Maxi Dresses
134 Members and 9331 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Pond’s Luminous Finish BB+ Cream review

Started 1375711944.637 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1377301695.23 by ednapsych

Pond’s Luminous Finish BB+ Cream review

Page 1 of 1
kate23571375712574.6731017 PostsRegistered 2/26/2012

Sounds like a good review...except the scent part....my skin is so sensitive to fragrance. BUT, if it smelled like ponds cold cream...that stuff did not make my face break out.

It would be interested in giving this a shot. The two colors doesn't worry me as I'm a fair to medium skin tone anyhoo.

PinkSugar1375724661.2220116 PostsRegistered 7/29/2006

I have six tubes of BB & CC crèmes from reviews. I guess you can find a good one for each of them. I am going to use these up before trying anymore, but would like to see a follow-up on Pond's if you try it.

Life is like a snowstorm...you'll meet a lot of flakes.

ednapsych1375733865.2431154 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I LOVE Pond's cold cream (cucumber scent) for taking off my face and eye makeup...it has totally replaced Purity in my bathroom and my wallet likes that too! So now they have a BB Cream!!! As you know, I am a diehard Lumene fan, but hey, I am going to give this one a try after you review it EvaP!! I read the review you tagged and it sounds good...let us know how you like it {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

NeetaLyn1375745774.2272677 PostsRegistered 7/27/2008Maryland
On 8/5/2013 ednapsych said:

I LOVE Pond's cold cream (cucumber scent) for taking off my face and eye makeup...it has totally replaced Purity in my bathroom and my wallet likes that too! So now they have a BB Cream!!! As you know, I am a diehard Lumene fan, but hey, I am going to give this one a try after you review it EvaP!! I read the review you tagged and it sounds good...let us know how you like it {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

OOOh Ednapsych - you're an enabler. Yet another one to try.....

50yo; combo. sensitive skin;minimal wrinkles but prone to some redness

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research - KNOW IT, FIGHT IT, END IT!

SAM OHIO1375747103.7467 PostsRegistered 8/15/2010
I received a Pur Minerals cc cream sample in my Birchbox. It is the worst leaves your skin all greasy. Yuck. I do like Avon's BB cream. No fragrance a plus and stays nice on the skin no oil slicks!

ccassaday1376095193.461532 PostsRegistered 4/18/2009

I just bought this tonight to wear on the weekends. Will give my thoughts after a couple of days. It has really good reviews on youtube.

ccassaday1376167398.1431532 PostsRegistered 4/18/2009

Wore this out to do errands today. I think I really love this for days you just want the minimal amount of makeup. I put this on a little concealer, blush a nyx eyeshadow stick and some mascara and out the door. Really impressed with how it evened out my skintone. Not full or even medium coverage but your skin will be evened out and look really nice.I had the garnier but it was just to heavy and oily in the humid weather. And I have dry skin. This is more of a tinted moisturizer that evens out you complexion.

resort gal1376175654.59342 PostsRegistered 8/4/2013

This may be a dumb question but could someone please tell me the difference between BB cream and CC cream. Thank you.

ccassaday1376176893.891532 PostsRegistered 4/18/2009
On 8/10/2013 resort gal said:

This may be a dumb question but could someone please tell me the difference between BB cream and CC cream. Thank you.

I think it is just a gimmick to get your money. CC creams are supposed to have color correcting properties but this bb does that.

Beauty$Jun­kie1376177637.98580 PostsRegistered 12/27/2008

For those that have tried it, where did you find it? I have not seen it in the Walgreen's or CVS near me. Thanks.

ccassaday1376177925.8231532 PostsRegistered 4/18/2009

I picked mine up at walmart I think for 9.95. I was gong to get the olay fresh effects cause I had a coupon but couldnt find it so picked up this.

mserie1376180174.647491 PostsRegistered 5/8/2013

Well, I have not tried the Ponds BB Cream but as one poster noted, Ponds Cold Cream is still one of the best products for a good start or alone for that matter in removing makeup.

Now most of you are younger than many of us. I'm 61 and have been removing my makeup with it since I was in my late twenties (got sensible about removing makeup before bedtime). Of course for TOTAL elimination of makeup at night, yes, you do want to cleanse with your favorite cleanser of choice AFTER using Ponds. Ponds will remove more than you think than just using your cleanser alone!! I don't care what Philosophy shows on those white towels after Purity!! There is still makeup enbedded in your skin.

Look at it this way: If it was good enough for my Great Grandmother (and remember, I am now 61), than its good enough for me. P.S. I use "unscented" baby wipes for removing the Ponds & makeup.

mserie1376180174.987491 PostsRegistered 5/8/2013

Well, I have not tried the Ponds BB Cream but as one poster noted, Ponds Cold Cream is still one of the best products for a good start or alone for that matter in removing makeup.

Now most of you are younger than many of us. I'm 61 and have been removing my makeup with it since I was in my late twenties (got sensible about removing makeup before bedtime). Of course for TOTAL elimination of makeup at night, yes, you do want to cleanse with your favorite cleanser of choice AFTER using Ponds. Ponds will remove more than you think than just using your cleanser alone!! I don't care what Philosophy shows on those white towels after Purity!! There is still makeup enbedded in your skin.

Look at it this way: If it was good enough for my Great Grandmother (and remember, I am now 61), than its good enough for me. P.S. I use "unscented" baby wipes for removing the Ponds & makeup.

Beauty$Jun­kie1376180890.577580 PostsRegistered 12/27/2008

I had seen a $2 off coupon on the Ponds sight that you can print off for this item, but I had not printed, because I had not seen the product where I shopped.

