Back to School
157 Members and 11233 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

March X1 - 50+ Ladies Come and Chat

Started 1268866304.467 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1406649039.867 by viva923

Our two previous threads have locked up for some reason.  Once again, come and chat about things that are important to us at this time in our lives.  Come and share your thoughts about beauty,work, family and anything else that comes to mind.  We are a a very friendly group.  

Page 784 of 784
Glass Lady­ K1405839529.6273888 PostsRegistered 11/21/2006Northern California

Hi all.

Paul and I have been making blackberry jam for two days. He spent hours picking berries and then we worked on the cooking and canning. We made all the jam we give as Christmas gifts. They all get that and my almond rocca. I don't start Christmas in July but that's when the berries are ripe.

I fell again today. That's the third fall in two years. I don't know what's wrong with me. I've been lucky not to break anything. I have to be more careful. I don't know what's wrong with me.

When they run you out of town, get out front and make it look like a parade.

Success in life depends on how you handle plan B. Anybody can handle plan A.
Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how you dance in the rain.

viva9231405877852.4136656 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

another quiet day here

windows still opened, but getting more humid, will be closing up by tonight. later guys

viva9231405955572.856656 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello this morn,

closed the house up, to humid to remain open any longer.

not to much going on today, did my normal Monday clean.

my neighbor lady who has lost 150 pounds over the past 2 years or so, is having all the hanging fat taken off Thursday. She went on the Susan Sommers diet and fat melted off of her.

ok that is all for now, later all.

lovestotea­ch1405956213.03314108 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx

Good morning!

viva... I don't like lots of people around me either. But I'll bet pee wee had fun!

Glass... this is concerning... about you falling... please get that checked?

We have cloudy skies... which is becoming pretty normal this summer. It is a nice break from the strong heat. Our grass is staying greener than usual! BBL!

Loves ~ dancin' & prancin' ~ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hayfield1406033094.4275025 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008

Good Morning! Got back from NYC on Sunday and worked yesterday. I had a really nice time in NYC, the weather was just beautiful. We went to the TKS line on Friday and got half price tickets to "Cinderella". I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed the show. On Saturday, we walked all over Central Park and Saturday night saw Audra McDonald in Lady Day at Emerson's Bar & Grill. Audra McDonald was awesome in that show. If you don't know who she is and saw "The Sound of Music" that they did live on NBC recently, she played the head sister and sang "Climb Every Mountain". I have a little sinus thing going on, so I'm going to lie low today. The humidity is bad today.

viva9231406043516.5176656 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello today,

not to much going on here. Grandpa had to baby sit the 3 kids at their house last night. Dad is on business trip, mom had to work close till 10pm . grandpa went to pick the kids up from day care then took them home and stayed with the kids till mom got home about 11pm.

Has anyone heard if Laura Geller is leaving QVC??? Just something is going on ,can't put my finger on it. She lost her lease at the NYC store, still has not found a new store to move into, she sold most of her company, then a short announcement her show have been cancelled and no new shows scheduled.

that is about all for now, later guys.

lovestotea­ch1406059192.3514108 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx

Hayfield... doesn't it make you wonder why humidity affects our sinuses so badly? Yep... better rest. We can comiserate... my DBIL is the same way and DH has had his fill of both of his brothers in finalizing DMIL's affairs. The fact that he is retired has been a blessing. He did not need that stress on top of this. I hope your DH is able to get through it all...

viva... love your DGK's report! I don't know anything about LG... that is weird, what is happening with her store...

Glass... YUM... are you eating blackberry jam? Caught you!!!

Glass Lady­ K1406087791.643888 PostsRegistered 11/21/2006Northern California

Hayfield, your trip to NYC sounds great. I surprisingly loved NY. I never thought I would like it so much. I stayed in the same hotel in So Ho, both times I went. I'd love to go there again.

loves, I think the reason I'm falling so much is that my stairs need a railing. I really need somebody to get over here and do a railing. Also, I haven't been wearing the right shoes. I promised Paul I wouldn't wear my comfortable shoes out in the yard again. My feet keep sliding out, not good. I'm now wearing tennis shoes. They're too hot but it's better than falling.

Viva, I have a friend who had that surgery. I'm not sure I would want to do that. She has some pretty bad scars underneath her arms. Then she gained the weight back again. Now that's really sad. Now she has scars and the fat is back on her arms. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

When they run you out of town, get out front and make it look like a parade.

Success in life depends on how you handle plan B. Anybody can handle plan A.
Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how you dance in the rain.

viva9231406128040.7176656 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello today,

got a Q alert that my Summer Grace was back in and a 3 some double amount of shower gel for a good price. I got me 3 bottles/with pumps.

Did my Wednesday clean as usual.

