Just-Reduced Clearance
151 Members and 11629 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Skinn CC Cream? Bright Side Serum?

Started 1365262715.417 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1365285637.993 by aprilskies

I'd love opinions on these, please. First of all, what is the CC product like? And is it something you would buy again? What kind of coverage is it? And importantly how dark is the medium, and how forgiving is the color? I'm pretty fair, but since that's not an option, I'm actually considering the TTV in the medium.

How are the other items in the kit? I gather everyone loves the cleansers, but I wouldn't spend $50 just for the cleansers. I won't try the orchid gel.... many years ago I tried his daisy gel and it caused cystic acne. So that leaves the bright side. What results have you all had with this?

Help me decide, please! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Page 1 of 1
JustWantBe­autifulSkinn1365264373.4771324 PostsRegistered 11/13/2005

the consistanvy is VERY creamy

full coverage

and goes on nice, smooth & easily (no tugging)

AND you can safely mix it with an spf (which I just did) for the SUNBLOCK protection AND to lighten it up a bit

(i am medium BUT it was orangy AND not a TRUE medium for me anyway - so I have the dark WHICH is fine BECAUSE I do add an spf tinited sunblock)

CLEANSERS are FAN TAS TIC using since 2/2009

Orchad (sp) Gel - I tired BUT do not use - (i don't like AND don't want to layer product ontop of product ontop of product)

For me DAY: face & eye serum AND a makeup WITH spf OR makeup & add a bit of spf DONE!!!

the BRIGHT SIDE - this will be the 1st time I am trying it - I've tried a TON of lightening products AND IPL's AND peels for my malasma AND nothing but a lightening up

THESE I will use at night UNDER the Stem Regen serum

itsMe1365265024.2233605 PostsRegistered 5/1/2008Sunny South Florida

Thanks so much for your reply, JustWantBeautifulSkinn! It sounds like you're a bit like me... you like a simple routine!

Orangy doesn't sound good. I could try mixing it with my EltaMD SPF 41, which is tinted, but the tint on the EltaMD is plenty dark for me.

JBinRWC1365266049.598368 PostsRegistered 1/26/2008Northern CA

itsMe, I have the same dilemna with the shade. Should have bought the Light last night and wondering if the Medium will work. Well, I have a bottle of the Light that I got a few months ago in a kit. The shade is not all that light but it works perfectly for my skin. I like the texture and the feel. Coverage is quite light on me, not full coverage at all. I haven't been using it regularly but did try it this morning so I could decide on Medium. I won't be ordering the TTV.

out of con­trol1365266294.283258 PostsRegistered 11/22/2007

Hi it's me!!! I ordered the medium because he said that it really covers a wide range of skin shades. He also said that if it is a little too dark to add a small amount of the brightening cream and it will be perfect. I have never tried his products, but I broke the bank today and hope I love them like so many other people!

58 yr. old with menopausal, but normal skin, not sensitive. Brown hair with highlights and green eyes.

Amaly1365266315.063465 PostsRegistered 8/23/2008so cali

His BB cream runs dark so I ordered the light in the CC cream. It is not full coverage and he tells you that, but I don't like a mask look so I don't use a full coverage. I have tried a lot of drugstore BB creams and prefer Garnier the best. You might try that if your not going to use the other products.

gatorgal251365266438.232977 PostsRegistered 6/3/2007

I'll chime in and say that I don't find the CC cream to be full coverage. On weekend, it's enough for me for errands and the gym, but during the week, I usually layer some type of either mineral or pressed foundation for more coverage. I can't wait to try the bright side.

Funloving1365266566.0837971 PostsRegistered 3/4/2007

In my quest for the best BB creams, I've found the majority & ones I truly like give a medium to full coverage... moreso than a tinted moisturizer. I sheer them out for a medium coverage. Sorry I don't know about this one. I usually like Skinn products- especially the foundation which comes in 3 small jars. I can highly recommend Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream.

-By grace alone through faith alone-

Funloving1365266721.4037971 PostsRegistered 3/4/2007

Sorry. Thought you were taking about BB creams rather than CC cream. I was referring to the plasma foundation above.

-By grace alone through faith alone-

itsMe1365268972.8873605 PostsRegistered 5/1/2008Sunny South Florida
On 4/6/2013 JBinRWC said:

itsMe, I have the same dilemna with the shade. Should have bought the Light last night and wondering if the Medium will work. Well, I have a bottle of the Light that I got a few months ago in a kit. The shade is not all that light but it works perfectly for my skin. I like the texture and the feel. Coverage is quite light on me, not full coverage at all. I haven't been using it regularly but did try it this morning so I could decide on Medium. I won't be ordering the TTV.

Thanks JBinRWC. That's helpful. Disappointing, but helpful! LOL!!

itsMe1365269070.3573605 PostsRegistered 5/1/2008Sunny South Florida
On 4/6/2013 out of control said:

Hi it's me!!! I ordered the medium because he said that it really covers a wide range of skin shades. He also said that if it is a little too dark to add a small amount of the brightening cream and it will be perfect. I have never tried his products, but I broke the bank today and hope I love them like so many other people!

Thanks out of control! I am tempted!!!

itsMe1365269478.233605 PostsRegistered 5/1/2008Sunny South Florida
On 4/6/2013 truckwidow said:

His BB cream runs dark so I ordered the light in the CC cream. It is not full coverage and he tells you that, but I don't like a mask look so I don't use a full coverage. I have tried a lot of drugstore BB creams and prefer Garnier the best. You might try that if your not going to use the other products.

