Handbag Clearance
89 Members and 13312 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

March X1 - 50+ Ladies Come and Chat

Started 1268866304.467 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1397877001.38 by viva923

Our two previous threads have locked up for some reason.  Once again, come and chat about things that are important to us at this time in our lives.  Come and share your thoughts about beauty,work, family and anything else that comes to mind.  We are a a very friendly group.  

Page 775 of 775
viva9231397156569.96405 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello today,

cleaned out the wood shed today, got as far as I could. the chunk I could not clean is all DH's junk, can't really toss anything out till he does that section.

sunny today, suppose to rain tomorrow then clear up for a good rain free week next week.

OK guys that is all for now, later.

viva9231397226171.446405 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello guys,

signed myself up for lawn care today. the guy will do the lawn once a week, weed whack, and mulch if needed, and blow the leaves to the road in the fall.

have my errand to run, this is all for today. later guys.

lovestotea­ch1397314844.712956 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx

Hi!

viva... thank heavens you post regularly... I might not have found "our" thread (meaning it belongs to all of us, of course!).

Glass... are you and Paul getting married! How exciting! DETAILS WANTED!

Hayfield... Hope all is well with you and the fam.

Thinking of everybody! L is growing, growing!

PS ... weather is finally up for good, I suppose! It has been in the 80's afternoons... lots of wind.

BBL

Last edited on 4/12/2014

Loves ~ dancin' & prancin' ~ ♥ ♥ ♥

lovestotea­ch1397315204.65312956 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx
On 3/13/2014 KatherineW said:

My DD moved to South Carolina the weekend after I had my surgery. Some big company offered her a Human Resource Manage job at a company called Milliken. She accepted it on the spot. She'll make close to 6 figures after a year or two. Not bad for a 30 year old. But I miss her terribly!

I can relate to missing your daughter... but congratulations to her and the extra-opportunity job! When opportunity knocks, I imagine it's best we answer the door!

viva9231397327628.416405 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

not much today, waiting for laundry to finish.

did a whole bunch of cleaning today all prep work for next week, shortened week for me, Friday have a doc. appoint. with my foot surg. to see how my foot is healing.

ok guys later.

Glass Lady­ K1397353329.3373802 PostsRegistered 11/21/2006Northern California

Not much going on here. I'm just trying to get everything done. It's housework, yard work, glass work! I can't seem to get everything done. I don't know how I used to work 80 hrs a week. Well.......I guess I was younger. Sigh!

Wedding plans. I'm not sure how I'm going to make plans for that loves. We just look at each other ans try to figure out just what we want. I sent for two outfits and nothing so far suits me. I just seems strange to be looking. Maybe it'll be just city hall or just us at the church. I just don't want to make a big deal about this....I think. I would like to have my kids there but they seem to think it's silly. LOL, maybe we'll just run away and get married. That might be an adventure.

When they run you out of town, get out front and make it look like a parade.

Success in life depends on how you handle plan B. Anybody can handle plan A.
Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how you dance in the rain.

viva9231397414849.3836405 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello all,

boy did it warm up here. up in the 80's today. all windows are open, only have 2 window fans in the house. suppose to frost up by Wednesday so not doing things to fast for getting house ready for summer.

not much else.

all will fall into place for wedding glass, do what you guys want and not worry about anyone else, you 2 are the most important.

ok guys later.

viva9231397502940.366405 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello all,

had a huge clean today for Monday, finally finished folding the 2nd load about 10 min's ago.

weather is beautiful today, but by Wednesday frost warnings have been issued so back into the polar vortex, ugh!!!!

not much else for now, later guys.

Glass Lady­ K1397529355.893802 PostsRegistered 11/21/2006Northern California

Hi Viva. It's hard to believe it's 80 there, after all the snow that's been on the east coast. I hope this doesn't mean your summer is going to be really hot. We're having a lot of fog. That's what happens at the beach.

