Top-Rated on Easy Pay
73 Members and 10929 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

My IT CC Cream review

Started 1365784673.057 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1366300045.85 by Pro211

I used it yesterday for the first time. I am 58 with dry to normal skin. I applied primer prior ( as I was not sure if it needed it or not). I also applied a light touch of It concealer under my eyes and on my nose( as I usually do with before any foundation). I bought both the light and the medium shades and I mixed them. I dotted it all over my face and blended with my fingers.

The foundation went on very smoothly. It was a nice shade for me and blended well.( I normally wear a light/ medium foundation shade). I set the foundation with a mist of mineral water. I will say that it gave good coverage- not cakey looking or dry- and my test for it was how my skin would look in 12 hours of working. When I got home I looked into my 10 X mirror and the foundation was still smooth and moist looking! No separation or cakey "in the lines" look! I will try it soon with no primer or concealer and see how it does and let you know what I think.

I would give this CC cream the grade of A. For me that is very high as I have many brands of Foundation that I have tried and non of them get an A!

~~Always remember--
You're braver than you believe
And stronger than you seem
And smarter than you think~
~Pooh

Page 1 of 1
14Victoria1365787050.951259 PostsRegistered 6/7/2012

It did look good in the presentations, but I cancelled my order becasue Im acne prone and worried this may casue some breakouts. I may order once I read some more reviews. Glad it worked for you.

Mar57751365795200.6972353 PostsRegistered 10/11/2006Broomall, PA not to far from the Q

Thanks for your take on this and glad you liked "It" lol. My skin is dry and I am 56

I used it the other day, wore all day, gave full coverage like a foundation w/full coverage I felt. At 1st I felt I needed a primer looking into my 10 times mag nightmare mirror but after blending well no need for primer. I saw it was very yellow in tube and when I was applying I used the Light shade. It did however melt in with my skin and was quite nice and I could very minimally notice my sunspots on the side of my face/cheek but nothing too visible...I did touch up lightly w/my concealer, set with a dusting of a light bronzer and as said in another post that pop of bright pink blush over my bronzer to offset any yellow that may be there but really didn't see once on. I use a powder bronzer every day anyway for a tad of color. I like it for days I am not in sun much. I will use a SS mineral and I use a lot of it when it will be sunny.

PS: I used Dr. Jart's Premium BB cream yesterday just to compare these 2 as I knew Jart's it had pretty good coverage from using before - it was about as nice as It's, a but less coverage but the color was neutral and melted into my skin perfectly ..think that BB spf is 45? honestly it is kind of close to this but with zero yellow! good coverage and cheaper. Like both. But did have to conceal a bit more with Jart's..not much though! i do it all the time with all foundations and BB's!

Please don't tell me I've made a grammatical error...I hunt and peck - it's only a message board :)!

Sherrie081365808738.257599 PostsRegistered 4/18/2008

Gazelle77, can you please tell me the difference between the Light and Medium. I have Light but I don't find it to be yellow. I am Light/Medium. What is the undertone of the Medium, is it neutral, pink. yellow, peach? I think Medium would be too dark for me but like you I might be a better match by mixing the two.

Daysdee1365809097.47718791 PostsRegistered 1/23/2007
On 4/12/2013 Mar5775 said:

Thanks for your take on this and glad you liked "It" lol. My skin is dry and I am 56

I used it the other day, wore all day, gave full coverage like a foundation w/full coverage I felt. At 1st I felt I needed a primer looking into my 10 times mag nightmare mirror but after blending well no need for primer. I saw it was very yellow in tube and when I was applying I used the Light shade. It did however melt in with my skin and was quite nice and I could very minimally notice my sunspots on the side of my face/cheek but nothing too visible...I did touch up lightly w/my concealer, set with a dusting of a light bronzer and as said in another post that pop of bright pink blush over my bronzer to offset any yellow that may be there but really didn't see once on. I use a powder bronzer every day anyway for a tad of color. I like it for days I am not in sun much. I will use a SS mineral and I use a lot of it when it will be sunny.

PS: I used Dr. Jart's Premium BB cream yesterday just to compare these 2 as I knew Jart's it had pretty good coverage from using before - it was about as nice as It's, a but less coverage but the color was neutral and melted into my skin perfectly ..think that BB spf is 45? honestly it is kind of close to this but with zero yellow! good coverage and cheaper. Like both. But did have to conceal a bit more with Jart's..not much though! i do it all the time with all foundations and BB's!

