Labor Day Weekend Clearance
107 Members and 9876 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

March X1 - 50+ Ladies Come and Chat

Started 1268866304.467 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1409568535.843 by Hayfield

Our two previous threads have locked up for some reason.  Once again, come and chat about things that are important to us at this time in our lives.  Come and share your thoughts about beauty,work, family and anything else that comes to mind.  We are a a very friendly group.  

Page 788 of 788
Glass Lady­ K1409104992.2873912 PostsRegistered 11/21/2006Northern California

Hi, hi!

Busy weekend. Paul played at a big party. He and his band were great. He sang until his voice was gone.

I did a bunch more canning. I made applesauce. That was a first. I use my computer to look up recipes and hints. Is that ever a help. Now I need a recipe for all the tomatoes we have. Our tomato bushes are 10' tall, and the Asian pear tree is just loaded. We had to thin it out because the branches were breaking off.

I have more but I need to do something about dinner.

Tomorrow. Night all.

When they run you out of town, get out front and make it look like a parade.

Success in life depends on how you handle plan B. Anybody can handle plan A.
Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how you dance in the rain.

Hayfield1409138234.265111 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008

Good Morning! It's all about me day today! I'm getting my hair cut & colored this morning, then this afternoon, it's mani/pedi time! Yeah! I worked a lot of hours last weekend and need some pampering!

GlassLadyK--I know what you mean about finding things on google or YouTube. I want to try and milk paint two end tables and I've been told how easy it is, so I googled it and I am thinking about trying it. I have two end tables from my grandmother that I like but would love to milk paint them.

viva9231409155740.8176732 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello all today,

not much happening here., did my big clean for the week, huge load of clothes in dryer.

dh told me some news last night. a good friend of dh from his work was purchasing a new house. the guy signed all the paperwork to sell his house, when the seller pulled out of the deal because someone offered straight cash and a bit more than what he was selling his house for. well, this has created a mess for the buyer. but the buyer did find out (from the lawyer he has for settlement) the buyer can now sue the seller for going back on the deal and cause this cash purchasing person to lose the house too. I didn't understand all the in's outs of this deal gone bad, but right now, it is getting the deposit back and cancelling the sale which I understand can take quite a bit of paperwork and much time.

heat hot today, have house closed up, that is about all for now, later guys.

Glass Lady­ K1409202660.0233912 PostsRegistered 11/21/2006Northern California

Good for you Hayfield. I think we all need pampering.

Viva, that sounds like a nightmare.

Tired again tonight. I don't know why. I didn't get anything done....tomorrow.

Hayfield1409222854.485111 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008

Good Morning! I'm working today, so everyone, have a great day!

viva9231409241974.4076732 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hey today,

not to much for today. had to wash sheets today, woke up to a mess. I somehow cut myself during sleep and you know what happens then. it was a mess. changed sheets and back in business.

really humid hot today. suppose have winds switch directions which may cause me to open up, will wait and see what happens.

had to sit the 3 kids last night, open house for all parents. well little miss has already caused a disturbance. she called the boy who sits next to her a big fathead. with all the rules in schools now a days, teacher won't tolerate that again. DD knew little miss is a handful, she blurts out what she wants to say. Next 12 years should be interesting.

OK guys, that is it for now, later all.

Glass Lady­ K1409289951.173912 PostsRegistered 11/21/2006Northern California

Cleaned house most of the day. I'm glad it's done though.

Boy am I tired tonight.

Hayfield1409308087.175111 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008

Good Morning! It's Friday and DH took today off and we're heading out to the wineries with friends. We figured it wouldn't be so crowded today at the wineries with this weekend being Labor Day weekend. Tomorrow, it's furniture shopping. My couch and loveseat in my family room have had it and I need to replace them. I may need new carpet too but I'll wait and see how it looks after I get a new couch. I hoping that a good steam cleaning will make it look good.

