TSV(R) Preview
134 Members and 17171 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

My Q account was suspended

Started 1376670509.653 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1376936370.95 by Southern Fried Chick

QVC suspended my account they said i had too many returns.I have returned items lately items that i didnt care for, a few sent damaged a Dooney and Bourke purse the claspe fell off as i was taking it out of the box.The IT tsv didn't like it.They should not advertise and say over and over,if your not happy send it back.No loss for me there S/H is always to high.

Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 4 ...6Next
colliegirls1376671009.1576900 PostsRegistered 5/13/2012

So sorry! Yes, they do not say on TV that if you return too much that you will be punished!!

kerri121376672321.174 PostsRegistered 8/16/2013
On 8/16/2013 colliegirls said:

So sorry! Yes, they do not say on TV that if you return too much that you will be punished!!

I feel like i have been grounded LOL. I just added up all my orders out of 32 things ordered i returned 6 items.I just called CS she was so nice, said she would look into it and call me back.She said it was strange o'well i don't buy much anymore just cant justify the high S/H charges when almost everyone is free S/H.

crush1376672336.8932132 PostsRegistered 10/7/2005NC

I'd just like to know what do they consider "too much"...I don't buy as much from the Q as I once did, mainly because I can find the products at a better price without the high s/h. I do have a couple of things on autoship because I think they are good values. Recently I have purchased much more from HSN...they offer coupon incentives, reduced s/h, and generally a better price for what I'm looking.

I did just send back one of the things I ordered from the Q because it just didn't work for me. I just wonder what ratio of buying and returning is "too much"?

colliegirls1376672666.8436900 PostsRegistered 5/13/2012

I read somewhere that you get a warning letter if you return a certain % of items, not sure what that percentage is.

Rainbows a­nd Roses1376672818.12718545 PostsRegistered 6/4/2011

If you were paying the shipping what difference would it make? My goodness I had a friend return 4 boxes of things last week from the Q. She does buy a lot though. Gets packages almost everyday.

"Crying is for plain women, Pretty women go shopping." Oscar Wilde

"The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion but cosmetics are easier to buy." YSL

Rainbows a­nd Roses1376672999.4518545 PostsRegistered 6/4/2011
On 8/16/2013 kerri12 said:

I feel like i have been grounded LOL. I just added up all my orders out of 32 things ordered i returned 6 items.I just called CS she was so nice, said she would look into it and call me back.She said it was strange o'well i don't buy much anymore just cant justify the high S/H charges when almost everyone is free S/H.

It is hard buying my mail but when I buy from Talbots they are what they have always been. An xs is xs for me even though it is a large xs it still fits me and I never have to return......Now my friend sent 4 boxes back to qvc......never wore them and think of the cost $6.95 at least per return............crazy.

"Crying is for plain women, Pretty women go shopping." Oscar Wilde

"The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion but cosmetics are easier to buy." YSL

colliegirls1376673125.6936900 PostsRegistered 5/13/2012

If you got suspended without a letter warning, they must suspect you of tampering with the products or something more than just returning items.

imaclothes­hog1376673231.36722292 PostsRegistered 2/12/2006

I don't know what your circumstances were, or what your shopping habits are, or how much you've returned and what they consider too much, but it's definitely disappointing that they treat people like this and scold them.

It's sad that a company the size of QVC would find it necessary to shame people like this, all the while promoting their 30 day returns, no questions asked return policy.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

{#emotions_dlg.unsure}They need to come clean with viewers and be honest about their ENTIRE return policy, I think it's bad enough they suspend someone's account, but even worse that they don't fess up that they do this to people and keep most of their customers in the dark... that is until they happen to slip up and make the fatal mistake of "too many returns" according to them.

"If you can't make it better, you can laugh at it". ~Erma Bombeck

kachina6241376673241.0316619 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004New Mexico
If that happened to me, I'd be too embarrassed to post it for the public to read. You have to have returned a heck of a lot of merchandise, certainly more than you mention.

imaclothes­hog1376673331.76722292 PostsRegistered 2/12/2006

If you got suspended without a letter warning, they must suspect you of tampering with the products or something more than just returning items.

