New Holiday Decor
11 Members and 15792 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Re: Leslie...WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT?

Started 1366516865.59 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1366802233.703 by winamac1
Does anyone know why she started crying at the end of the show just now after saying she loves everyone?

Page 1 of 5
Traceybock1366516959.285 PostsRegistered 2/12/2011

It was her very last BE show:( She didn't want to tell anyone. It's all on her FB page.

Sile1366517017.141224 PostsRegistered 2/3/2010
Why is it her last show?

Brig991366517028.7732 PostsRegistered 1/6/2010
Leslie's last show on QVC....:(....she may return someday never say never..:)

chanel 51366517037.26387 PostsRegistered 8/27/2012

Per another post Leslie is going on "sebatical". Don't know if she will ever present again or not. For some reason they dodn't want to tell it.

depglass1366517233.01724083 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006

I think her contract ends. In other words, when she sold her company she agreed to stay on for a certain amount of time. And its over. Notice there were no calls tonight? That's so they wouldn't spend two hours blubbering because a lot of people knew about this. All I can say is Thanks, Leslie, for introducing me to BE. I will miss you.

WillEscape­CAsoon1366517321.063270 PostsRegistered 3/5/2009
On 4/20/2013 Sile said: Why is it her last show?

Go look at her facebook page. Leslie Blodgett on facebook

Lovely21366517610.4872947 PostsRegistered 6/2/2007Texas

I don't use BE anymore, but I still liked watching Lisa and Leslie. Saw their first show together. I know Leslie knows that it's thanks in part to Lisa for her product taking off. I will miss her, but she may be back one day.

I don't believe in the concept of h*ll, but if I did I would think of it as filled with people who were cruel to animals.

Gary Larson

moto1366518045.543811 PostsRegistered 9/19/2005SF native

Word is that Leslie is not leaving BE, just taking some time off. The last 6 months have seen her travelling all over the world for BE and she is taking a well deserved rest. She didn't want to make a big deal of it, but said on Facebook it was probably her last show, and she asked fans to not post on forums in advance about her decision. She has been adamant that she is not leaving, but many are worried that is what will happen after this sabbatical.

sjkitty1366518753.416 PostsRegistered 8/11/2007

Leslie is taking a well deserved "sabbatical" leave. Her contract was up six months ago and since she is still with the company, it must have been renewed. She has spent the last 16 years working extremely hard to make Bare Escentuals what it is today. Bless her heart and I hope she has a wonderful time off. She has said on more than one occasion that she is coming back to BE after her leave is over.

jewel31366519492.7931784 PostsRegistered 6/11/2006West Coast
No one deserves a break any more than she does. It's a good time, with her son in college, to refocus and recharge her own battery. Her shows have always been the only ones I really watch on the Q and I will miss her appearances, her smile, her friendship with Lisa, and her genuine caring for the wide world of bareMinerals - all of the people who use these products.

We'll never have significance in this life if it's all about us.

sunshine451366519684.23741871 PostsRegistered 1/13/2007east coast and west coast

Hi my dears. In the car on way to hotel Glad it was quick at the end. That was hard. Love you so much!

via facebook

Last edited on 4/20/2013

Last edited on 4/20/2013

"When will our consciences grow so tender that we will act to prevent human misery rather than avenge it?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

WillEscape­CAsoon1366521114.9573270 PostsRegistered 3/5/2009
On 4/20/2013 sunshine45 said:

Hi my dears. In the car on way to hotel Glad it was quick at the end. That was hard. Love you so much!

via facebook

Last edited on 4/20/2013

Yeah, that sounds like a permanent end to me. I hope not.

Mistic1366521385.7471643 PostsRegistered 12/1/2007

Back when I used to use BE, I remember Leslie & Lisa talking that Leslie stayed with her while in town. That could be part of the sadness too. From what I gathered, they are really good friends.

Last edited on 4/20/2013

Last edited on 4/20/2013

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey

Mar57751366529381.5732353 PostsRegistered 10/11/2006Broomall, PA not to far from the Q

I enjoy her and Lisa and feel she is a great person on tv showing her products having genuine fun..I really liked watching her when she was on.

I do wish her well. Some people say she deserves a vacation..and time to relax...well I think I know people with a whole lot less$ who need a vacay more then her! Maybe I'm a bit jealous ya think? LOL! :p

Lisa will miss her too...they are so close, it's genuine and so obvious and nice to see that on air!

Please don't tell me I've made a grammatical error...I hunt and peck - it's only a message board :)!

Grade1Teach1366541915.410259 PostsRegistered 12/2/2007Long Island

Wow. I'm sorry to see her go.

What's funny is I haven't used BE in about 10 years and therefore never watch the shows. However, yesterday, I decided to record all of the shows because I was somewhat interested in the TSV. I forwarded through two of the shows and realized that their new "Ready" line was quite nice. I was also thinking about how dedicated Leslie is and how she has been on QVC for years and would probably never leave.

I know that there are millions of devoted BE fans out there. I know how upset you all must be. I hope she takes her break, enjoys it, and comes back to QVC.

winamac11366544108.4730924 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana

I thought Leslie stayed with Lisa? That's odd that she was on her way to a hotel. I'm sure she and Lisa will continue to be great friends. I thought they were actually best friends. I don't use a lot of BE, but I do like some of the products. I loved Leslie's sense of style.

