TSV(R) Preview
13 Members and 11300 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

It's Here - Paula's Choice RESIST C15 Super Booster (15% Vitamin C)

Started 1377542486.403 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1379369436.41 by suzyQ3

and it's $45.00 for .67 oz.

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next
suzyQ31377544015.722883 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007

How ironic. I made a big deal about it being a secret, and here you found it before I did. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I didn't get an e-mail notice; did you? But yes, it's up on the site now. I'll check it out.

Thanks for the alert, JLF.

JeanLouise­Finch1377544448.198927 PostsRegistered 10/3/2011
On 8/26/2013 suzyQ3 said:

How ironic. I made a big deal about it being a secret, and here you found it before I did. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I didn't get an e-mail notice; did you? But yes, it's up on the site now. I'll check it out.

LOL....I "liked" the PC page on FB so I get her news that way. I get emails, too, but haven't check them yet today.

Last edited on 8/26/2013

Last edited on 8/26/2013

Rowdymom1377544781.00313085 PostsRegistered 6/20/2005SE PA

Wonder if she'll give it three $$$ and suggest less pricey alternatives at the end of the review?{#emotions_dlg.lol} Seriously that's over $60 /oz. I'm surprised.

blonde/gray, blue-gray, dry combination, neutral beige. WEN, Somerville, Clinique

Butterfly121377544908.543613 PostsRegistered 11/1/2005

Thanks so much for posting. I just went and ordered it with some free samples.Love free samples!!

suzyQ31377544976.08722883 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007
On 8/26/2013 JeanLouiseFinch said:

LOL....I "liked" the PC page on FB so I get her news that way. I get emails, too, but haven't check them yet today.

Last edited on 8/26/2013

I just spoke to their CS, and she told me that this is their "soft" premier of the product. The official one is in September, when they'll have deluxe samples available. But she said that she thinks the deluxe sample will be either $7 or $10 for, I believe, .12 ounces.

If I decide to try this, I think I'll go for the regular size. The ingredient deck looks good, and her FAQs section is very thorough, probably the longest I've seen on her site.

Thanks again for the heads-up.

njnj1377547419.87569 PostsRegistered 8/28/2011

Hi JeanLouise, your post made me very happy - until I saw the price, and then I made a face.

Ridiculous pricing. First the exorbitant pricing on the BHA 9, and now more of the same thing with this product!

Ingredients posted below.

I am a PC fan, and I wouldn't easily consider paying this much when ladies here have had good things to say about NCN and NuFountain Vitamin C serums - which do contain many of the ingredients below, and then some!

Water, Ascorbic Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, PPG-26 Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Tocopherol, Ferulic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Acetyl Octapeptide-3, Glycerin, Panthenol, Sodium Metabisulfite, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol

njnj1377547678.153569 PostsRegistered 8/28/2011
On 8/26/2013 Rowdymom said:

Wonder if she'll give it three $$$ and suggest less pricey alternatives at the end of the review?{#emotions_dlg.lol} Seriously that's over $60 /oz. I'm surprised.

Ditto.

SecondHand­News1377548007.5531380 PostsRegistered 11/28/2005

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but Skin Actives has a little kit you can mix up fresh for $15.50 an ounce. L-ascorbic acid and a serum with ferulic acid, phloretin, vitamin E and more. You can customize the amount of Vitamin C you use to up to make your solution up to 20%.

Last edited on 8/26/2013

Last edited on 8/26/2013

OCGurl1377548575.367270 PostsRegistered 8/2/2007Palm Desert, CA
Ridiculous pricing!

suzyQ31377549253.4622883 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007
On 8/26/2013 njnj said:

Hi JeanLouise, your post made me very happy - until I saw the price, and then I made a face.

Ridiculous pricing. First the exorbitant pricing on the BHA 9, and now more of the same thing with this product!

I am a PC fan, and I wouldn't easily consider paying this much when ladies here have had good things to say about NCN and NuFountain Vitamin C serums - which do contain many of the ingredients below, and then some!

