Shoes & Handbags Offers
132 Members and 11968 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Hair color help! Low lights too dark!

Started 1363916011.957 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1363922768.803 by feline fine
replies

I had some low lights put in my blonde hair too add dimension and it was too much!

it looks too dark and flat! I know the color will fade, should I just shampoo my hair a lot?

A friend said it will fade in a few weeks? Any suggestions??

Page 1 of 1
luvmypupz13639163724991 PostsRegistered 8/30/2010By the Sea Shore
I did that once and ended up just having more highlights put back in the next time and that took care of it.

"I confronted the fact that I was not only talking to a dog, but answering for one." - Claire Cook, Must Love Dogs

Pak51431363916496.537640 PostsRegistered 10/28/2010Michigan

I would call the salon & tell them you're not happy with the color. Perhaps the hairdresser can do something to lighten them, although the color usually fades after a while. I'd give it a week & shampoo your hair a lot, but the salon usually will only do something about it within a week. I heard using Head & Shoulders or Pert shampoo will help lighten things up. I've even heard that you can use Dawn dishwashing detergent. Sometimes it just takes a little time to get used to the new look. Good Luck!

pinkberry1363916935.76884 PostsRegistered 11/28/2007

I have had lowlights come out too dark in the past and at first I have hated it, but then ended up liking it a lot once it faded some. To help it fade quicker, just shampoo a lot. Try Prell because it's a strong detergent shampoo. Neutrogena and Suave also make strong anti-residue clarifying shampoos. I've even heard you can use liquid dishwashing detergent. If it's very ashy, you can buy a gold color-depositing conditioner to warm up the color. Redken makes a good one, comes in a yellow bottle.

Good4u1363917300.9133172 PostsRegistered 1/12/2008USA - Midwest

Be careful using strong sulfated shampoos...remember you already have your hair processed and to add a drying agent like sulfated shampoos may cause it to look worse than just having too dark low lights. Just let it fade naturally, you can live with it.

Beauty is ALWAYS before age...(Dorthy Parker misquoted intentionally)
Light-golden warm skin tone (dry side), olive-green eyes, medium brunette: Dominant Color season - Warm Autumn.

chickenmoo1363917649.4432067 PostsRegistered 6/8/2012Outside of Buffalo,NY
Eek! Dont shampoo or use dishwashing detergent...you'll totally wreck your hair! This happened to me several times cuz I'm dumb lol and couldnt say no to a hairdresser. Def go back and get highlights....maybe have them toned too with a warm, demi permanent gloss...and follow with a deep conditioning treatment. Next time, have them balliage--paint the lows on--with a demi permanent color no darker than an 8...and make it warm or neutral...never let them do low lights in foil! Foil bad!haha Seriously, this is what my hairdresser does...and i came to him with major low light trauma...Now, i actually ask for low lights--i would have never imagined that would be me!lol

~Love my Leonberger~

dsky1363921516.2671055 PostsRegistered 1/3/2009

Lowlights in blonde hair, a tricky request because usually the darker hue is hard to get used to, and the lowlights are either too flat, (ash, or muddy), or too warm (orange). I cringe when someone asks for them because I know all too well that they will want their blonde back asap. So my advice is to either be patient and wash with a clarifying shampoo to life some color out, then if it looks too drab shampoo with a blonde enhancing color shampoo in a gold shade. If around your face needs the blond back just ask your hairdresser to add some blonde slices around your face, just about six will do to make you feel blonder again.

Mumof21363921716.097861 PostsRegistered 1/5/2007

Every time I get a few low-lights I feel that way, but then in less than two weeks, I've already forgotten about it. The low lights just seem so drastic at first.

feline fine1363922768.8033178 PostsRegistered 9/4/2012where Phillies fans rule

Hairdressers are more than happy to "corrective color" at no charge.

Instead of freaking out, just call them and schedule an appointment. 8-)

Last edited on 3/21/2013

Last edited on 3/21/2013

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." ~ Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 1