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

JeanLouise­Finch1366547312.211027 PostsRegistered 10/3/2011

Bare Minerals was such a ground-breaking concept, and Leslie's baby. I don't know how she was able to sell the company she created, but I guess everyone has their price. For me, even though I'm not a user anymore, I guess it seems like yesterday's final appearance was the last thing on the list to make the sale complete and final, in a way. I can't imagine what it has to be like for her to walk away and relinquish control of something she was so invested in. That really had to be hard. Leslie is the face of Bare Minerals. Unless someone comes to a board like this, or reads the WSJ, I don't think the general public pays attention to the business end of the products they use and like. Going forward, I wonder how Leslie's absence with impact sales and so forth?

winamac11366547451.6430924 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 4/21/2013 Grade1Teach said:

Wow. I'm sorry to see her go.

What's funny is I haven't used BE in about 10 years and therefore never watch the shows. However, yesterday, I decided to record all of the shows because I was somewhat interested in the TSV. I forwarded through two of the shows and realized that their new "Ready" line was quite nice. I was also thinking about how dedicated Leslie is and how she has been on QVC for years and would probably never leave.

I know that there are millions of devoted BE fans out there. I know how upset you all must be. I hope she takes her break, enjoys it, and comes back to QVC.

Hi Teach. I'm with you. I don't use much BE anymore, but I do love the Ready line. The foundation is decent and is so much less mess, I love the blushes and eyeshadows, and even her newer concealer is nice. I stopped using BE prior to the launch of the Ready line due to the mess though I still did love the coverage of the loose foundation.

I know there are many devoted Leslie/BE fans out there so I'm sure they are sad to see her go. I did always love her sense of style and her taste in clothing is so often what I'd choose myself (if I had her money, LOL).

belleandme1366548559.588644 PostsRegistered 7/13/2009southern illinois
On 4/20/2013 jewel3 said: No one deserves a break any more than she does. It's a good time, with her son in college, to refocus and recharge her own battery. Her shows have always been the only ones I really watch on the Q and I will miss her appearances, her smile, her friendship with Lisa, and her genuine caring for the wide world of bareMinerals - all of the people who use these products.

well said!

FOUR BLOOD MOONS~~john hagee

"...There will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars...Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near." Luke 21:25a, 28

Rowdymom1366550718.85713099 PostsRegistered 6/20/2005SE PA
On 4/21/2013 winamac1 said:

I thought Leslie stayed with Lisa? That's odd that she was on her way to a hotel. I'm sure she and Lisa will continue to be great friends. I thought they were actually best friends. I don't use a lot of BE, but I do like some of the products. I loved Leslie's sense of style.

She probably stayed at the Sheraton so they could handle ground transportation to the airport.

blonde/gray, blue-gray, dry combination, neutral beige. WEN, Somerville, Clinique

Spring11366551100.86328 PostsRegistered 6/24/2011
On 4/21/2013 Rowdymom said:

She probably stayed at the Sheraton so they could handle ground transportation to the airport.

I agree Rowdymom. Leslie also said on her facebook before she left California that she was excited to have two days with Lisa before the BE shows started.

colliegirls1366551360.666489 PostsRegistered 5/13/2012
On 4/20/2013 jewel3 said: No one deserves a break any more than she does. It's a good time, with her son in college, to refocus and recharge her own battery. Her shows have always been the only ones I really watch on the Q and I will miss her appearances, her smile, her friendship with Lisa, and her genuine caring for the wide world of bareMinerals - all of the people who use these products.

Many of us work extremely hard every day for a lot less money and have more children!! We could all use a break!!

sunshine451366551499.03341871 PostsRegistered 1/13/2007east coast and west coast
On 4/21/2013 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Bare Minerals was such a ground-breaking concept, and Leslie's baby. I don't know how she was able to sell the company she created, but I guess everyone has their price. For me, even though I'm not a user anymore, I guess it seems like yesterday's final appearance was the last thing on the list to make the sale complete and final, in a way. I can't imagine what it has to be like for her to walk away and relinquish control of something she was so invested in. That really had to be hard. Leslie is the face of Bare Minerals. Unless someone comes to a board like this, or reads the WSJ, I don't think the general public pays attention to the business end of the products they use and like. Going forward, I wonder how Leslie's absence with impact sales and so forth?

she didnt create it, but she did expand it into a much larger empire. i would not think that her leaving the company would create a big impact on sales. those that love BE will still be buying it online, in stores, and at qvc. if you go into the stores there is never anyone there talking about leslie OR qvc for that matter.

maybe she has something else in the works.... something away from the skincare/makeup industry?

the acquisition took place three years ago and she made quite a lot of money..... she is definitely a success story!

"When will our consciences grow so tender that we will act to prevent human misery rather than avenge it?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

Rowdymom1366552743.4713099 PostsRegistered 6/20/2005SE PA
On 4/21/2013 colliegirls said:

Many of us work extremely hard every day for a lot less money and have more children!! We could all use a break!!

I don't understand the resentment and anger that has been posted on the boards. She's put in thousands of miles on seven continents working 15 hour days for 16 years. If she finds herself in the position to kick back for a bit as a result of her business savvy, "tain't nobody's business but her own"

Just how sour are those grapes?

Last edited on 4/21/2013

Last edited on 4/21/2013

blonde/gray, blue-gray, dry combination, neutral beige. WEN, Somerville, Clinique

winamac11366553069.0230924 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 4/21/2013 Rowdymom said:

Good point, but she's always had "ground transportation" matters getting back to the airport--all the years she stayed with Lisa. I don't know how last night would be any different from any other stay.

Lisa may have had family or Company in. no big deal. I'm sure they will continue being best friends.

Good for Leslie-she's successful and wealthy and can afford to take time off--she should!

Page 1 of 5