I've never heard of this, what would that include? What does that mean tampering with products? How would one do that? guess I don't get that. {#emotions_dlg.confused1} I don't remember reading on the boards about anyone who has "tampered with products". {#emotions_dlg.mellow}

imaclothes­hog1376673439.3422292 PostsRegistered 2/12/2006

They need to be honest with the consumer about how many things one can return. They need to make their entire return and order cancellation policy available to the public.

champagnep­oodle1376673566.9035867 PostsRegistered 9/26/2011

Yup, you get a warning letter at 60% return rate.

imaclothes­hog1376673737.61322292 PostsRegistered 2/12/2006
On 8/16/2013 champagnepoodle said:

Yup, you get a warning letter at 60% return rate.

And that's fine, it is perfectly acceptable for them to have that policy, but, IMO they need to notify people that's what it is, so people can understand that and not just go on the 30 day returns, no questions asked, return any item you want to schtick.

I like shopping with QVC and have been a shopper for a long time. I have purchased everything from them, from computers, to clothing, to jewelry, to pots and pans. But they are wrong with this hidden policy about returns and cancellations, they need to let people know up front, what to expect, out of fairness.

Silver Lin­ing1376673864.493652 PostsRegistered 4/15/2010
On 8/16/2013 Rainbows and Roses said:

If you were paying the shipping what difference would it make? My goodness I had a friend return 4 boxes of things last week from the Q. She does buy a lot though. Gets packages almost everyday.

Hi kerri, hope you get it settled to your satisfaction. Like you said, though, maybe they did you a favor. A number of people on these boards have complained about the hosts saying returns guaranteed and then sending "the letter." Hi R&R, I think the Q is supposed to sell returned items "as is" and at a reduced price, so that creates more processing and reduces profitability. Return S&H paid by the customer for the return wouldn't cover the actual costs. Maybe the Q should add some sort of a disclaimer and/or stop using "returning" as a sales tool.

Last edited on 8/16/2013

Last edited on 8/16/2013

LBandS1376674049.621625 PostsRegistered 5/19/2012Pacific Northwest

They won't let me place check orders anymore. Unspoken policy, no warning!

It is a war on customers.

Go to BBB.com and file a complaint. You can also look into the FTC and the state attorney general. They are making complaints against us when poor quality, hidden policies, and fraudulent statements, like returns okay.

Last edited on 8/16/2013

Last edited on 8/16/2013

very fair, red hair, green eyes,
there is no order of difficulties in miracles

Save the W­hales1376674113.933843 PostsRegistered 4/1/2008
They call it "tracking" a lot of the stores are doing this now.......Target, Khols, Walmart are keeping track of people's returns! It was on our local news channel this week!

🌺🌺Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date!🌺🌺

graycatsru­le1376674198.285774 PostsRegistered 7/3/2013

I think it takes alot to get suspended.

imaclothes­hog1376674314.18722292 PostsRegistered 2/12/2006
On 8/16/2013 Silver Lining said:
On 8/16/2013 Rainbows and Roses said:

Hi kerri, hope you get it settled to your satisfaction. Like you said, though, maybe they did you a favor. A number of people on these boards have complained about the hosts saying returns guaranteed and then sending "the letter." Hi R&R, I think the Q is supposed to sell returned items "as is" and at a reduced price, so that creates more processing and reduces profitability. Return S&H paid by the customer for the return wouldn't cover the actual costs. Maybe the Q should add some sort of a disclaimer and/or stop using "returning" as a sales tool.

Last edited on 8/16/2013

ITA. I respect the right of QVC as a company to have any policy they want, they are a business trying to make money.

But to push the 30 day returns policy as they currently pitch it, just return it if you don't like it, the wrong color, yada yada is just wrong because clearly there is MORE to their return policy if people get letters for returning too much.

Just be honest with the customer, don't make them think things are one way, when they are clearly another. Let them know what the entire policy is, so they can plan their shopping and returns and ordering in accordance with that policy.

To make a policy that a customer has to abide by without letting them know what the policy is, is just wrong and unfair.

imaclothes­hog1376674366.43322292 PostsRegistered 2/12/2006
On 8/16/2013 graycatsrule said:

I think it takes alot to get suspended.

But what? That's what we need to know. What does it take? Shouldn't we all know that? They need to tell us.

Karena1376674443.745575 PostsRegistered 6/30/2008Bay Area, California
On 8/16/2013 Grandma-In-Maui said: They call it "tracking" a lot of the stores are doing this now.......Target, Khols, Walmart are keeping track of people's returns! It was on our local news channel this week!

Yes, I heard about this too regarding those stores you mentioned.

