Occasional Contributor

Confused horribly about hair

HI everyone! Im new here, but I have been reading posts for awhile and finally joined to reply to some but unfortunately they were closed (old posts).

I have read so many things about Keratin, protein treatments, etc. and i struggled with finding what worked for me and how to mend my horrible, thin, broken, fragile, mushy hair (from too many bleachings in a short period of time). {#emotions_dlg.mad} From November 2012 til Jan/Feb of 2013 at most, I bleached my hair over 10 times. I had it in my mind to go from dark brown to platinum and well, I reached that goal, however I ruined my hair in the process. Not but a little either. I have areas where my hair has broken off almost to my scalp; the top crown has hairs that are like Alf Alfa and wont lay down from breakage. When I dry my hair even on medium heat, I look like a poodle (regardless of whatever heat protectant I use). I have tried just about EVERYTHING (and I stress EVERYTHING) on the market that says for "dry, damaged, brittle, hair." Rather its a keratin shampoo, leave-in, protectant, moisturizing conditioners, home remedies....you name it. all 4 Sally's know me by NAME. The local CVS hates me because I am their most returned product customer. I am at my wits end. I have tried a weave - which didnt help AT ALL. I am currently wearing wigs during the working hours only and not everyday.

I want to know: When will I know I have too much keratin? My hair is already a dry brittle mess from lack of moisture so that "sign" doesnt help me at all. This past week I tried the Aphogee 2 step treatment and that didnt really help at all - seemed like it made it worse. By worse I mean, before the treatment my hair was super soft when wet (spongy). After the treatment, it felt very rough but not dry rough (I know the difference). I kept on with the treatment, then did the 3 minute miracle moisturizer then added my own moisture conditioner to the ends like I always do. It did NOT work for my hair. about 3-4 days later I tried the at home remedy of eggs/olive oil. THAT did nothing for it either. So does this mean I have reached my max load for keratin right now?

I figured I did, and that I should focus on just using a moisturizing conditioner instead of my keratin. I am so sick and tired of dealing with my hair. I keep myself together but i literally want to bawl my eyes out everytime I see my hair. I went from beautiful dark rich chocolate LONG hair that was decently thinkish....to super thin dullish brown that you would see on an old lady that has been battling hair loss. I am 2 seconds away from chopping it all off and getting a bob cut (but I am chubby and that look would NOT work well with me. Yes I have wigs but they do give me headaches since I am not used to wearing things on my head for this long).

Any thoughts would be super beneficial....I read TONS of reviews, forums, etc and even posted on some but no one ever replied. So I am hoping I will get more answers and a friendlier crowd here. Smiley Happy

Before mass destruction:

Hair Before Mass destruction

AFTER mass destruction and before 1/4 trim

Hair after destruction