Boot Boutique
9 Members and 10175 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

March X1 - 50+ Ladies Come and Chat

Started 1268866304.467 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1410969198.093 by viva923

Our two previous threads have locked up for some reason.  Once again, come and chat about things that are important to us at this time in our lives.  Come and share your thoughts about beauty,work, family and anything else that comes to mind.  We are a a very friendly group.  

Page 789 of 789
viva9231410023985.3376790 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello all,

well dh and I have been banned from the grandkids. oh well, nothing we can do.

dh cleaned the back side of the house, washed it down and scrubbed it. he will do the front side tomorrow when sun goes to back side of the house.

that is about all for now, later guys.

viva9231410114531.2476790 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

Hello today,

not to much going on. We washed the front side of the house today.

Is a beautiful day today. windows are open once again.

OK guys that is it.

Chicken pot pie for dinner (9x13 pan worth). Making a biscuit topping this time around.

OK that is it for now, later guys.

viva9231410192527.1776790 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello today,

the new recipe DH and I made for dinner last night (chicken pot pie) wasn't the best. Very bland recipe.

very overcast and kind of humid but nothing to drastic. house is still opened up.

OK guys that is it, did my Monday chores. later all.

viva9231410209649.856790 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

I know not many come for a visit here.

why do some people have a nastiness towards other people all the time.

just a question, don't want to say more than this

it is not on this site

catwhisper­er1410227551.1033246 PostsRegistered 12/4/2009So.CA

Viva .....I posted to you on the other thread you started, but don't know if you saw it. In my opinion, I think your DD and SIL take advantage of you and your DH regarding babysitting. Then they are not letting you see your grandchildren if you don't do as they ask. They are not taking into consideration your age and health issues and only thinking about themselves. Very sad situation. Good luck and I truly wish you the best. I hope it works out. Sorry to offend anyone else with my intrusion on this thread.

viva9231410275904.1376790 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello today,

Cat, did see your post on the O/T thread. Many posters gave me a way to go.

When DH comes home tonight from work, he is going to try to contact DD. She is close to DH. I hope he can smooth out the wrinkles. Still not sure about the 20th if we should go, depends on what dh says and how his talking with her tonight.

We (DH and I babysit so much for DD, sometimes days at a time) try so hard to help her out because her husband (new job position) is now traveling for days at a time. I probably did not handle this whole mess correctly. I was just getting so tired of DH being expected to stay till whatever time DD comes home from work. But when, she said possiblely 2am to 3am, I lost it. DD is aware of her dad medical problems. We are no longer teenagers, and we need more rest, especially DH because of his job and medical needs. I knew DH was getting tired, I could hear it in his voice when I talked with him at 11pm.

Will wait and see just what happens tonight, DD is close to her dad.

I was not aiming at anyone, with my last post, just venting.

viva9231410276072.486790 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

Hello guys,

all is quiet here, last load of laundry is in dryer. cool but humid today.

sheet day here.

well that is about all for now, later guys.

viva9231410310066.5336790 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

there is good news here. My DD called me up tonight and we talked. As usual words were said and when said you can't take them back.

at least we are on speaking terms. don't want to push any further.. I am glad we are on at least speaking terms and take 1 day at a time.

OK thanks for all your support. later guys.

Glass Lady­ K1410312658.8033918 PostsRegistered 11/21/2006Northern California

Viva, all I can say is RELATIVES!!!! I hear you. They sure can take advantage of you. Hang in there.

loves, nice to see you. I'm glad you get some time, at least, to post here. I hope you're doing well.

Dinnertime.....

When they run you out of town, get out front and make it look like a parade.

Success in life depends on how you handle plan B. Anybody can handle plan A.
Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how you dance in the rain.