Water, Ascorbic Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, PPG-26 Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Tocopherol, Ferulic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Acetyl Octapeptide-3, Glycerin, Panthenol, Sodium Metabisulfite, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol

Here is the full ingredient deck for PC's new Vitamin C serum:

Water, Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C/antioxidant), Ethoxydiglycol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), PPG-26 Buteth-26 (emulsifier), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (thickener), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Ferulic Acid (antioxidant), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Acetyl Octapeptide-3 (cell-communicating ingredient), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Panthenol (skin conditioning agent), Sodium Metabisulfite (stabilizer/antioxidant), Triethanolamine (pH adjuster), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

Here is the ingredient deck for NCN's Vitamin C serum:

INGREDIENTS: Water, L-Ascorbic Acid & MAP (Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate), Hyaluronic Acid, Glutathione, Sea Kelp Bioferment, Oat Beta Glucan, Vitamin E (mixture of Tocopherols & Tocotrienols), Ferulic Acid, Polysorbate 80, Optiphen.

Here is the ingredient deck for NuFountain C20 Vitamin C serum:

Purified Water, 20 percent L-Ascorbic Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Glycerin, pH of 2.5

Here is the ingredient deck for Mad Hippy's Vitamin C serum:

Water Deionized, Vitamin C (Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate), Alkyl Benzoate, Vegetable Glycerin, Water, Glycerin, Sodium Levulinate, Sodium Anisate, Clary Sage (Salvia Sclarea), Grapefruit (Citrus Grandis), Hyaluronic acid, Amorphophallus Konjac Root Powder, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Vitamin E (Tocotrienol), Ferulic acid, Chamomile Flower Extract (Recutita Matricaria), Sodium Phytate, Xanthum Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose

Last edited on 8/26/2013

Last edited on 8/26/2013

philogirl1377549449.171251 PostsRegistered 6/9/2010
On 8/26/2013 Lemonzest said:

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but Skin Actives has a little kit you can mix up fresh for $15.50 an ounce. L-ascorbic acid and a serum with ferulic acid, phloretin, vitamin E and more. You can customize the amount of Vitamin C you use to up to make your solution up to 20%.

Last edited on 8/26/2013
Thank you! This sounds promising!

JeanLouise­Finch1377549901.8038927 PostsRegistered 10/3/2011
On 8/26/2013 njnj said:

Believe me, I hear ya on the price! I use the BHA 9, too, and hate it when it's time to re-order. I was posting about the C15 Booster for information only, not an endorsement. I've tried NCN's Vit. C, but found that I like Mad Hippie Vit. C Serum much more. It's under $30 for a full ounce in a dark brown bottle w/dropper.

suzyQ31377550388.7822883 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007
On 8/26/2013 njnj said:

<p style="background: white;">Water, Ascorbic Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, PPG-26 Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Tocopherol, Ferulic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Acetyl Octapeptide-3, Glycerin, Panthenol, Sodium Metabisulfite, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol

<p style="background: white;">

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;">

Believe me, I hear ya on the price! I use the BHA 9, too, and hate it when it's time to re-order. I was posting about the C15 Booster for information only, not an endorsement. I've tried NCN's Vit. C, but found that I like Mad Hippie Vit. C Serum much more. It's under $30 for a full ounce in a dark brown bottle w/dropper.

What didn't you like about the NCN serum that you were previously using?

FYI: I edited an earlier post to include the ingredients in four Vitamin C serums, including Paula's.

I have very mild rosacea and somewhat sensitive skin, so I would want to steer clear of Mad Hippy because of the clary sage.

Of the other three, I do like the higher number of antioxidants and several other good ingredients in Paula's, so I think it might be a good choice for me, no pun intended.

glmama1377551849.9718306 PostsRegistered 12/8/2006
Hi JLF-Funny I'm seeing this today b/c I'm needing a new C-serum. But I won't be getting this one!

Over 40. Dark hair. Fair, with mild-moderate Rosacea. Finicky skin. Did I mention--Gorgeous? ;)

JeanLouise­Finch1377552189.358927 PostsRegistered 10/3/2011
On 8/26/2013 njnj said:

<p style="background: white;">Water, Ascorbic Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, PPG-26 Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Tocopherol, Ferulic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Acetyl Octapeptide-3, Glycerin, Panthenol, Sodium Metabisulfite, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol

FYI: I edited an earlier post to include the ingredients in four Vitamin C serums, including Paula's.

