Fashion Special Offers
60 Members and 12396 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Perricone OVM - what a scam!

Started 1377398688.587 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1379940997.45 by Lulujean
They just said in the presentation that the product is made from chicken egg membrane which "feeds" the embryo, providing energy and nutrition. Therefore this product is ant-aging. Huh? Biology 101 will tell you that the membrane's purpose is solely for protection. It is partially made up of the protein keratin, but that's the sole nutritional value. They also want you to believe that since it's a membrane, it will naturally provide your skin with some sort of cushion. I have a bridge I will sell you in Brooklyn, and I'll put it on EZ pay!

Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4 Next
BellaCarro1377398863.7037611 PostsRegistered 10/1/2011Atlanta

Yeah, I had to walk away from the TV. That was pretty bad. Of course, they had the usual line that it's provides the most powerful results ever. They say that every time.

Lexy Laure­nn1377398895.013485 PostsRegistered 6/28/2013

It is kinda silly, huh?

Venezia1377399326.1972700 PostsRegistered 4/10/2007
On 8/24/2013 lizzief said: They just said in the presentation that the product is made from chicken egg membrane which "feeds" the embryo, providing energy and nutrition. Therefore this product is ant-aging. Huh? Biology 101 will tell you that the membrane's purpose is solely for protection. It is partially made up of the protein keratin, but that's the sole nutritional value. They also want you to believe that since it's a membrane, it will naturally provide your skin with some sort of cushion. I have a bridge I will sell you in Brooklyn, and I'll put it on EZ pay!

How much do you want for that bridge? Real estate is always a good investment! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

sher48591377400106.893810 PostsRegistered 8/7/2008Pa

My daughter and I want to know- "What do they do with all those eggs after they crack em open for membrane harvesting?" {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Tomorrow is another day...

Blondelle1377432024.8674182 PostsRegistered 8/4/2007

Dr. P is the one who should have egg on his face for trying to foist this nonsense on us gals, not us! This is just gimmick after gimmick. Why don't they just make the products the best they can be, instead of bringing out the miracle skincare flavor of month. If their existing products did everything they claimed they did, why do we need this new miracle goo?

MarthaStew­ardess1377438052.387186 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006
On 8/25/2013 Blondelle said:

Dr. P is the one who should have egg on his face for trying to foist this nonsense on us gals, not us! This is just gimmick after gimmick. Why don't they just make the products the best they can be, instead of bringing out the miracle skincare flavor of month. If their existing products did everything they claimed they did, why do we need this new miracle goo?

LOL, you're right about the flavor of the month. Seems like every time Dana is on with Dr P's stuff, there's always an item that's his secret stash or the best thing since sliced bread.

culebra1377438609.8972255 PostsRegistered 3/22/2005

Dr. P's products are not as good as Dr. Denese's products. I have tried both.

retiredgal­651377439494.56333 PostsRegistered 5/10/2007South Dakota and Arizona

yeah, totally grossed out watching how egg membrane was going to magically make our skin younger. Had to add this latest gimmick to the long list of items they are trying to sell us for a very high price. I thought snake oil salesmen went out of business in the last century.

"I had survived the long road that led to the present" - Paul Theroux in one of his travel books

pommom1377440594.1933246 PostsRegistered 9/19/2006

Run the vacuum, unload the dishwasher, get the mail, etc. when Perricone products are on.

God's answer to prayer:
1 - Yes
2 - Not yet
3 - I have something better in mind

- Robin Roberts

kate235713774406511089 PostsRegistered 2/26/2012
On 8/25/2013 culebra said:

I love Dr. D's products. I know that the pads and the hydroshield have done nice things for my skin. (I've tried many of her other items...but those two are the one's I've never moved away from using).

Never tired Dr. P's items...for a couple of reasons. Cost and smell (some folks have said the products kind of smell). Also because ever since I saw Dr. P on PBS touting his skin care AND his eating style, I've just never warmed up to him or his products.

If Dr. P's regime works for folks...that's a good thing.

Me?...I'm sticking w/ Dr. D. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

sueme1377442850.503243 PostsRegistered 2/12/2007Northeast

I do agree with all of you about Dr. P's products. BUT I have to say I got sucked into the infomercial for the sub-D neck cream. I am 45 and had noticed my chin looking kind of saggy and not the same definition in my jawline. I will use this product forever! I know it's costly, as all of his products are. It also came with a small face wash (not impressed), a small cold plasma face cream (meh) and 2 other products of which none of them impressed me at all. I have had people ask me what's different about my face, doing makeup different?, new lipsticks? Etc. I changed nothing but adding this neck cream. The only worry I have is if I stop using it what will happen?

Sueme \

funwun1377443935.0771302 PostsRegistered 2/3/2013
On 8/25/2013 culebra said:

I agree...I love Dr Denese's products...they actually work well for me at a much more affordable price range!

ednapsych1377444913.2971269 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 8/24/2013 lizzief said: They just said in the presentation that the product is made from chicken egg membrane which "feeds" the embryo, providing energy and nutrition. Therefore this product is ant-aging. Huh? Biology 101 will tell you that the membrane's purpose is solely for protection. It is partially made up of the protein keratin, but that's the sole nutritional value. They also want you to believe that since it's a membrane, it will naturally provide your skin with some sort of cushion. I have a bridge I will sell you in Brooklyn, and I'll put it on EZ pay!

