TSV(R) Preview
15 Members and 13357 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

New Mally Mousse Foundation Rave!!

Started 1373471710.577 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1373592470.093 by fireflygirl

Arrived today and put it on over my sunscreen. Worked just like she demonstrated on her show, spray a little on the back of your hand and apply with brush. Blended very easily, matched my skintone (I ordered Light) and gives a medium cover with a slight satin finish but your skin truly feels like you have nothing on! First product I have ever ordered from Mally and I am impressed. Have many foundation/BBs and I am very choosey about what I use but this is definitely different. Really is incredibly lightweight but gives better cover that a BB or a tinted moisturizer.

Page 1 of 1
Lanikins1373472034.8331546 PostsRegistered 6/13/2009

I'm so glad that you like it. Mine is on its way and I can't wait to try it! Thanks for the review.

bunnypink1373472602.311467 PostsRegistered 4/14/2008

Thanks for the review!

Do you think this would be ok for acne prone skin?

virgosun1373473066.1331907 PostsRegistered 5/22/2012

I think it would be fine. It's not oily or greasy and is definitely weightless. It does give a nice coverage but if you have severe acne you might want a heavier foundation. But for someone with the occasional breakout it would be fine.

bunnypink1373473257.3171467 PostsRegistered 4/14/2008

Ok, thanks virgosun! The before/after pic looks amazing on the product page! But it does look like she has blush on.

Lanikins1373473665.311546 PostsRegistered 6/13/2009

I just checked the reviews for this product and they are all outstanding! I am really excited to try this.

Last edited on 7/10/2013

Last edited on 7/10/2013

virgosun1373485174.871907 PostsRegistered 5/22/2012

Just came back from my gym where I worked up a sweat and this foundation looks as good as when I first put it on today! Wow!

sashamatth­ews1373485539.791627 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I agree - I bought Fair and it's a rave! I love the application process. Very smooth.

love BE1373485668.0071150 PostsRegistered 8/20/2007SD

I have been waiting for reviews on this to go ahead and buy it. So glad the reviews are good! How is the brush quality?

k9pia1373487201.6571391 PostsRegistered 12/13/2007

I'm going to have to try it again. I wasn't happy with it this morning.

I ordered Light, and used it over Laura Geller's Spackle. (Primer, should be primer).

It seemed to pool into my pores, you know - look like light dots. I used some IT powder foundation over, that Celebration? one. (I really like that). Seemed to take away the "dotty" look. The brush was really nice though. One more try tomorrow morning, but I really wasn't impressed. I mean, I was with the shake it, and spray on your hand - WAS very light and airy feeling. I won't keep it, if it settles in my pores though. I hate that look.

Pets are blessings in fur.

howwhatwhen1373487853.3173042 PostsRegistered 9/6/2007

I ordered the tan and it is too orange/red for me so it's a definite return however I did use it to get a feel for the product. It is really light weight and blurs imperfections however it does not completely cover them. It really does feel like nothing on your face. My one issue is the micro fine shimmer particles. They are not noticeable on the back of my hand nor are they visable on my face when looking into a regular mirror however when standing in natural light via a window and looking into a 18x magnifying mirror (yes, I'm brave) the particles can be seen. I usually avoid shimmer in foundation since I have an oily t-zone and adding shimmer just makes it appear worse (disco ball effect). So this is a pass/return, not so much for the shimmer because I could do other things to counter the shimmer but the tan color is sooo off and the medium would be too light. Mally really should add additional foundation colors to her line, 5 shades is not enough. JMO

Oh and I had to wash my face twice to remove the shimmer. The first wash removed the color yet left way too much shimmer behind, second wash removed most of the remaining shimmer except for the ones under my eyes and the ones that attached themselves to my eye brows, lol. I just left them there, I didn't want to wash/rub to much under my eyes (delicate area). They'll eventually come off, lol

dbe1373488143.283106 PostsRegistered 7/19/2011
Does this one have more yellow undertones like most of her foundations? TIA

virgosun1373489834.881907 PostsRegistered 5/22/2012

I like the brush very much. It allows you to really blend and buff the foundation for a smooth look. It's very similar to the brush for SKINN's plasma foundation. I did not find this to settle into my pores or fine lines. I used a small amount on each area of my face and buffed it in. Also I do not find anything glittery about the foundation. It gives an air brushed look with a slightly matte to slightly satin finish at least on my skin but no glitter or shine. I used it over my sunscreen not over a primer. I don't use primer, a step I've never seemed to need.

hyacinth0031373490661.2976630 PostsRegistered 11/8/2005
On 7/10/2013 sashamatthews said:

I agree - I bought Fair and it's a rave! I love the application process. Very smooth.

I would have to go with the lightest shade too.

Is it yellow based? Can't do that!!

Thanks,

Hyacinth

sahmIam1373494820.9971178 PostsRegistered 9/25/2005

I bought the Fair and have pink undertones. This has a slight yellow cast but blends out to a neutral tone. Sadly, it's a tad too dark so it will ONLY work for my "summer look".

All that said: this goes on beautifully and looks just wonderful on. It feels like you have NOTHING on your skin and wears well. I've tried all her foundations in Fair and this is the FIRST one that did not have that orange look nor is uber dark. She almost hit it on the mark. Other than the color, this is an AMAZING foundation. The brush is great also.

chocolatee­er1373500922.643143 PostsRegistered 1/19/2008

Shimmer? Well that wont work for me at all.... for the ladies who ordered the fair... does it have any sparkles what so ever??

howwhatwhen1373501469.163042 PostsRegistered 9/6/2007
On 7/10/2013 chocolateeer said:

Shimmer? Well that wont work for me at all.... for the ladies who ordered the fair... does it have any sparkles what so ever??