So do you prefer Dr. Jart's or consider them pretty much equal? I bought the IT in Light, but not sure if I could have used the Fair which I normally buy in foundations. It seemed to be a pretty good shade for me (the light). I am using it for the first time today. I used blush and a light dusting of the IT powder. So far I think it is good. Wish I could have compared the 2 shades--fair and light, but hate to order another one and have to do a return. Makes the cost too high. (I wore 1.2 Fairly Light when I wore BE)

rebel1365809380.35448 PostsRegistered 4/27/2007

thanks for the review.

i just ordered the fair and am waiting for it.

i also wore 1.2 or fairly light in BE.

i have my fingers crossed that it won't be too pale on me.

45, Fair, dry, sensitive skin, DSPW, yellow and neutral undertones, Cannot use "cones" high in ingred. deck, natural blonde wavy hair, blue eyes

Hooty1365809532.71318463 PostsRegistered 9/4/2006~Sweet Home Alabama~

I haven't received mine yet, I ordered the medium, I hope it works, because I don't want to have to order another color!

Daysdee1365818681.6118791 PostsRegistered 1/23/2007
On 4/12/2013 rebel said:

thanks for the review.

i just ordered the fair and am waiting for it.

i also wore 1.2 or fairly light in BE.

i have my fingers crossed that it won't be too pale on me.

Let me know if it's too pale. I got Light and "seems" okay, but would be nice to compare with Fair, but I didn't want to order both and return one. (Would cost too much to keep both, I think.)

rebel1365852172.415448 PostsRegistered 4/27/2007

i will check back in, even if i have to start a new thread.

i saw where it shipped. i will be leaving for vacation the end of the week so i might not get a chance to review until after.

i have the light in the O2 and the color is off. i really should have sent it back. it is not horrible but not great. i liked the formulation though and try to make it work. since many say the O2 and CC are similar i didn't think that light would work for me.

so i tried the fair. i am not pale as a ghost though so we shall see......

45, Fair, dry, sensitive skin, DSPW, yellow and neutral undertones, Cannot use "cones" high in ingred. deck, natural blonde wavy hair, blue eyes

Mar57751366011759.9232353 PostsRegistered 10/11/2006Broomall, PA not to far from the Q
On 4/12/2013 Daysdee said:
On 4/12/2013 Mar5775 said:

So do you prefer Dr. Jart's or consider them pretty much equal? I bought the IT in Light, but not sure if I could have used the Fair which I normally buy in foundations. It seemed to be a pretty good shade for me (the light). I am using it for the first time today. I used blush and a light dusting of the IT powder. So far I think it is good. Wish I could have compared the 2 shades--fair and light, but hate to order another one and have to do a return. Makes the cost too high. (I wore 1.2 Fairly Light when I wore BE)

I like both. Honestly..both just have a different texture/color, It is thicker one Jart is creamy but not as thick. I feel 'It' will give me more spf coverage as I apply a good amount...plus it feels thick going on like a mineral SS so this is great! not heavy feeling though when on the face and again 'Its' CC has yellow base. Dr. Jarts Premium can go with fair to light skin tones it is forgiving....it's a neutral beige, looks kind of light but works well looks nice on my skin...on of those creams that goes with many skin tone types! I think it's more of a med to slightly full foundation as it covers so well. I'm lining both in diff ways...but do go over the face if I see spots on both products. If you can sample it (not sure if Sephora in store carries it) please sample! my older skin looks nice in it.

I would keep it if it works for you...nothing worse than a pale looking face - that is why i use a foundation a tad darker ..just a little. This CC cream for me at 1st i felt was omgosghh to light! but no it was fine. It's CC in light I think is like Jart's...forgiving!

I hope you like "IT!" and think the fair would be Casper pale...I do since Light worked. I'll check back to see how it goes with you--if you update.

