Dooney Days
124 Members and 16484 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

March X1 - 50+ Ladies Come and Chat

Started 1268866304.467 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1412053286.4 by Glass Lady K

Our two previous threads have locked up for some reason.  Once again, come and chat about things that are important to us at this time in our lives.  Come and share your thoughts about beauty,work, family and anything else that comes to mind.  We are a a very friendly group.  

Page 790 of 790
Puddles1411057834.1812266 PostsRegistered 2/19/2006South Coast of England

Hi viva & Hayfield! I drop by here to say hello maybe twice a year, but if you look back even Katherine hasn't posted here since May. You can always leave a post to let everyone know to come over to the Sidewalk Café thread. All threads of any length are going to be deleted after the first of the year anyway.

Just my thoughts!

"When things go wrong, don't go with them.” ― Elvis Presley
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.― Winnie the Pooh
A little consideration, a little thought for others makes all the difference.― Eeyore

Glass Lady­ K1411081077.913965 PostsRegistered 11/21/2006Northern California

RAIN!!!!!

Halleluiah!

We've gotten 1/2 inch in the last two days. It's so parched and dry. I've been so looking forward to this. Everybodies lawns are dried up. California has been so dry for three years. I sure hope we get a nice wet winter. We're supposed to get more rain next week too.

We started picking our Asian pears a couple of days ago. They've never been this tasty. They are so sweet. We must have picked 150 lbs. We took a big box to the Food for People outlet. It weighed 48 lbs. We're just glad to be able to share with people who can't afford food. We probably have at least as much left on the tree.

We cleaned house today. I was just going to sweep the kitchen floor but Paul was out there with the vacuum, so I decided, with help, it would be a lot faster. Yay! A clean house.

When they run you out of town, get out front and make it look like a parade.

Success in life depends on how you handle plan B. Anybody can handle plan A.
Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how you dance in the rain.

viva9231411141212.5377002 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello all,

has been a super busy day for me. did house chores. going for a facial this pm with my dd. have not had a facial for years.

ok guys that is it. later.

lovestotea­ch1411221608.26315232 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx

Hi, girlfriends!

We have made the decision that I will retire at the end of this semester (Dec). I am relieved and thrilled! Call me a happy camper!

Lovestoteach~ ~ ♥ ♥♥

viva9231411273809.527002 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

Hello all,

that is good news to hear. DH is still working, he is the age to retire fully but he is continuing to work full time, he enjoys his work and he just doesn't want to slow down. He said when is ready to retire, he will but he is going to keep going.

busy day here. dd had a food tasting party. I guess it was called tastely full simple party. I was given a ride home. DH took one grand daughter to a b-day party here in town. went to church tonight, then went to walmart and got me some new lightwgt blankets for winter.

OK guys that is all for now.

viva9231411409854.2437002 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello all,

DD just gave me some OH NO news. Her boyfriend of many,many,many years ago is moving back to this area, no only to this area but into my development. UGH!!!1 I never like the guy. I hope he stays on the other side of development so I don't have to run into him. He use to be this clean cut kid he was a heavy smoker way back then. He has had 5 heart attacks, he still smokes to this day, weighs in at about 300-350, and look exactly like the duck dynasty characters, has been married 3 times.

did my clean today, have a small load of laundry to fold. OK guys that is it for now, later all.

Glass Lady­ K1411453663.063965 PostsRegistered 11/21/2006Northern California

Hi viva. That guy sounds awful. But you should see the " Duck Dynasty" guys before they got the TV program

I made Asian pear butter last night and this morning. I made it just lie I made the apple butter. It tastes great. I'm becoming the canning queen.

I need to get to bed. I'm tired tonight.

viva9231411501030.8437002 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello glass,

have been told that our thread will be shut down at end of year. I would like to continue with the thread. Do you want to continue too??? I still go to The sidewalk café daily too.

what are you up for??? Maybe we are the only 2 people who come here.

I will start a new thread come end of year if you want.

OK later.

lovestotea­ch1411504513.48715232 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx

I would like to keep coming to the thread... I will be retired by then, you know!

Lovestoteach~ ~ ♥ ♥♥

viva9231411519091.1237002 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

I like coming to this thread, every now/then we get a check in.

How do you start a new thread anyway?????

Just a dumb question for the day. Anyway, that is all tonight. Later guys

Glass Lady­ K1411533861.473965 PostsRegistered 11/21/2006Northern California

viva, I'm up for a new thread, no problem. They can't run us out like that.

Glass

viva9231411575127.2137002 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

OK GUYS, ANYONE KNOW HOW TO START OVER A NEW THREAD, JUST BEGIN A NEW THREAD LIKE ASKING A QUESTION????

OH boy what a miserable morn I had. I did get my new washer, all hooked up. began a wash load and darn it, the town I live in cut off the water to my whole development. a new water meter has to be installed. the notice we got was, it would be done 9-11am, town cut us dry at 11am, I had 1/2 load of clothes washed.

my dd called me up today in massive tears, she quit her job (gave her 2 week notice) she couldn't take the bully of a boss any longer. she just had her review, she got a 1 star. That is pretty much an invite to please quit or we will fire you. she walked in and did it, she worked for this company 13 years, not 16 like I thought. she worked darn hard, put in 70 hour work week, neglected her kids weekly. she told her husband and he said I AM SPITTING PRUNE PITS on what he told her. It was pretty much, you had better find a job today, we need the money, yet he is making $2-3 grand a week. He does a whole lot of traveling for the company he works for. He wants dd home with the kids and making lots of money. you can't have it both ways. am just sick over this son in law and his cold callous way he is treating my daughter.

ok that is it for today. later guys.