Hayfield1410347812.7135137 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008

Good Morning! My mini trips to NYC & Ocean City, MD were a lot of fun. My dear friend and I stayed on the Upper West Side this time, I got a great deal on a hotel. I've never stayed in the same hotel twice yet, I go on those sites for great deals and just try to get the best price. We went to some of the places where "You Got Mailed" was filmed, saw "A Gentleman's Guide to Love & Murder", a Tony winning musical, very funny, then met DS for dinner and breakfast the next day. He has a new job and got to see his office, he also recently moved, but haven't seen his new apartment yet. He's been really busy. I worked on Monday and was playing "catch up" yesterday with laundry, mail, some cleaning.

Viva--I was sorry to hear about your problems with DD but glad you're talking. If her husband started a new job and is travelling a lot, it's very stressful for her with her job too and I'm sure it's a hard adjustment to their life and who do our children depend on, "Mom & Dad", we want to help but sometimes it causes us stress. I understand your need to just vent sometimes. Dads and their "little girls" do have a special bond. I know my DH and daughter do. Sometimes if I want to know something about DD, I'll have DH ask her, she so much more receptive to him. It's just the way it is and I accept that. DS and I have a better relationship than my DH has with him, again, it's just the way it is. It's all good and we all get along, it's just a personality thing sometimes.

Lovestoteach--I know you must be crazy busy with school but we're thinking about you!

GlassLadyK--The job at the mansion sounds wonderful, I do hope you get it!

viva9231410372242.786790 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello today,

Hay, it the same here. I am closer to my son then daughter, dh is much closer to dd then me. He broke the ice and the 2 talked on the phone last night. I was not allowed in the room while they talked, I really didn't want to know what was said, I just wanted the riff to end.

We just can't do the sitting like we use too. I am not sure who DD will get to help out. Son in law is traveling more and more each week, tomorrow he will be in your neck of the woods Hay. He is interviewing new canidates for a job position in that area for his company. I know for a fact, I would not want to be interviewed by son in law, he is very, very intimidating. He know his stuff inside/out.

DD said that he may have to travel to Tenn. in the next 6 weeks, again for a position in son in law's company. I do not know what his company does but I know they are a very, very,very huge IT company. I just press the button and my computer better work, that is about all I know.

closed up a few minutes ago, getting very warm/humid outside.

OK guys that is it for now, later all.

Hayfield1410433702.2175137 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008

Good Morning! I'm working today, so everyone, make it a good one!

Viva--If you SIL works in IT, he has a good job and if he has to travel alot and your DD job is demanding then they need to find alternative child care and pay for it. I worked part time when I was raising my two children and we did not live near family, I got good child care and I paid for it. You and your DH can only do so much, you're not 30 years old anymore and need your rest and take of yourself. I'm sure you and your DH love your grandchildren more than anything and would do anything for them but everyone has their limits and your DD needs to understand that.

viva9231410447542.526790 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello all,

HAY love that thought about DD but it is the son in law, he is penny pinching tightwad. he even checks to see if DD has driven the toll road to often. He is nice to daughter and kids but he is a super tightwad. This is my DD 2nd marriage, that is why dd works, so she can have some money on her own. I know he makes a darn good salary, all he thinks about is how he can make more money. His dad was just like this from what I have been told. his dad is still living but has some very serious health problems (heart-many surgeries). SIL dad isn't as much of a "go-getter" as he once was. But I have been told that SIL and his dad are 2 peas in a pod.

The job DD works at is awful. DD has been with this place for 16 years or so and she is treated like dirt. DD is the last of the help that was picked up with 2 companies merged (1 large company gobbling up smaller company). They want DD gone because the mega giant company wants to hire someone who works for peanuts. DD sometimes works for 70 hours a week and is only paid for 40 hours. She has already been told, that she should live and breathe, and live at work. She should be married to her work. She won't do this, so they just keep squeezing. She is looking for a new job, but it is very difficult in our area in her niche line, she is over or under qualified.

OK guys, that is it for now, later all.

Glass Lady­ K1410493688.483918 PostsRegistered 11/21/2006Northern California

Hi all.

Happy Thursday. This morning was lazy for me but I worked hard this afternoon. They come for the green waste tomorrow. I needed to fill up the bins. I figure I rent them and I might as well fill them up.