I've known for a long time how the Q is about returns after reading things on this board. I very, very rarely return anything (maybe twice a year) and am super careful about what I purchase for that reason.

imaclothes­hog1376674600.01722292 PostsRegistered 2/12/2006

I think there is a HUGE difference in returning something to a store, where you can see it, touch it, look at it prior to purchase, vs. a shopping channel where everything has to come home to you, before you can decide whether it is what you want.

This must be realized and shopping channels must respect that aspect of their business and be willing to accept the fact that people may not keep everything they order.

Nightowlz1376675324.1139827 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I don't much as anymore because it costs too much to return. I try to make sure it's something I want before I buy it. I don't buy clothes because you never know how it will fit even though they have sizing charts. Sometimes I order & cancel because I decide I don't need it. I guess they don't like that either. At least they still have the item & it can be sold. I have bought 3 items this year. All were sandals. I returned 2 pair. 1 pair was a Birki's TSV which I did not like the cheap plastic looking straps. Guess I need to stick with the leather only. The other pair was Orthaheel Dr. Weil ($130) which one sandal the arch was higher then the other sandal. I could not wear them because of that. That higher arch in the one sandal made my foot hurt. They have a 30 day return policy so I don't think they should send out letters suspending accounts.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” Will Rogers

catprincess1376675688.4472365 PostsRegistered 4/9/2007Rocky Mountains

I have heard that you only get the warning letter if you use a Q account to pay for an item. I send back about 25% of what I order either for sizing issues or just lack of quality!

SUHSE391376675698.571758 PostsRegistered 3/13/2012
On 8/16/2013 annnacat said:

They won't let me place check orders anymore. Unspoken policy, no warning!

It is a war on customers.

Go to BBB.com and file a complaint. You can also look into the FTC and the state attorney general. They are making complaints against us when poor quality, hidden policies, and fraudulent statements, like returns okay.

Last edited on 8/16/2013

I'm sorry, but, this is nonsense.

I worked my way thru college and I can tell you, even back then, almost 20 years ago, ALL retailers track returns.

Larger department stores have Loss Prevention Departments, and chronic returners are right up there with shoplifters and employee theft, in terms of what they cost the business.

As others have mentioned, and I posted it in Q Did What, there was a recent story about retailers and tracking returns. Chronic returners are in part, responsible for higher prices, much tighter return policies, and horrible annoyances, like return tags, that, if removed, the item cannot be returned.

Someone said a friend returned 4 boxes of items to QVC. I find that totally absurd!

Anyone can say, "if the quality was better, if the Host's didn't have such a hard sell, etc, etc, and some of that may be justified, but, the real question is, "If you are so unhappy with your shopping experience, at any company WHY, are you still shopping and returning?" There's a world of choice out there, why not use it, where you'll be happier?

QVC has a 30-day no questions asked return policy. I've never heard anyone say they did not honor that policy, that they were denied the right to return. All businesses have their return policies, I don't know of one of them, that also posts information that if they find you to be a chronic returner, they'll address that issue, but, like QVC, they will.

As for the check denial, were you someone who used check hold a lot, and then did not follow thru with purchasing? I have seen many people proudly posting how they used check hold to take up to 2 weeks to decide if they really want the item, then, they can convert to credit card, stll get the event price and take advantage of easy pay; suggesting other posters try it. That's a practice, that I think should totally be eliminated. You're pulling an item out of inventory for someone who might buy it immediately, and certainly, there should not be the option to use EP, that was not an option, when paying with a check.

momcat1376676838.286434 PostsRegistered 9/12/2010

I just read an article discussing this issue, and it stated that some storefronts are very lenient on returns, but others are not. As far as online and tv shopping, they are among the most forgiving on returns because they realize some customers need to touch the items to make up their minds. I'm not saying the OP is not coming clean about her number of returns, but the article made it sound like it was a very large number of returns, but gave no numbers. Like I've said before, if you are returning a lot of items to any retailer, you may want to rethink who you should be shopping with. I think I would know before receiving a letter. Something else I read that was interesting was that most returns are from younger people, mostly those in their 20's. Something about the immaturity of the mind concerning what they can really afford. I guess they have to get it home before it dawns on them they shouldn't have bought it(?) If that's true, retailers have their work cut out for them if they want to change the mindset concerning returns.

Let me know if you suddenly become interesting.

Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 4 ...6Next