Hahahaha lizzief! I know I was thinking the same thing. I know what I will do! This morning I am making Sunday eggs...I will peel off the membrane and smear it all over my face! Done! Then I will pulverize the shell in my blender and mix it with my face soap and voila!! I have an exfoliator! Not a spec of that egg wasted!! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

shopchocho­lic1377445180.7771513 PostsRegistered 9/2/2007

i tried perricone products a long time ago including the $240 and higher product but something in his products makes my skin breakout.

I am not loyal to any one brand. I go with what my skin loves. roth, denese, m2, philosophy, isomers and various masks from diff comp all keep each other company on my dresser.

as long as it works that's all that matters. I look at the ingredients and give it a try.

relaxer1377446574.807122 PostsRegistered 8/1/2009

I use Perricone along with other lines. I've thought them effective (to a point) but the more new products they introduce the more I resist. Wonder what other latest discovery they have lined up? This goes for other product lines too.

Not sure how even Dana could present this egg stuff with a straight face. At last, I product that doesn't temp me much less buy.

relaxer1377446610.05122 PostsRegistered 8/1/2009

I use Perricone along with other lines. I've thought them effective (to a point) but the more new products they introduce the more I resist. Wonder what other latest discovery they have lined up? This goes for other product lines too.

Not sure how even Dana could present this egg stuff with a straight face. At last, I product that doesn't temp me much less buy.

sparklestar1377447433.1079979 PostsRegistered 1/6/2008

I saw the presentation and I didn't take biology and I'm not a smart person, but I was like "come on ... that's really some story she's telling." And the funniest part is she sounds like she really believes it.

Desertdi1377448043.31715563 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Surface of the Sun
On 8/25/2013 ednapsych said:

Hahahaha lizzief! I know I was thinking the same thing. I know what I will do! This morning I am making Sunday eggs...I will peel off the membrane and smear it all over my face! Done! Then I will pulverize the shell in my blender and mix it with my face soap and voila!! I have an exfoliator! Not a spec of that egg wasted!! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

And if your eggs come in a paper carton.....you can use it to stack your charcoal briquettes to start your barbeque..............

Peachypink1377448412.55168 PostsRegistered 7/22/2005
On 8/25/2013 sueme said:

I do agree with all of you about Dr. P's products. BUT I have to say I got sucked into the infomercial for the sub-D neck cream. I am 45 and had noticed my chin looking kind of saggy and not the same definition in my jawline. I will use this product forever! I know it's costly, as all of his products are. It also came with a small face wash (not impressed), a small cold plasma face cream (meh) and 2 other products of which none of them impressed me at all. I have had people ask me what's different about my face, doing makeup different?, new lipsticks? Etc. I changed nothing but adding this neck cream. The only worry I have is if I stop using it what will happen?

I was using Strivectin neck cream, and I needed more. I went to Sephora, but they no longer carry it. The salesperson talked me into buying Cold Plasma Sub-D neck cream. I will never stop using it. It has worked wonders on my 60-year-old neck. It is cost prohibitive, but I got what I paid for. I have not tried his other products, and after reading what you all have written, I'll stick with Algenist.

qvcaddition1377449799.8575405 PostsRegistered 6/30/2007

FUNWUN: I completely agree with you, Dr. Denise products far superior to Dr. Perricone and I have both in my cosmetic cabinet. I have his face washes, drying, and hers and skin so much smoother. creams of every kind from both and her far better. All that is higher on his is his price and the lack of him showing up for presentations. Does he still exist?

I use an old fashion skin remedy, the whites of egg for a facial. It tightens.

Last edited on 8/25/2013

Last edited on 8/25/2013

sher48591377458753.5810 PostsRegistered 8/7/2008Pa
On 8/25/2013 qvcaddition said:

FUNWUN: I completely agree with you, Dr. Denise products far superior to Dr. Perricone and I have both in my cosmetic cabinet. I have his face washes, drying, and hers and skin so much smoother. creams of every kind from both and her far better. All that is higher on his is his price and the lack of him showing up for presentations. Does he still exist?

I use an old fashion skin remedy, the whites of egg for a facial. It tightens.

Last edited on 8/25/2013

Maybe you can scoop out the membrane and add it to your facial for that added benefit. Just kidding.

I use Dr Denise too and love her products. There is something about Dana's presentations and the hush hush secret calls to Dr Perricone to beg for a sample , unlock the secret vaults and all that phoney mumbo jumbo. I will say though- Dana does have lovely skin.

I cannot imagine if this smells like eggs and other products smell like fish- you will smell like a brunch buffet after applying.

Tomorrow is another day...

Save the W­hales1377461731.107773 PostsRegistered 4/1/2008
"Well after all he does know that we all are looking for THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH! Right?"

🌺🌺Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date!🌺🌺

pupcakes1377469943.69321003 PostsRegistered 7/29/2006

Perricone's a ripoff like all the others.

Life is like a snowstorm...you'll meet a lot of flakes.

ElvisShops1377470053.0174559 PostsRegistered 1/28/2007
On 8/25/2013 Grandma-In-Maui said:
"Well after all he does know that we all are looking for THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH! Right?"

I know I am. If you find something, please shout it out. :)

“When I feed the hungry, they call me a saint. When I ask why people are hungry, they call me a Communist.”
― Dom Hélder Pessoa Câmara, Brazilian archbishop

WillEscape­CAsoon1377472142.613107 PostsRegistered 3/5/2009

{#emotions_dlg.lol} Didn't you know? If we don't have an MD after our names we are too stupid to understand simple biology and to be able to figure out NOBODY needs 20+ products slathered on their face twice a day.

Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4 Next