Bad news yesterday. I talked to one of the appraisers from "Antiques Road Show". I wanted an appraisals for my 125 year old doll. When I bought her, I was told she was a Jumeau. (French doll). I took pictures and sent them to the appraiser. He told me she wasn't a Jumeau, and she probably wasn't worth what I paid for her. I guess I'll just keep her and enjoy her. She's beautiful anyhow. Her name is Janinne.

Hayfield, it sounds like you had a great time in NY. I wish I could go back again. I've had two trips there and had a great time.

viva9231410538724.8636790 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello all,

Glass, that is a huge letdown to find out your doll is not what it was portrayed to be. Is there anyway to contact seller to let she/he know what they sold you was not what it was portrayed to be. Just a thought.

DH was called into work about midnight, problems getting one of the pieces of equipment up and running. I went to bed, I didn't expect him to be home because this equipment can kick behinds and had dh brain fried this week fixing problems while it was down for maintenance.

I woke up with him crawling in bed, scared me I begin screaming. when I realized it was dh, I fell back to sleep.

that is about all for today.

house it opened up, just beautiful and comfortable. Later guys.

Glass Lady­ K1410583642.683918 PostsRegistered 11/21/2006Northern California

viva, I can't go back to the seller of the doll. I purchased her over 30 years ago. *sigh*. But she's a beautiful doll. I'll just keep her and love her anyhow.

Wow! That must have been frightening to have DH coming to bed like that. Was he trying not to wake you. I had a similar thing happen years ago. 2nd DH had a beard the whole time we were married. (35 years). One night he shaved off his beard. (He worked nights) He always gave me a kiss when he got home. When someone clean shaven face kissed me, I started screaming too.

viva9231410638009.176790 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello all today, it is wet and damp today

got a bunch of stuff done inside today, cleaning out cubby holes full of junk,

began raining heavily about 4 hours ago, still raining but less now, ok guys that is it for now, later all.

viva9231410724845.326790 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hey all,

did I purge today. I have tossed more garbage than garbage bags, but I got a bunch of garbage done before winter.

beautiful outside, house is opened up,

ok guys later.

Hayfield1410778979.0935137 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008

Good Morning! Our weekend was good, just hung around the house, getting little jobs done. I'm working today, so have a great day everyone!

GlassLadyK--Sorry about your doll not being worth what you thought. My mother bought my daughter a couple of porcelain dolls but I know they weren't the expensive, collectable kind. I have them all packed up in the closet somewhere.

Viva--It's nice to "purge" those cubby holes and places where you put something "that you might need later", well, I usually forget I have the stuff and it piles up so much you forget you have the stuff. Oh, I did keep every invoice from when my two children were in college, I have them each together in a folder. Someday, when I'm gone, I hope my children find them. Maybe then they'll appreciate all the sacrifices my DH and I made to see that they were educated. It boggles my mind to think how much money we spent on their educations. Well, at least they both have jobs!

viva9231410796820.686790 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello all,

not much today, did a bit more purging today, nothing to major. did get rid of girls winter coats (for grandgirls). pee wee is a boy and he would look awfully silly in a pink girls coat.

did my normal Monday clean, wash is doing its thing. that is about all for now, later guys.

viva9231410881064.2676790 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

Hello today,

not much today, lawn cutting is going on around the house, oh my gosh, allergies are bad today.

not much else going on. did my sheets today. last load is in the dryer.

OK guys later.

Hayfield1410954613.8275137 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008

Good Morning! The weather has been great and I'm enjoying. I worked Monday and I had my personal training session yesterday. Today, I'm going to the gym, then run some errands. It's mani/pedi day! Yeah! Have a good day!

viva9231410969198.0176790 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello today,

oh my gosh, have no idea what happened. sitting at computer desk , it felt like a nail was poking my eye. I didn't see any flying object, got out my magnify mirror to see if I could see anything, got q-tips to clean the inside of my eye. put dry eye drops into my eye. that seems to have calmed things down. I didn't see anything flying around, so don't know if it was a micro bug that flew into my eye

weather is delightful.

later all.

Page 789 of 789