About the wedding, I just can't find anything that's fitting, as in not ridiculous. I do have something put away but it's way too small but it's exactly the right thing. I guess I could diet like crazy. *sigh*. I don't know.

viva9231397577396.7436405 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hey everyone,

glass, let your mind go blank. you are not trying to please anyone but yourself and your other half. Look away try on, make it a fun day just for you, see what you can find, bring a friend along to lunch and looking. you will find something.

weather is wet for the ducks, have had some good down pours. even a boomer rolled through.

farmers almanac is calling for hot weather with a mix of cool and wet thrown in for good measure all summer for us.

viva9231397665086.256405 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

not much here today, last load in washer,

sunny but very cold today, only in the 30's today. had snow last night, wet snow.

the step replacing man is here. he is building new front steps for us.

not much else, later guys.

Glass Lady­ K1397710945.7773802 PostsRegistered 11/21/2006Northern California

I took care of my sister's little dog today. Our dogs have such fun. They wear themselves out.

It was a nice sunny day. Yesterday and the night before were cloudy all day. I missed the "blood moon". We always seem to have fog when there's something to see in the sky.

I got a new doctor today. I'm really excited. Her office is 3 minutes from here. I think the older I get, the less I want to drive around. This doctor is an old friend of my sisters. I guess she's tops.

Wow viva, 80 yesterday and 30 today? That's quite a temperature variation.

inkadew1397713833.331 PostsRegistered 4/16/2014

"When they run you out of town, get out front and make it look like a parade."

Glass Lady K -

Just came across this forum thread and read your fabulous tag line. Thank you so much for such a good laugh. I needed that!

viva9231397747353.9336405 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hey all,

Hi inkadew.

Not much today. lawn man came for 1st time.cut my lawn and weed wacked. did a good job, my lawn is cut for 1 week, wonderful is all I can say. the step maker man is here finishing up the front steps. he will begin tearing apart the back steps. he did a fab job making the new steps, they are excellent, nothing is going to move them and they are WIDE. the last steps made was for people who were small, 1 inch x 1 inch tall. you walked up them and I swear you felt like you were going to fall off same with walking down them. the step man who built the last set of steps (in 2004) was someone totally different.

weather is sunny but still cold.

OK guys that is all for now, later all.

Last edited on 4/17/2014

Glass Lady­ K1397778106.513802 PostsRegistered 11/21/2006Northern California

viva, glad to hear you're happy with your new steps. I just love it when everything goes right. Same with the yard. I have a terrific guy that shows up every week. He also does a little extra. He's done my yard for almost 9 years.

Hi inkadew. Yep, that's my motto. It's my motto. I even have it over my desk. I'm glad you enjoyed it and it gave you a laugh. My fiance' used it back at me last week. He said "You should read your motto again". I was upset about something.

lovestotea­ch1397824766.29712956 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx

Hi, all!

Will BBL to chat! We are out of school for today! YAY! NO SCHOOL!

I am "down" about so many have-to's and I wish I could get an ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT for this...

Glass, I'm sure you will choose something to do about a ceremony that you enjoy... what you are wearing and where it will be held. After all, don't you deserve to be happy (or maybe content is a better descriptive). If it were me, I'd make the whole deal something comfortable and enjoyable... and that means it should be on "your terms." Finding something I like to wear can be a pain... so go cas! Same for the "service," go cas!

hi, viva... thank you for your regular postings... God bless you!

viva9231397877001.2736405 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

not to much today

it is late. busy day here. went to see my foot surgeon today. not good news today.

my skin on the bottom of my foot under the surg. is breaking down badly. huge deep cracks have developed. dr. said it because there is still to much bone in that area and needs to be shaved off. he has asked me to get some metatarsal pads for my foot (from the way he describes them, they are lifters for the arch to get the weight off the foot) less pressure, less cracks. I go back 30 may for next check. if he sees that these metatarsal pads have not helped, back I go into the operating room.

wait and see, all I know, these cracks are super painful to walk on. DH got me some dr. scholls arch supports tonight to help till my metatarsal pads arrived. Ordered them tonight (from a PA company).

ok that is it for now, later guys.

Page 775 of 775