Designer Fashion Clearance
126 Members and 13602 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

ISOMERS Glutathione Glutathiosome-47 C2C & Vitamin C Stem Cleanser, Eye Gel, 15% High Potency Serum, Nourishing Cream

Started 1368131468.537 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1368713004.173 by FLGators

How do these compare to Perricone acyl and vitamin C?

I presume the 15% C is more than Perricone's vitamin C serum that can be used in the day time.

They are expensive but much cheaper than perricone.

The top value of C products is only a little bit more than buying the serum by itself.

Also, can both of these be used together (day and night)? Also, thinking about combining with Dr. Gross Ferulic Acid Retinol or is that overkill? Does the Gross Ferulic also have vitamin C?

Page 1 of 1
JeanLouise­Finch1368133826.2511131 PostsRegistered 10/3/2011

I don't know any specifics about these products, but what I do know is that you're not supposed to use Vitamin C/AHA's at the same time as a Retinol product.

sueinsf1368135240.0432390 PostsRegistered 9/5/2006

Since the Isomers C line is just being introduced you may not find someone yet ready to compare those products to Perricone but perhaps you can get someone to give their thoughts on the Glutathiasome vs Glutathione.

I just received the Dr Gross Ferulic and Retinol duo and don't see C in it, but looked pretty quickly. If I get the Isomers kit (which I am thinking about) I would probably use that in the AM and the Gross products in the PM. However, I would really prefer to just start with the Gross duo first and see if I like the products/notice any difference before introducing any other new products (like the Isomers C, so I would likely wait on using that).

beautyq1368135554.29487 PostsRegistered 11/10/2012

http://www.paulaschoice.com/community/news-and-commentary/_/the-truth-about-using-retinol-with-aha-bha-and-vitamin-c

Paula Begoun says differently:

In summary: There is no research anywhere that supports the misguided assertion that retinol is deactivated when combined with acidic ingredients, and there is plenty of research that demonstrates the opposite. In fact, cosmetics chemists who specialize in developing retinol formulas balk at this, and we've asked around—a lot! The Paula's Choice Research Team will always provide you with reliable information so you can take the best possible care of your skin.

beautyq1368135554.777487 PostsRegistered 11/10/2012

http://www.paulaschoice.com/community/news-and-commentary/_/the-truth-about-using-retinol-with-aha-bha-and-vitamin-c

Paula Begoun says differently:

In summary: There is no research anywhere that supports the misguided assertion that retinol is deactivated when combined with acidic ingredients, and there is plenty of research that demonstrates the opposite. In fact, cosmetics chemists who specialize in developing retinol formulas balk at this, and we've asked around—a lot! The Paula's Choice Research Team will always provide you with reliable information so you can take the best possible care of your skin.

Judaline1368136166.4815871 PostsRegistered 8/26/2006street of dreams

I got the email on these products and emailed them back to say I used Retiniacin and where would these products fit in. He said, just use the Retiniacin (retinol +niacin) first and put the serums on top. He said Retiniacin is an activator. I don't know what that means?

beautyq1368148878.427487 PostsRegistered 11/10/2012

THis Isomers vitamin c serum is about as well priced as a vitamin c serum gets and it is 15% stabilized vitamin C.

Are there any other good vitamin c serums that are 15%, preferably 20%?

theblonde71368151633.53751 PostsRegistered 3/4/2011
On 5/9/2013 beautyq said:

THis Isomers vitamin c serum is about as well priced as a vitamin c serum gets and it is 15% stabilized vitamin C.

I placed an order today on Amazon for NuFountain's 20% Vitamin C with Ferulic Acid. It's about $20. The reviews are great and it is recommended frequently on the boards. HTH!

beautyq1368153934.263487 PostsRegistered 11/10/2012
On 5/9/2013 theblonde7 said:

I placed an order today on Amazon for NuFountain's 20% Vitamin C with Ferulic Acid. It's about $20. The reviews are great and it is recommended frequently on the boards. HTH!

The nufountain looks like its L ascorbic acid, i.e. not stabilized. really want a stabilized vitamin c

beautyq1368158671.557487 PostsRegistered 11/10/2012

Oh geez, I kept looking at this and wound up buying 2, not just one. I think what sold me was the thin consistency of the 15% stabilized vitamin C serum. I tried the Perricone vitamin C serum and I doubt it's 15% and it is thicker so I think the isomers one will be better.

I tried isomers years ago and didn't really like it for my skin but I was alot younger and oily/acne prone.

Even the vitamin c stem moisturizer cream is 10% vitamin C.

Hopefully this vitamin c serum set 305-323 Vitamin C Stem Essential Wrinkle Solution Kit will be worth it.

This is the link if anyone didn't see it.

http://www.shopnbc.com/OFFER/?action=View&offercode=305-323&ICID=HS1-_-TTV305323-_-050913

If anyone gets theirs before me, please post reviews.

Last edited on 5/9/2013

Last edited on 5/9/2013

Last edited on 5/9/2013

Last edited on 5/14/2013

beautyq1368573923.86487 PostsRegistered 11/10/2012

Did anyone get their kit? How do you like it so far?