KatCat11376182352.915837 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011

After reading what ednapsych had to say about the Ponds cucumber, I have got to try it for an eye makeup remover. I still love my Intense Hydration facial wash. Regarding the BB cream. What I noticed is that the drugstore brands only give you 1 oz or 1.5 and high end gives you over 3 oz. so you are basically spending the same money. If I were younger I would give it a try but at my age I don't care for a luminous finish. Thanks for posting. Always good to hear about new products.

ccassaday1376182663.2371532 PostsRegistered 4/18/2009

I would say it isnt really a luminous finish but I put powder on. I havent noticed that about high end brands and the amount. The high end brands I have seen seem like very small tubes. But this ponds is just what I was looking for to wear on the weekends with little makeup or days I just dont want to put a lot on. The garnier as so blotchy by the end of the day and looked awful.

kate23571377275284.91017 PostsRegistered 2/26/2012

I bought the Pond's BB Luminous Finish and was not able to keep it on for more than a couple of hours. There is a scent, which I could not find listed, that irritated my skin. I thought I looked carefully for 'fragrance' which I didn't see prior to buying...but just now looking at the ingredients again, sure as heck...fragrance is listed...so my bad in even buying this product. Dang.

Product did go on smoothly and did even out my skin tone. Can't say it covered anything so the coverage is only like a tinted moisturizer...which would have been fine for me if only it didn't have the dang fragrance.

Purchased the medium, as I currently have a bit of a tan. I did not seem 'yellow' toned to me at all and it blended well w/ my skin.

As a side note, I did get a sample of the Tarte tinted moisturizer at Sephora. It had no scent...but wasn't in love w/ the look. I may need to go back and see about a Tarte CC if they have one.

ccassaday1377283110.7171532 PostsRegistered 4/18/2009

Sorry that the scent irritated your skin because it really is a nice product. I am wearing it today with just a milani all over powder blush. I was in a hurry this mornig. lol. I will defintly buy it again. I dont havea lot to cover so the coverage for me is fine. I love how it evened out my skin and looked so pretty. It is getting some great reviews on youtube.

kabella1377288260.6973681 PostsRegistered 1/30/2012
On 8/23/2013 ccassaday said:

Sorry that the scent irritated your skin because it really is a nice product. I am wearing it today with just a milani all over powder blush. I was in a hurry this mornig. lol. I will defintly buy it again. I dont havea lot to cover so the coverage for me is fine. I love how it evened out my skin and looked so pretty. It is getting some great reviews on youtube.

I'm glad your liking it ccassaday. I looked up a few reviews & they all said it was a very light floral scent. What scent do you smell? I wonder if it smells like the scent of my Grandmothers favorite which was Pond Dry Skin Cream, if so I love that scent. I am not sensitive to scents & I have tried highend & DS brands but haven't found anything I like as of yet.

I do wear light coverages of foundations etc. so this might be what I am looking for. I know it reads luminious but also heard when it sets, it dries down to a dewy finish. I have normal skin so I think maybe this BB+ would work well for dry/normal skin. I will try one, one more time lol. Thanks for the review!

Last edited on 8/23/2013

Last edited on 8/23/2013

kate23571377298784.581017 PostsRegistered 2/26/2012
On 8/23/2013 kabella said:
On 8/23/2013 ccassaday said:

I'm glad your liking it ccassaday. I looked up a few reviews & they all said it was a very light floral scent. What scent do you smell? I wonder if it smells like the scent of my Grandmothers favorite which was Pond Dry Skin Cream, if so I love that scent. I am not sensitive to scents & I have tried highend & DS brands but haven't found anything I like as of yet.

I do wear light coverages of foundations etc. so this might be what I am looking for. I know it reads luminious but also heard when it sets, it dries down to a dewy finish. I have normal skin so I think maybe this BB+ would work well for dry/normal skin. I will try one, one more time lol. Thanks for the review!

Last edited on 8/23/2013

I loved the smell of Ponds cold cream too. My mother still uses it and has fabulous skin. I did not inherit her skin (or her great legs for that matter).

The scent is very light...not sure I would say floral...and I didn't think it smelled like the ponds I remember.

I don't know why they need to put fragrance in product and then call in hypoallergenic. I can't be the only person who has sensitive skin. I get cystic acne whenever I use the wrong products...and I can tell in a very short period of time. This product didn't cost much...so I'm not out a lot of $.

I am very glad for places like Sephora that give out little samples and let you 'smell' and 'try'. That's going to save me $$$ and my skin.

ednapsych1377301695.231154 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 8/23/2013 kate2357 said:

I bought the Pond's BB Luminous Finish and was not able to keep it on for more than a couple of hours. There is a scent, which I could not find listed, that irritated my skin. I thought I looked carefully for 'fragrance' which I didn't see prior to buying...but just now looking at the ingredients again, sure as heck...fragrance is listed...so my bad in even buying this product. Dang.

Product did go on smoothly and did even out my skin tone. Can't say it covered anything so the coverage is only like a tinted moisturizer...which would have been fine for me if only it didn't have the dang fragrance.

Purchased the medium, as I currently have a bit of a tan. I did not seem 'yellow' toned to me at all and it blended well w/ my skin.

As a side note, I did get a sample of the Tarte tinted moisturizer at Sephora. It had no scent...but wasn't in love w/ the look. I may need to go back and see about a Tarte CC if they have one.

I tried it too kate2357....Target had little travel tubes of it so it was perfect for trying. I liked the scent . It went on nicely, really smooth, color was good, but, it didn't last more than 3 hrs. on my face!!! Just disappeared! Where did it go?? I will stick with my Lumene BB Cream.

Last edited on 8/23/2013

Last edited on 8/23/2013

Page 1 of 1