Thanks truckwidow. I also don't use full coverage. I'd like to try some of the other products in the kit, but the CC cream is what would make it worth the price. Thanks for the suggestion on tbe BB creams.

itsMe1365270288.3433605 PostsRegistered 5/1/2008Sunny South Florida
On 4/6/2013 DMC said:

I'll chime in and say that I don't find the CC cream to be full coverage. On weekend, it's enough for me for errands and the gym, but during the week, I usually layer some type of either mineral or pressed foundation for more coverage. I can't wait to try the bright side.

Thanks DMC. I don't want full coverage, so that works for me. Just the color is a concern. I appreciate your input!

gazelle771365270570.2078175 PostsRegistered 3/1/2013

Since they sold out of the LIGHT in the kit--- they are PUSHING THE MEDIUM. I would not get it unless you want a darker color. I usually order the light in this line as his medium is dark. I heard Demetri say to add some cream in the kit to the medium to lighten it.... I think he is only wanting to sell this kit out since they did not make enough of the light and they are desperate to say anything to get you to buy the medium or dark kit.

~~Always remember--
You're braver than you believe
And stronger than you seem
And smarter than you think~
~Pooh

itsMe1365271753.3873605 PostsRegistered 5/1/2008Sunny South Florida
On 4/6/2013 Funloving said:

In my quest for the best BB creams, I've found the majority & ones I truly like give a medium to full coverage... moreso than a tinted moisturizer. I sheer them out for a medium coverage. Sorry I don't know about this one. I usually like Skinn products- especially the foundation which comes in 3 small jars. I can highly recommend Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream.

Thanks funloving. I appreciate that you chimed in. I've heard good things about the Missha Perfect Cover. I use their eye brightener (it's okay...non irritating to my sensitive skin) and their eyebrow pencil, which I really like.

itsMe1365271755.4173605 PostsRegistered 5/1/2008Sunny South Florida
On 4/6/2013 Funloving said:

Thanks funloving. I appreciate that you chimed in. I've heard good things about the Missha Perfect Cover. I use their eye brightener (it's okay...non irritating to my sensitive skin) and their eyebrow pencil, which I really like.

pickles1231365271924.587572 PostsRegistered 10/23/2012

I did buy the medium and I am a light (I wish you girls would have saved me one). I think the kit is worth the price and I hope I can lighten the medium. If not I will give it to my daughter.

itsMe1365271982.7433605 PostsRegistered 5/1/2008Sunny South Florida
On 4/6/2013 gazelle77 said:

Since they sold out of the LIGHT in the kit--- they are PUSHING THE MEDIUM. I would not get it unless you want a darker color. I usually order the light in this line as his medium is dark. I heard Demetri say to add some cream in the kit to the medium to lighten it.... I think he is only wanting to sell this kit out since they did not make enough of the light and they are desperate to say anything to get you to buy the medium or dark kit.

Thanks gazelle. I agree, they are really pushing the medium. I'd really like to try the other products, but may pass. I appreciate your input!

itsMe1365272062.2573605 PostsRegistered 5/1/2008Sunny South Florida

Hi pickles. I hope you love the kit! Lucky you to have a daughter to share it with!

rina331365274411.7774631 PostsRegistered 6/17/2008
On 4/6/2013 JustWantBeautifulSkinn said:

@JWBS,

I read your post and went to the SNBC website.

Two 4 oz. cleaners for $29.75. Is that the sale?

I haven't watched Dimitri in a while, but I thought the "special" was the 8 oz. Isn't the 4 oz. the "regular" size?

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

KittyLouWho1365275276.9826542 PostsRegistered 1/11/2006
On 4/6/2013 gazelle77 said:

That kind of annoys me really. There's no way that the medium is going to work for me. I can wear the light, but the light is very much like a medium in others. Dimitri knows that his CC cream runs dark - he even said so during the visit (a few ago) where the CC cream was part of the TTV. That's why I ordered the light. Dimitri is not saying that the orchid gel is also tinted - that would mean 2 of the products that I can't use (plus I think the orchid gel might smother my skin). I missed the light in today's TTV so I'm not ordering.

"You make me feel like I've been locked out of heaven, for too long, for too long"
Bruno Mars

KittyLouWho1365275376.37726542 PostsRegistered 1/11/2006
On 4/6/2013 rina33 said:
On 4/6/2013 JustWantBeautifulSkinn said:

@JWBS,

I read your post and went to the SNBC website.

Two 4 oz. cleaners for $29.75. Is that the sale?

I haven't watched Dimitri in a while, but I thought the "special" was the 8 oz. Isn't the 4 oz. the "regular" size?

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I'm not JWBS but can tell you that the 4oz. is the regular size, and that's the regular price for the 2.

The 8oz. duo is part of the TTV, that's the special.

"You make me feel like I've been locked out of heaven, for too long, for too long"
Bruno Mars

itsMe1365277175.053605 PostsRegistered 5/1/2008Sunny South Florida

Hi Kitty, Thanks for responding. It's very annoying that they had so little product in Light. I think they should bring this back at this price for all of us who were left out. Of course, that's unlikely! :( {#emotions_dlg.mad}

cynthe1365278341.47357 PostsRegistered 2/23/2011

itsMe, I feel the same way. This is a TTV and this morning when the first show aired, the light was already sold out! I think they should take advance orders.

aprilskies1365285637.994619 PostsRegistered 7/26/2005
On 4/6/2013 cynthe said:

itsMe, I feel the same way. This is a TTV and this morning when the first show aired, the light was already sold out! I think they should take advance orders.

I caught that and I didnt understand how they could of been selling out so fast in light. I guess they thought more people would go for the med or something. That was very strange. I thought I wasnt going to get a light and I was watching a little after 11 last night. Poor planning.

Page 1 of 1