Chocolateeer, it isn't noticable when looking at yourself in a mirror however I don't know about in direct sunlight since I did not walk outside to test it. Try it you may be ok with it. Here is a bit of information I found when trying to determine which ingredient was causing the shimmer...it's MICA,

Mica, has been a part of the cosmetic world for literally thousands of years. It is found in many parts of the world in all sorts of places, and is mined not only for cosmetic purposes, but for windows and electronics as well. Mica has a shimmering, glittery appearance that stays when you grind it up. This gives the powder a steady natural glow, and when used in cosmetics, will bring a sleek shimmer to any pigment.

I don't mind mica in my eyeshadow and blush but I don't want to had shimmer in any form to my t-zone.

teeko1373507027.953159 PostsRegistered 4/23/2007
Do I have a defective can? Although I shake and shake it, the foundation comes out runny; not at all like the Maybelline mousse although the cans are very similar.

lyla861373507173.27231 PostsRegistered 9/25/2011
If I use self tanner a lot and can use tarte's Amazonian clay in tan does anyone think I could pick up this foundation in tan?

virgosun1373508835.9331907 PostsRegistered 5/22/2012

Mentioned this already but I wore this all day today and saw no shimmer, and I am someone who has thrown products out or given them away when they turn out to have shimmer. I only like a soft shimmer in a blush ( like Benefit's Sugarbomb) but not in a foundation. Just my experience with this foundation today. I really am impressed with it.

sahmIam1373582357.361178 PostsRegistered 9/25/2005
On 7/10/2013 sahmIam said:

I bought the Fair and have pink undertones. This has a slight yellow cast but blends out to a neutral tone. Sadly, it's a tad too dark so it will ONLY work for my "summer look".

All that said: this goes on beautifully and looks just wonderful on. It feels like you have NOTHING on your skin and wears well. I've tried all her foundations in Fair and this is the FIRST one that did not have that orange look nor is uber dark. She almost hit it on the mark. Other than the color, this is an AMAZING foundation. The brush is great also.

Well, I sent mine back. Despite not seeing any shimmer as was mentioned, there IS and enough that 2 of my boys asked why I was wearing "glitter" on my face. The fact that my boys even SAID that made me wonder. I don't see it in the mirror. So I took some, spread it on the back of my hand and looked at it in different angles. Lo and behold, I THEN saw what they saw. It's VERY VERY FINE but it's there.

Funny thing: I washed it off and noticed that there WAS a layer of glitter left behind. Checked my sponge (didn't use her brush) and yes, it was sparkly. NOW I understand what the poster meant about having to wash twice.

I don't do shine, not on my face or lips and rarely on my eyes. So, that was that : (

Last edited on 7/11/2013

Last edited on 7/11/2013

howwhatwhen1373583413.143042 PostsRegistered 9/6/2007
On 7/11/2013 sahmIam said:
On 7/10/2013 sahmIam said:

Well, I sent mine back. Despite now seeing any shimmer as was mentioned, there IS and enough that 2 of my boys asked why I was wearing "glitter" on my face. The fact that my boys even SAID that made me wonder. I don't see it in the mirror. So I took some, spread it on the back of my hand and looked at it in different angles. Lo and behold, I THEN saw what they saw. It's VERY VERY FINE but it's there.

Funny thing: I washed it off and noticed that there WAS a layer of glitter left behind. Checked my sponge (didn't use her brush) and yes, it was sparkly. NOW I understand what the poster meant about having to wash twice.

I don't do shine, not on my face or lips and rarely on my eyes. So, that was that : (

Hi SahmIam, I'm glad to know that I'm not seeing things or need new glasses, lol

I have a a product by PUR Minerals called Balancing Act it is a shine control powder and the very first ingredient is mica however I do not see shimmer on my face at all not even in my 18x magnifying mirror in direct sunlight. So I do not know what ingredient is the causing the shimmer in Mally's mousse foundation, maybe it depends on how fine the mica is ground/milled, I really don't know, maybe someone else will chime in with a better explanation. There are some truly knowledgable posters on this forum.

sahmIam1373584204.6931178 PostsRegistered 9/25/2005

Howwhatwhen, I'm not sure either. Trish McEvoys Treatment foundation costs $75 and leaves the same beautiful finish but with NO mica... I was hoping that Mally's would be a cheaper way of getting the same look, lol.

Southern F­ried Chick1373584669.5637176 PostsRegistered 11/17/2007

Good for you for finding a foundation you can rave about and have the correct shade. I'm happy for you.

BambiGirlB­eauty1373584850.21562 PostsRegistered 5/17/2007TENNESSEE

ooooo i really want to try this!

"Whoever said orange is the new pink was seriously disturbed."

fireflygirl1373592470.093953 PostsRegistered 7/11/2007Midwest

I am also not liking the shimmer in this foundation. I nootice it when in very bright lighting or in the sun. it also settles in the pores on each side of my nose. The light dots like the other person mentioned. This is going back. Thinking I will try one of Mally's other foundations.

"Never trade what you want right now for what you really want."
JRR Tolkein

Page 1 of 1