New Contributor

My hair is thinning, breaking and falling out fast!

Hi.

I'm 53 years old and every time I brush my hair a lot comes out in my brush. My hair also breaks easily and is thin. This has been ongoing for about 3 years. I've tried all the products I can find and nothing helps. I always let my hair air dry and don't use products that have sulfates. Actually, I don't use Any styling products because I'm afraid to. I've been using Pureology hair products. I need some kind of product that will moisturize my scalp and clean my hair follicles.

Maybe I should see a Dermatologist. I am taking several prescription medications and they could be causing it. I am also Diabetic type 2. I thought about trying Argon oil, but I'm not sure if it will help clean out my hair follicles. I tried Tea Tree shampoo by Paul Mitchell and it didn't help. My scalp itches and when it gets really bad I use DermaZinc shampoo. This helps my scalp but dries out my hair. I did see a product here on Qvc and can't for the life of me remember who it was by or the name of it. I was not from a line of products. It was just a single product that aired on a Beauty's Best day about a month or so ago. And if I try to look for it I don't know whether to look at haircare or skincare. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. My hair is still growing though, thank goodness.