Caron1221368581935.991109 PostsRegistered 4/10/2007Texas
Got mine today. First application thoughts: the cleanser li'm not crazy about. But I'm used to using ivory soap, so it's probably just me. Like the eye serum and face serum feel. Easy to put on. The cream moisturizer was a little thick and I had a hard time getting it to spread. All together feels kinda clay like on my face. Also the smell is odd, but not really unpleasant. The true test is going to be after a few days, how my skin accepts it. One thing for sure, I don't feel greasy or oily in any way. Like I said feels like clay on my face. Guess it's the mineral base the products are in. We'll see! Last edited on 5/14/2013

Last edited on 5/14/2013

luvmypupz1368583252.134991 PostsRegistered 8/30/2010By the Sea Shore
I tried my kit today. Cleanser is ok smells weird but not really bad. Like the eye gel and the serum but had trouble with the cream balling up when I put my bb cream over it and I tried 2 different bb creams. Noticed later that I had a dried white residue on my jawline, guess maybe I didn't get the cream to work in good. Not sure about the kit yet.

"I confronted the fact that I was not only talking to a dog, but answering for one." - Claire Cook, Must Love Dogs

Caron1221368583661.3371109 PostsRegistered 4/10/2007Texas
I agree, the smell is odd. And I had trouble with that cream too.

roxyrn1368620002.16673 PostsRegistered 7/7/2008

Got my kit yesterday but am waiting to finish up my Pur regime in about a week before using.

Thanks to all who are posting reviews- it really helps to know what to expect. I threw out the Pur eye product because of the consistency and smell but now know it was probably okay. I never take a chance with eye products, though.

Harpa1368621305.6737686 PostsRegistered 6/28/2007

Devita Rx C Pro Plus --

• Highly concentrated (20%) stabilized topical Vitamin C with pH of 2.8
  • Source of Vitamin C is L-Ascorbic acid from all natural organic source

(I use the Devita @ 17% vitamin C.)

SJFD1368628059.067763 PostsRegistered 12/28/2007New Jersey
On 5/14/2013 luvmypupz said: I tried my kit today. Cleanser is ok smells weird but not really bad. Like the eye gel and the serum but had trouble with the cream balling up when I put my bb cream over it and I tried 2 different bb creams. Noticed later that I had a dried white residue on my jawline, guess maybe I didn't get the cream to work in good. Not sure about the kit yet.

I didn't have that problem, but have with other products in the past. Did you wait a few minutes prior to applying the BB cream to let the C cream absorb? Try using a lit less cream. It shouldn't ball up then. The products smell like oranges.

luvmypupz1368629300.1634991 PostsRegistered 8/30/2010By the Sea Shore
On 5/15/2013 SJFD said:
On 5/14/2013 luvmypupz said: I tried my kit today. Cleanser is ok smells weird but not really bad. Like the eye gel and the serum but had trouble with the cream balling up when I put my bb cream over it and I tried 2 different bb creams. Noticed later that I had a dried white residue on my jawline, guess maybe I didn't get the cream to work in good. Not sure about the kit yet.

I didn't have that problem, but have with other products in the past. Did you wait a few minutes prior to applying the BB cream to let the C cream absorb? Try using a lit less cream. It shouldn't ball up then. The products smell like oranges.

Yes, I let it dry good. Put it on and then dried my hair so it was good and dry. I will give it another try today. I read where they said to put it on with some water but don't really understand that since it goes on over top of the serums?

"I confronted the fact that I was not only talking to a dog, but answering for one." - Claire Cook, Must Love Dogs

SJFD1368630948.343763 PostsRegistered 12/28/2007New Jersey
On 5/15/2013 luvmypupz said:
On 5/15/2013 SJFD said:

Yes, I let it dry good. Put it on and then dried my hair so it was good and dry. I will give it another try today. I read where they said to put it on with some water but don't really understand that since it goes on over top of the serums?

I don't understand that either

luvmypupz1368659656.6834991 PostsRegistered 8/30/2010By the Sea Shore
On 5/15/2013 SJFD said:
On 5/15/2013 luvmypupz said:
On 5/15/2013 SJFD said:

I don't understand that either

Today after applying the eye serum and face serum, I applied the cream and then dampened my hands with water and patted my hands over the cream and lightly smoothed my hands over where I applied the cream. Let it dry good and then applied the isomers bb cream and had no problems with anything balling up like I did yesterday. Will try this method with one of my other bb creams tomorrow and see if I have any problems with the cream balling up. Didn't have time to play with a couple of different bb creams today but the isomers bb cream was fine over it. Only way I could figure how to add a little water without bothering the other serums I had already put on. My face does feel smooth and moisturized and my makeup went on nicely today.

Caron1221368673352.841109 PostsRegistered 4/10/2007Texas
Tonight I applied all again except I used Isomers foaming facial cleanser instead of the c cleanser. My face feels much, much better. I'm very happy with the application tonight.

FLGators1368713004.12787 PostsRegistered 7/19/2005

I caved & bought 2 of these.

The cleanser is bad, not sure how it made thru test subjects, It leaves a thin film almost like orange oil on your skin. So I had to use my regular cleanser a second time. I am prone to breakouts, any residue is not good. It does make your skin smooth/shine, this is because of the glycolic acid in the cleanser. AHA's are instant gratification for those who expect immediate results, no rocket science there!

I don't have a problem with the cream. Yes, it is is gritty but it melts on the skin and doesn't ball up for me. I just used 1 pump. According to Isomers FB, if it balls up you are using too much.

The eye gel feels good on the skin but Isomers always has had good gel based formulations. I love their copper mask.

Vitamin C Serum feels like the MAP-C, too soon to tell if this has the WOW factor like the claims.

Overall, Stem genesis rocks{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Over time my skin has really improved with the SG line. I will stick to it. I cancelled my 2nd TSV order. If I change my mind on this line, there will always be another sale!

Page 1 of 1