/2013

txrose1378476767.767953 PostsRegistered 10/16/2007
On 9/6/2013 smhr said:

You have a right to express your concerns. You have a right to start a subject about your concerns. Where I find fault with your post is 1. you misspelled parabens at least 5 times, and that seems to be the hot topic here. 2. you don't disclose or have your facts about "which" parabens or the "source" of the parabens which caused this friends death. Parabens are found in so many sources, so why did you bring up Trish McEvoy's planner? I fail to understand the correlation between the planner and friends death. There seems to be more evidence that deodorants can cause breast cancer.

Just so you know, I misspell words all the time, but make an effort to proof read any topic, I start a subject on.

Thank you I could not have said it any better{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

browneyedg­rl201378555139.35733 PostsRegistered 7/30/2010
Hi divagirl28, I am so sorry about the passing of your best friend. I hear what you're saying. Parabens are controversial, so I try to avoid them when possible. I do have some products that contain them, but I pick and choose and feel that if I can avoid them, I will.

SilentDance1378556016.42714821 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!

I respect every one's concerns, but personally I wouldn't even think of buying expensive makeup without having preservatives in the ingredient list. Non-paraben cosmetics are better suited for less expensive "throw away" type makeup products.

I know cancers are a concern but bacterial and fungi infections are significant in this day and age when treatments are becoming less and less effective and simple infections become fatal.

:)

Rowdymom1378557231.84313099 PostsRegistered 6/20/2005SE PA
On 9/6/2013 smhr said:

The misinformation about parabens that is spread on this board and the herd mentality leading to panic never ends, does it?

Just to correct what I've highlighted, the ONLY study ever attempted concerning parabens was conducted using deodorant. The study has been widely discredited. There was no control group, subjects were not screened for cancer prior to participation and the overall number of subjects was too small. The study failed to demonstrate any link in enough patients to prove anything because there weren't enough people involved.

For ACCURATE information concerning parabens, I suggest the Center for Disease Control website. They discuss the acceptable levels of parabens in products. Based on their guidelines, I will not purchase a product with multiple parabens. Single paraben products make sense to me in this era of "superbugs".

Last edited on 9/7/2013

Last edited on 9/7/2013

blonde/gray, blue-gray, dry combination, neutral beige. WEN, Somerville, Clinique

Page 1 of 1