Guaranteed Delivery
38 Members and 17752 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

BeLissPro Curl Genius Professional Curl Machine

Started 1375224641.867 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1384050600.467 by salonoflife

Hi ladies--there has been some discussion on the boards about the Conair Curl Secret lately on the southern channel, and I just wanted to let you know that there is a similar machine on sale right now at Sally's, which is named in my thread title. It normally retails for 129.00, but is on sale for 99.99, according to the flyer I received today. It looks almost exactly like the Conair and the Babyliss PRO MiraCurl machine. Now I'm curious...

Here's a link. It shows the price at higher than what the Sally's ad I received today lists. Odd.

Page 1 of 1
Ladyjenn1375226243.3632233 PostsRegistered 10/27/2010Northern CA

I'm waiting for reviews! Curious too!

Momma to 2 Dachshunds and 1 Bernese Mountain Dog!
45 yrs old, Northern CA
Ladyjenn

gazelle771375226853.5810026 PostsRegistered 3/1/2013
I had my hair cut today and the stylist who did my hair used the babyliss pro on me! It curled my hair nicely! It just sucked my hair up, curled it and released it. They were selling it for $199. I think it took a long time to curl my hair with it. Longer than just using a curling iron. It also is rather cumbersome . Do not think I would by one. Last edited on 7/30/2013 Last edited on 7/30/2013

Last edited on 7/30/2013

~~Always remember--
You're braver than you believe
And stronger than you seem
And smarter than you think~
~Pooh

BRANDONLEE1375284366.441155 PostsRegistered 12/30/2007

Well they have a similar one on the other channel and the reviews were really bad,i guess most women said it that their hair would get stuck,one woman actually had to cut some of her hair because the machine wouldn't let her hair release.Maybe it's the brand Conair idk.I just left Sally's and talked to the girl about this gadget which they will be receiving tomorrow and it's first come first serve they are limited.Maybe this one is better different brand who knows.But i would love to try it just don't want to lose any hair

lyn in MI1375285948.71724655 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan
BRANDONLEE - Since BeLissPro is a trademark owned by the Conair Corporation, my thoughts are that they are (basically) the same product.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

Lexy Laure­nn1375287402.533485 PostsRegistered 6/28/2013

I just ordered the Conair device for 79.99 with the 20% off coupon from Ulta. Can't wait to try it...........I sent the Beach Waver back to QVC because it took too long and was not good for thick hair - and I have a nasty burn on my arm from it............I have high hopes for the Conair product, but I'm aware it may take some time to get my entire head of hair to curl!

SalonMohVi1375566609.3571 PostsRegistered 8/3/2013

All,

We're interested to hear your reviews of the BeLissPro Curl Genius! We purchased the BabyLiss MiraCurl about two months ago and LOVE it! We have used it for prom updo's as well as wedding updo's and it works VERY well! It is quick and it creates beautiful curls.

I would not recommend using one of the stylers until you have been trained by your professional hair stylist how to do it. If the styler is not placed toward your head in the proper manner, hair tangling could occur.

If curling your hair is a big task now, the styler may help . . . but, it may be better just to ask your professional stylist to do the work for you. That way you can relax while you watch him / her create your beautiful style!

PS -- please make sure that your stylist has tried the product out and understands how to use it -- preferably on a mannequin prior to working with your hair!

Mary Bailey1375566957.9377531 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Bedford Falls in It's A Wonderful Life

The reviews at hsn are not good. 29-1star reviews, 15 5star reviews.

A lot of tangle issues, but I don't think they mentioned how long their hair is.

I really wanted it. Now I'm not so sure.

Through the years
We all will be together,
If the Fates allow
Hang a shining star upon the highest bough.
And have yourself A merry little Christmas now.

RhondaHonda1378046799.1833 PostsRegistered 9/1/2013
I purchased mine at Sally's for only $80 by using my Sally's 20% off coupon and was SO excited to try it. I read ALL instructions carefully. Was stoked to give it a whirl today. I had so many tangled and locked up locks that I at times feared I wouldn't get the hair out, wondering if the next step would be scissors! When it worked (rarely) it was great. I think I'll finish my hair this morning with the curling iron. The process has taken so long and I've only made it thru 1/4 of my head of hair. I PLAN TO RETURN THIS TODAY! Last edited on 9/1/2013

Last edited on 9/1/2013

RhondaHonda1378046838.1573 PostsRegistered 9/1/2013
I just had my hair cut and will need to go back to remove damage from this item! Last edited on 9/1/2013

Last edited on 9/1/2013

RhondaHonda1378658394.1533 PostsRegistered 9/1/2013
Well I didn't take it back! Decided 2 try again after all the ppl saying they loved it! I've been using over 2 hrs 2day thx to learning curve! I've learned things this time that I've not seen in any videos on YouTube! Perhaps I'll do a video once I've gotten past all the issues- which are getting less and less. Looking forward to next time; it may only take 60 minutes. Like I stated I read all instructions and watched several videos but nowhere did I learn it is crucial to place hair INTO UNIT'S BIG SIDE. I knew the opening needed to be toward head, but I was originally sliding hair into flapper side causing hair to get caught lots! Nor did I read or see it's best that handle should point toward floor for consistency in twist direction at root. Plus, if like me ur hair is hard to curl, allow unit to stay longer after 4 quick warning beeps. I actually wait until I hear the long warning beep and find my hair then curls better! Be sure to schedule an appointment w/ur hair stylist during learning phase! I do have hair past shoulder. Shorter areas are def rbagley@cox.net ! The more I use it the more I learn and love unit! I'm a perfectionist so that's why I started over, takingalmost 3 hers. Last edited on 9/8/2013

Last edited on 9/8/2013

Lexy Laure­nn1378659579.82485 PostsRegistered 6/28/2013

I was in Sallys the other day and saw this device. It looks EXACTLY like my Conair device and it was on sale for the 99 dollars as you stated.

For those of you considering this product, I have the Conair version and it is VERY easy to use and the curl I get is awesome and holds! I paid 79.99 at ULTA with free shipping. It's priced at 99 at Ulta, but they had the 20% off.

For those of you ladies who are on the fence about this product, I say go for it! You will not be disappointed!

JanPA1380754538.5071 PostsRegistered 10/2/2013

I just bought this. I love it! I have long hair, mid back length. In 20 minutes I did half my head. It is not hard to use at all and I experienced no tangling at all. I did let my hair stay in it until the warning beeped since my hair is very hard to curl. I am glad I ran out to buy one because usually it takes me an hour or longer to get the same results.

salonoflife1384050600.1071 PostsRegistered 11/9/2013

The tools are all versions of Conair. They are each a little different for professional to consumer. They all work great. It cuts your curl time down alot. I recommend that you ask a stylist to show you how to use the tool. Most people that are getting it stuck in their head are not using the tool right. It is very important that you face the curl chamber towards the head and put the hair in the curl chamber. The hair must be tangle free and dry. Only use 1 to 1 1/2 in pieces. If you use the tool right it is very rare that it will get caught. If it does it is because you did not make sure it was tangle free or put in the proper place. Trust me I use it everyday! Love it! If you do get your hair stuck in the curl chamber turn it off and gently unwind the hair back and forth while tugging it gently to remove. Another thing when you are done curling open the tool and drop the curl out, do not pull the tool down to release the curl. Open it and tilt it so the curl drops out Good Luck!

Page 1 of 1