Glass Lady­ K1411607149.6173965 PostsRegistered 11/21/2006Northern California

viva, sorry about the problems you're having with the SIL. He does make good money. She shouldn't have to work.

I think I know how to start a new thread. I'll look into it and see. We should call it at least close to what the name is now for the people who have been away for awhile, maybe, "March1-50+ Ladies Come and Chat-#3". This would be the third version. That way some people may be able to find their way back.

viva9231411609543.2437002 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

OK Glass go ahead and get the new thread started. not sure when most of these long threads will be erased, have heard most will be gone by end of year.

DD and hubby (he is on the road again) had a long talk. Son in law talked with his boss and someone explained to son in law, this will work to son in law advantage. He now can travel freely all over the world (mostly US), and mommy will be at home watching the kids. Less spent on day care. Son in law finally saw the light and he is almost glad to this fact, that it will be less concern for him when he knows mommy will be with the kids and not worrying about who is getting the kids today.

DD is looking for part time work to bring in some money. hopefully she will find something. the bully boss just killed her inside, she wasn't sleeping, eating. She just reached the end of her rope.

OK guys later.

viva9231411677942.7037002 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello all,

been a bad day for me, had a flare which kept me in house today. it was cold, wet, raining heavy all day. got over 2 inches of rain since last night. we needed the drink of water for the earth here.

DD is still at peace with her decision. She is applying for jobs. A head hunter called her last night, while grandpa and I were visiting last night. She slept like a baby last night. She is scared to death because this bully boss killed her inside which she knows she is not like this and she is not a stupid you know what.. this is what that darn boss would call her all the time. You don't know what I wish for that darn boss man, it is not nice nor right.

OK that is about all for now, later guys.

Hayfield1411728374.1935294 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008

Good Morning! I'm off today and the weekend and I have a friend coming from PA. We're going to the Old Town Alexandria Historic House Tour tomorrow. The weather is going to be good and I'm looking forward to it.

GlassLadyK--Glad you got some rain! It rained here yesterday and we needed it too!

Viva--I'm happy that your DD has quit her job! Good for her! It's hard to work for someone like her boss. Working today while raising a family is stressful, espcially since her husband has a job that requires a lot of travel. I only worked part time when my children were growning up. I really enjoyed what I did and had a great boss. If she can find a little part time job that she enjoys that would be great. I was fortunate, my husband earned a really good living and I didn't have to work at all but I wanted to. He always told me to do what I wanted to do. He always thought he had the better end of the deal. He always said that staying home with the kids was harder. In some ways it is, that's why I got a part time job, it is the best of both worlds.

viva9231411745974.647002 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello all today

not to much here. lawn man came and did the lawn, he had 1 son with him,. the school system where he lives, already an inserve day for the teacher, day off for the kids. his 3 kids live with him.

did my chores for today which were very light. next week Tuesday I may down at dd house for the day/night. hoping our handyman will be able to fix new platform for under water tank. he had to find a full time job to keep money flowing into his own home, he now does repair work (handyman stuff) on the side. jobs were getting to scarce and money was so tight he had to make the decision to take full time job and do handy man stuff on his day off from his job. Ed said the job would take about 4 hours maybe less. DH will take 1 day vacation and be here with Ed and helping if need be to get job done, and then a new tank will be installed same day by one of DH work contractors from DH work. I sure hope everything will be done quickly, safely, to give me peace of mind.

OK guys that is it for now, later all.

lovestotea­ch1411827679.1815232 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx

Hi, friends!

Hope you do get a new thread started, Glass!

Viva... I know how it feels to be sick inside due to your job. Some things in life just aren't worth the stress. Hopefully, some day, businesses will be forced to be kinder to employees and more respectful of their time.

Hayfield... the home tour sounds like FUN! I am sure that we will be traveling again to Alexandria and DC in the spring!

Lovestoteach~ ~ ♥ ♥♥

viva9231411834067.6937002 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello today,

absolutely beautiful today, have house opened up. almost summer like.

DH gave ED first install payment, looks like Tuesday is a go. DH will take vacation day and be here and help if ED needs help.

not much else for now guys, later all.

Glass Lady­ K1411872301.7573965 PostsRegistered 11/21/2006Northern California

Good evening.

I started a new thread called "50+ Ladies Come and Chat Version 3"

I will keep posting on here for awhile so that we don't lose anybody.

Glass

lovestotea­ch1411920702.96715232 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx
On 9/27/2014 Glass Lady K said:

Good evening.

I started a new thread called "50+ Ladies Come and Chat Version 3"

I will keep posting on here for awhile so that we don't lose anybody.

Glass

Oh, Glass! How exciting! Hope you posted about the wedding plans! Will go and find you now....

Lovestoteach~ ~ ♥ ♥♥

viva9231411938689.987002 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

me too, try to find you

Glass Lady­ K1412053286.3633965 PostsRegistered 11/21/2006Northern California

Thought I had better do some posting here, for awhile at least.

Page 790 of 790