Viva--It's getting harder to raise kids these day, the schools have a lot of really silly rules. While it wasn't nice for anyone to call people names, it is what kids do sometimes and all the teacher has to do is explain that to them, politely, and ask someone to apologize. If someone keeps doing it repeatedly, well then, yes, maybe contacting the parent is necessary. People seem to want to make mountains out of mole hills today for some reason.

GlassLadyK--The older I get, the longer it takes me to clean something and the more tired it makes me when I'm done! I love clean but I don't love to clean! I used to enjoy it when I was younger but it's nothing but a chore now. I feel like, gee, life is short and I don't want to spend it cleaning. I so envy Viva, I wish I still her her "clean ethic".

viva9231409326611.4276732 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello all today,

little bit in chores today.

hair cut day for me.

house is opened up, beautiful outside, by tomorrow back into humid wet days. showing rain sat and sund here on the weather maps.

we have been invited over to dd house for labor day cook out. we have to bring baked beans. going to slow cook them.

am so proud of myself, my bills are coming to an end as of October. the account balances are almost at zero, some of the accounts were extremely high, won't name the amount but it was way over 10 $$$ mark, and I mean way over. just stopped spending years ago and paid everything off gradually , the last of my large bills (last payment will be October)are almost finished. dh car note will be finished in October. dh says we are finished buying new cars for awhile.

well that is about all for the day now, later guys.

lovestotea­ch1409416730.98714446 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx

viva.. congratulations! It must feel wonderful to achieve a debt-free status!

GlassLadyK... sorry I went AWOL all of last week... what have I missed? Hope everyone is OK.

Hayfield... will check in later over this weekend to see what everybody is up to!

~loves

Loves ~ dancin' & prancin' ~ ♥ ♥ ♥

viva9231409421269.7876732 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello all,

dh spray painted the new steps with a stain. carmel colored stain. dh got himself one of the new sprayers, that one where you can use any kind of paint. the stain looks nice, can see the grain of the wood but spiffed up the steps. he only did the back steps first, takes 24 hours to dry/set. tomorrow is the spraying of the front steps. so far am pleased with the results.

weather is humid today but not enough to close up just yet, will be closing up by tonight.

ok got to fold clothes, later guys.

lovestotea­ch1409501219.10714446 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx

Hi, viva! Forgot to say that I hope you enjoy your hair cut! Mine is next week and it will be a relief to have this done! Its almost past time!

Loves ~ dancin' & prancin' ~ ♥ ♥ ♥

Hayfield1409505216.395111 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008

Good Morning! We had a great time on Friday out in the mountains going to the wineries, we went to three and then we stopped and had dinner. It was a perfect day, the weather was great and not too many people out and about. Yesterday we did go furniture shopping I got a new couch and loveseat but ended up custom ordering them, it will take 8-10 weeks. I really liked the couch in the store but they one on display that was piped or trimmed in a different color and it really made the couch & loveseat "pop". It made it more pricey but there was a sale and I went ahead and ordered them. I think we'll need new carpet or hardwood flooring. I'm really wanting hardwood floors in the family room.

Lovestoteach--I assume you're back teaching. The kids here start on Monday.

Viva--It is a good feeling, being debt free! Congratulations!

viva9231409512851.0876732 PostsRegistered 4/5/2008Delaware

hello guys,

it is a steam bath outside today. dh took me shopping today. walmart, super g (grocery store), out to hardee's for lunch. at super g's we got our flu shot and pneumonia shot too. medicare is to cover both shots.

dh had to go back to walmart, we were missing a bag of groceries. we tore apart the car, no bag, the house too, no bag of groceries. we have the recipe. we called walmart and they said to bring the receipt in and we could repurchase the stuff we are missing.

dh spray painted front steps this morn. 24 hour dry time.

OK guys, that is it for now, later all.

Hayfield1409568535.7235111 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008

Good Morning! Happy Labor Day! I'm working today, so everyone, have a good one! It's hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill tonight!

Viva--It did get hot & humid yesterday. I'm hoping it's not bad today. We've had a pretty nice summer overall!

Page 788 of 788