Please don't tell me I've made a grammatical error...I hunt and peck - it's only a message board :)!

dperry1366025910.4331758 PostsRegistered 12/13/2008On the Chesapeake Bay, MD

I have been wearing mine in light for two days. I usually wear BE fairly light and ordered the light in this. It is a little darker than I expected, but as the previous poster mentioned looking pale and pasty is worse. Once the color is on me it looks very nice and smooth. It covers all of my imperfections and it lasted beautifully all day with no color change. I wear Dr. Denese's hydrosheild serum and mally's primer and it goes on nice and smooth. I am 47 and now have dry skin so I need the extra moisture. I just ordered the It bye bye concealer in light/medium as everyone seems to like it. I hope it is a good match. I was using bobbi brown's concealer and I did not like it it caked and made me look older so I am glad that I finished it.

PS-I would really recommend trying the it cc cream if you are on the fence it is worth it.

perryp1366026354.143238 PostsRegistered 10/25/2007
On 4/15/2013 dperry said:

I have been wearing mine in light for two days. I usually wear BE fairly light and ordered the light in this. It is a little darker than I expected, but as the previous poster mentioned looking pale and pasty is worse. Once the color is on me it looks very nice and smooth. It covers all of my imperfections and it lasted beautifully all day with no color change. I wear Dr. Denese's hydrosheild serum and mally's primer and it goes on nice and smooth. I am 47 and now have dry skin so I need the extra moisture. I just ordered the It bye bye concealer in light/medium as everyone seems to like it. I hope it is a good match. I was using bobbi brown's concealer and I did not like it it caked and made me look older so I am glad that I finished it.

PS-I would really recommend trying the it cc cream if you are on the fence it is worth it.

Thanks for this eval...now I'm interested as you addressed the same issues I have.

But what do you do for an SPF? OH! It's got SPF 50...Great!

Last edited on 4/15/2013

Last edited on 4/15/2013

Hooty1366052426.6218463 PostsRegistered 9/4/2006~Sweet Home Alabama~

I just got my It CC cream in the mail today, and tried it on immediately! I did not realize it did not have moisturizer in it, so I did not apply beforehand, but the Medium is the perfect color for me, and I think the next time I use it, with moisturizer, it will do much better! ETA: great coverage, IMO!

Majick551366059762.1531328 PostsRegistered 11/17/2005

I bought the light and medium because I'm right on that line. I ordered the O2 foundation and I think the colors are the same.

I put the light on one side of my face and the medium on the other - there wasn't that much difference but the lighter side definitely looked "brighter" and the side that was a little darker made me look kind of tired.

That said, I do think I will need the medium shade this summer even though I wear sunscreen. I am light to medium complexion with yellow undertones and pink cheeks.

I use this over moisturizer but I don't think I would use a primer with it. I thought the whole idea of BB and CC creams is that you don't need the primer. And, when I use my Too Faced BB cream - sometimes I use that as the primer and put a little foundation over it when needed.

Mar57751366078511.922353 PostsRegistered 10/11/2006Broomall, PA not to far from the Q

can't wait to try Smashbox's new CC cream lol! It's out now in stores...[Ulta]. I hear it has good coverage like It's, but runs darker. Smashbox offers a light-medium, I like that, wish more did that.

I need another BB, CC, TM and foundation like a hole in the head!

rebel1366132828.325448 PostsRegistered 4/27/2007

just swatched the fair on my hand i think it will be perfect!!!!!

i will try it tomorrow.

it melted right into my hand and disappeared.

it does not appear to be too light.

santorini1366133714.0536988 PostsRegistered 1/26/2007

I bought the fair and the light and I'm amazed that they BOTH work!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I really like this foundation. I'm glad the packaging is plastic and not glass (like Lancome). Makes it much easier to pack for a trip.

LuvLife1366294656.953161 PostsRegistered 5/17/2007

I think this is a keeper for me. I have tried many of the lines QVC sells and this is the only one I've received compliments on. I had lunch yesterday with friends I hadn't seen since Christmas and one of them said "your complexion is so beautiful". She was attributing it to my weight loss and exerise lifestyle. But it was really the IT CC cream because I've been living the same healthy lifestyle for over two years. I had on the CC cream in medium, IT bye bye pores finishing powder and Tarte 12 hour blush. I have the 02 foundation by IT but I think I like this much better. Glad I got it on auto-delivery.

Pro2111366300045.84797 PostsRegistered 2/8/2012
I have been wearing mine for a couple days too. Really nice coverage for a cc cream . I ordered the medium and its a great match for me. I see a few people using a primer and moisturizer with it . I don't use anything but the cc cream as its supposed to be a primer , serum , moisturizer all in one kind of thing.

Page 1 of 1