Bad day for me yesterday (medical). Called my family doc. yesterday he increased one of my pills from 1 a day to 6x's a day. I am doing 3x's a day for now, gradually increase.

Well that is about all for now, later guys.

lovestotea­ch1406128217.17314108 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx

Glass... yes! A railing! Who can go up and down stairs without a railing? Not me. Athletic shoes are all I ever wear now (mostly) just because my body has adjusted to them, it seems.

Hayfield...it took many rinses this time to get rid of that pervasive, but not debilitating, headache! You wrote: "I really have to say to myself, don't do it, it will only hurt you in the end. I have this work ethic thing that makes me want to "step up" but I had to stop doing that. My health has to be my main concern." Both of us, DD & myself, suffer from this ethic.

Some of my joints have hurt ever since I was in my 30's. They said it was osteoarthritis. (and fibromyalgia, etc) Even these days (and I am three years old than you!) I need more exercise so as not to hurt.

viva: what are you up to today? Our high will be 96; where we are going in PA it will be 90 with some rain.

One of my summer projects has been experimenting with some eye creams...purchased a new one and it seems to be soothing the skin above my eyes. Yesterday they were stinging b/c I tried one of my samples that really isn't an eye cream.

viva9231406216989.4936656 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello all,

not much today, cleaned the kitchen,

had some hefty boomers roll thru last night, had some rain but nothing bad. very overcast and cool-damp today.

that is about all for now, later

lovestotea­ch1406223581.37314108 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx

viva... thank you for your continued posts... if anything ever happened to you, I just don't know what I'd do!!!

Well, we are leaving early... we got an SOS call... or something like that! So we are in the midst of packing to leave! WOW, priorities can sure change in a NY minute! ~loves

lovestotea­ch1406292309.56314108 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx

Good morning!

viva9231406304799.0776656 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello all,

not much today. have not seen dh in 3 days, he has been at work. he came home long enough to shower late last night, then back to work, problems, problems problems.

have house opened up, just beautiful. resting the air cond. it will work overtime this weekend, hot and humid is forecast till Monday night, when a cold front is suppose to push thru with lots of storms;

ok guys later

Hayfield1406313548.275025 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008

Good Morning!--I'm off today but working this weekend and it's going to be hot and humid. I hope I can get through the weekend O.K. since my sinues are acting up. I hardly ever have sinus trouble. I'm doing O.K. staying in but I'll be outside a lot the next three days! Wish me luck!

Viva--Do be careful with your medication, slow increases are good. Get some rest, the dirt will be there later.

GlassLadyK--Yes, please get a railing! I don't know what I'd do without having railings. When I was in NYC last weekend, going up and down those subway stairs was a killer. I really needed those railings! Trying to keep up with my son isn't easy! He's 28 and I'm almost 60 and he'd tell me to hurry so we'd make the train. When I go to NYC I need a vacation of rest when I get back!

lovestotea­ch1406314377.5314108 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx

Hayfield... wow...rest up! your weekend in NYC sounds like an action-filled one! Ours will be, too. IDK if my muscles are ready, but it will be an "athletic" challenge for me! Change of weather changes my packing plans!

viva... hope your foot is not acting up!

Hi, Glass... PS can't wait to get my hands on that book! : )

Hayfield1406368952.4935025 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008

Good Morning! I'm working today, so everyone have a great day!

Lovestoteach--Safe travels! Have fun with Lexi!

lovestotea­ch1406391572.00314108 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx

Thanks, Hay!

Wishing everyone a great weekend... whatever you do!

viva9231406425916.516656 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello tonight,

to busy today to do much of anything, I didn't even leave this house till 4pm for church. have mighty midget tonight. he has been a real pill, finally got him to sleep for the night.

ok later guys.

Hayfield1406456290.3935025 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008

Good Morning! Yesterday was a pretty nice day, but today, the weather is going to be pretty bad, they're calling for lots of rain and thunderstorms. Have a great day everyone!

viva9231406484802.346656 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello all,

just saw screens on facebook for where the bad weather is be, Delaware is in the eye zone.

mighty midget is still here and just a sore spot today, non stop crying unless you do what he wants, which I will not. he is finally playing in his play pen.

ok guys that is all for now, later.

Puddles1406485984.51711772 PostsRegistered 2/19/2006South Coast of England

Stopping by to say Hi!

"When things go wrong, don't go with them.” ― Elvis Presley

viva9231406563330.7736656 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello all,

not much today. still very humid today, house is closed up and air is on.

did my normal Monday clean.

that is all for now ,later all

viva9231406649039.856656 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

Hello all,

I finally opened up last night it was plain delightful last night and today is a 10 star day. Low humidity and cool gentle wind, so delightful

did my Tuesday clean, last load in dryer.

ok guys that is it for now, later all.

Page 784 of 784