I have very mild rosacea and somewhat sensitive skin, so I would want to steer clear of Mad Hippy because of the clary sage.

Of the other three, I do like the higher number of antioxidants and several other good ingredients in Paula's, so I think it might be a good choice for me, no pun intended.

Suzy - I'm sure NCN's an effective product, but I used it according to the directions (number of pumps) and went through it very fast. Plus, it has a very unpleasant odor and burned when I applied it. MH's on the other hand has no unpleasant odor, glides on nicely without any irritation, and I only need about 5-6 drops per application (face and down the neck). I'm not terribly knowledgeable on rosacea or its triggers, but since the MH also contains aloe vera and vitamin e, I wonder if they would buffer the clary sage somewhat. I guess you could always contact the company if you really want to know.

brandiwine1377552918.972139 PostsRegistered 11/9/2006Colorado

Thanks for the laugh! I'm sure Ms Paula only has our best interests at heart, NOT! She lives to criticize other products to promote her own. I bet she loves looking at her bank account.

suzyQ31377553721.86322883 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007
On 8/26/2013 njnj said:

Suzy - I'm sure NCN's an effective product, but I used it according to the directions (number of pumps) and went through it very fast. Plus, it has a very unpleasant odor and burned when I applied it. MH's on the other hand has no unpleasant odor, glides on nicely without any irritation, and I only need about 5-6 drops per application (face and down the neck). I'm not terribly knowledgeable on rosacea or its triggers, but since the MH also contains aloe vera and vitamin e, I wonder if they would buffer the clary sage somewhat. I guess you could always contact the company if you really want to know.

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I'll probably try Paula's because I actually do have trust in her formulations and know that they are free of fragrance and known irritants, which is very important for my type of skin. It's more expensive than some and less expensive than others. But I will definitely keep Mad Hippy in mind. Love the name.

It's funny, but on another thread I warned a newbie who referenced Paula that she should expect a flurry of very negative posts. Lyn in Michigan, whose posts I always enjoy, told me that I was exaggerating.

I gave her paraphrased examples of some of what I've seen on this forum. I should have just quoted a recent post on your thread here. Wink

ETA: Darn. I checked out the reviews for Mad Hippy on MUA. Aside from the controversy regarding some of them, I saw this review from a person with sensitive skin and so probably won't be able to take a chance on it:

"After test driving this (10% SAP) serum for over a week, I now can say it's a no-go, at least for me. Tiny blisters around my eyes were the ultimate deal-breaker. Obviously, one of the botanicals were triggering some kind of allergic reaction. My guess is that it's the clary sage (salvia). Not really sure why it's included except that perhaps it's for its aromatherapy properties? On that note, I will mention that this serum seems strongly fragranced."

Last edited on 8/26/2013

Last edited on 8/26/2013

Nona of Fi­ve1377562964.41203 PostsRegistered 6/21/2012

I was so going to order this because I really like Paula's products but the price has convinced me I am better off with my NuFountain (21.99 for 1 oz).

FindingMyJ­oy1377564125.373601 PostsRegistered 12/28/2012

Thank you for posting this info! My skin does like Paula's BHA, AHA and moisturizers....but the price on this one just seems too steep for me.

Is this going to be an ongoing trend - each new launch is more expensive and tiny container? I guess I'm disappointed in the price and size due to she seemed really against paying $$ for items.

Sweetiepie21377565909.663386 PostsRegistered 2/4/2006

ITA{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

njnj1377568748.61569 PostsRegistered 8/28/2011
On 8/26/2013 Lemonzest said I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but Skin Actives has a little kit you can mix up fresh for $15.50 an ounce. L-ascorbic acid and a serum with ferulic acid, phloretin, vitamin E and more. You can customize the amount of Vitamin C you use to up to make your solution up to 20%. Thank you Lemonzest!

JeanLouise­Finch1377570160.7178927 PostsRegistered 10/3/2011
On 8/26/2013 njnj said:

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I'll probably try Paula's because I actually do have trust in her formulations and know that they are free of fragrance and known irritants, which is very important for my type of skin. It's more expensive than some and less expensive than others. But I will definitely keep Mad Hippy in mind. Love the name.

It's funny, but on another thread I warned a newbie who referenced Paula that she should expect a flurry of very negative posts. Lyn in Michigan, whose posts I always enjoy, told me that I was exaggerating.

I gave her paraphrased examples of some of what I've seen on this forum. I should have just quoted a recent post on your thread here. Wink

ETA: Darn. I checked out the reviews for Mad Hippy on MUA. Aside from the controversy regarding some of them, I saw this review from a person with sensitive skin and so probably won't be able to take a chance on it:

"After test driving this (10% SAP) serum for over a week, I now can say it's a no-go, at least for me. Tiny blisters around my eyes were the ultimate deal-breaker. Obviously, one of the botanicals were triggering some kind of allergic reaction. My guess is that it's the clary sage (salvia). Not really sure why it's included except that perhaps it's for its aromatherapy properties? On that note, I will mention that this serum seems strongly fragranced."

Last edited on 8/26/2013

As I said earlier, I don't know a lot about rosacea or its triggers. You have to do what's right for you, first and foremost, but I strongly disagree with this review. While the Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum has a much more pleasant scent than the NCN serum, I think it's misleading for the quoted reviewer to say it's strongly fragranced. To the contrary, while nicer, the scent is very mild. What's noticeable to me is that it doesn't stink like NCN's. Overall, the reviews for MH are positive, overwhelmingly 4 & 5 stars on numerous websites like truthinaging, madhippie dot com, iherb dot com, amazon dot com, drugstore dot com, and last year was ranked in the top 5 Vit. C serums among other more expensive products.

Good luck with Paula's, though, I hope it works well for you. Did you notice that it's not in a dark bottle? I wonder why, since she's usually a stickler for that kind of thing?

FUTURE1377570461.810821 PostsRegistered 5/18/2008
I saw this today, and would like to try it, but the cost is really getting me. I'm sure it's an awesome serum, but I'm also a little concerned that it might be a little too "potent" for me. I am finishing up my Isomers bottle, then will use my CSS one. By then, there will be plenty of reviews on which to base my next purchase. Thanks for the heads up, JLF!

HappyDaze1377570679.57312548 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012
On 8/26/2013 njnj said:

Last edited on 8/26/2013

As I said earlier, I don't know a lot about rosacea or its triggers. You have to do what's right for you, first and foremost, but I strongly disagree with this review. While the Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum has a much more pleasant scent than the NCN serum, I think it's misleading for the quoted reviewer to say it's strongly fragranced. To the contrary, while nicer, the scent is very mild. What's noticeable to me is that it doesn't stink like NCN's. Overall, the reviews for MH are positive, overwhelmingly 4 & 5 stars on numerous websites like truthinaging, madhippie dot com, iherb dot com, amazon dot com, drugstore dot com, and last year was ranked in the top 5 Vit. C serums among other more expensive products.

Good luck with Paula's, though, I hope it works well for you. Did you notice that it's not in a dark bottle? I wonder why, since she's usually a stickler for that kind of thing?

They just fixed the scent issue with NCN so that is no longer an issue.

Using vitamin C products with a dropper or jar, anything you have to open up constantly exposing it to air and light causes the vitamin c to break down much quicker (even more stable forms) so it isn't as effective. I always shake my head when I see lines putting vitamin c in anything other than an airtight pump. Why even bother putting it in a dark bottle if you still have to open it up ever time you use it?

I couldn't use Mad Hippie's due to irritation. Probably the clary sage and/or the grapefruit in it. I was willing to put a pump on it if it didn't cause me issues. I don't even have overly sensitive skin.

suzyQ31377570931.8622883 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007
On 8/26/2013 njnj said:

Last edited on 8/26/2013

I will ask CS about the bottle. But considering that in the description it states "Specially packaged to minimize light and air exposure," I'm thinking that they have that covered. Paula's Choice, as far as I've seen, is very careful about delivery systems. It might just look light in the photo.

My main concern with that review was the mention of irritation possibly from the clary sage, which is a known very strong irritant. Obviously, many can tolerate it.

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next