Creede Silver Sale
62 Members and 11079 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Inner corners of eyes--Whole lotta darkness going on :(

Started 1363187594.52 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1363224526.267 by UMTerpFan

I don't know what more to do... I have super-pale skin, and the inner corners of my eyes--like right next to my nose--are sporting super-darkness. I use Bobbi Brown corrector and top with Laura Gellar Real Deal concealer, and set it with ELf Hd eye powder...but you can still see *serious* shadows there...especially during the day at work under the fluorescent lights.

My under eye area looks pretty good...little bit of darkness in the corner there, but it's really the areas on either side of my nose that's just ridiculously shadowy :( I carry a highlighter pen at work to try to lighten it, but it doesn't do much...I just wind up with lighter, but still scary shadows.lol I even avoid grey or dark shadows now to try to keep any darkness away from the eye area.

I'm stumped...I have no clue what more to do.

I'm totally open to makeup suggestions and eye treatment ideas from everyone. Maybe someone has a good technique they want to share...or a great concealer I haven't tried?? I just know that I'm at my wits end what to do....

~CM

~Love my Leonberger~

Page 1 of 1
4doggies1363188670.3033501 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Sounds like you need an eye brightener to use in the inner corners. Trish McEvoy makes a great eye brightener, it's totally matte pale pink and it's for use at the inside corner of the eye, but I use it under my brows as well. A cheaper alternative is the NYX Milk pencil, a white matte cream. It does an equally good job, but I think the Trish McEvoy one looks a little more natural and seems to go on smoother.

imaclothes­hog1363189215.4721800 PostsRegistered 2/12/2006

Sometimes this isn't just cosmetic, you may have a vitamin deficiency.

"If you can't make it better, you can laugh at it". ~Erma Bombeck

annabellet­hecat1363189823.6614113 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006

OK, I actually got up off of my fanny to get this from my bathroom to make sure I told you the right stuff! You can probably see a Video of Mally telling how to use this product! It only takes maybe a little larger than a pin/maybe small nail size on each eye. It would last forever! It will bring out your eyes. It is Mally's PERFECT PREP under eye brightner (I use Lighter)! OK, so if you watch the evening news on NBC Brian what's his name uses this stuff. He has deepset eyes. If you look closely you will notice that he has a lightner around his eyes. Kind of like a mask. That is to bing out his eyes. Even if you don't have deep set eyes (I don't) I still use it. Put it in the corners around the inside bridge of your nose. Tiny, tiny bit and spread it out. I sat and watched Mally make up Sharon Fetch (Host) during Christmas Day. She took Sharon (who is beautiful without makeup) from not a drop of makeup to being fully made up. It was very interesting and I learned a lot from it. Everything I use in my life (pretty much) I just purchase from QVC and HSN (just esier. Remember, a tiny, tiny drop goes a long way. Mally (and others) say the darkness is caused from a shadow from the bridge of your nose. Just lighten it up. You don't have anything to loose as you can send it back from QVC. Good luck.

chickenmoo1363197548.9932071 PostsRegistered 6/8/2012Outside of Buffalo,NY

Thanks girls...I'm going to see what Trish has in her line that might work...that brigtener sounds very neat!

Hey Rochester!! Fancy meeting you here!lol I guess this is one problem Wen can't fix!lol I used to use arnica....I'll have to try that again...I don't know why I forgot about it{#emotions_dlg.lol}lol

Thanks for the info on Mally's prep...I think I might see about that as well. I had the one she makes in the clicker pen, but I didn't like the color on my super-pale, whiter than white skin...I haven't tried the one in the pot and I read on the Mally board that it is a bit different than the pen one, so that might be an option... I'll have to check out her demo videos on her site again too--maybe I'll get an idea of where else I can add light to cancel out these horrible dark spots.

Didn't realize how sleep deprived I am too..I think I better turn in early for a while too and see if it helps.(No late night banter on the Wen forum for a while haha)

Thanks so much girls!! I'll post again when I get these things under control

~Love my Leonberger~

laurelei1363211486.137400 PostsRegistered 5/28/2012

Hi Chickenmoo. I have the same problem you do. My dark circles are hereditary but are getting darker as I get older (almost 57). Here's what minimizes the appearance of my dark circles--I use Olay Touch of concealer eye cream under the eyes and in the corners where the darkness is. Like you, I don't have darkness under my eyes, just in the inner corners. After the Olay cream sets, I apply a primer just to the dark area. Right now, I have the Smashbox undereye primer which I got a sample but face primers will work just as well. Let that set, then I apply IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye concealer. I use a small dense brush to apply it in a stippling fashion and then blend lightly with the brush. The brush I use is the ELF contour brush. I actually like it better than the IT brush that came with the concealer. Then, I set it with a small amount of loose mineral makeup which I gently press on with an eye shadow brush. One of my eyes has more darkness, so I then apply a small bit of the IT concealer over the mineral makeup.

I know this sounds like a lot of steps, but it really is quick and I do other parts of my makeup routine while things set. I like the Bye Bye Undereye concealer because it gives excellent coverage and the color (neutral medium) isn't orange on me. This is the best I've found and I've tried many, but I can't say my darkness completely disappears but it is much improved.

Good luck and let us know what works for you!

Laurel

4doggies1363216546.3873501 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Annabelle, isn't the Mally product colorless? It appears to be on her You Tube tutorial. I'm curious about this, but I don't see how a colorless product would address very dark lids or inner corners. Is there a version that has color? There are many Mally Eye Prep's on ebay, but they all appear to be cream that goes on clear.

KatCat11363216863.4617046 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011

For a quick fix try mixing a full coverage concealer with the white pens (Stila has one) together and set w/finishing powder. I tried BB's corrector/concealer and did not care for it as it was way too creamy and did not last. Stila has a great concealer or Tarte Amazonian Clay concealer.

Then do some research on the Internet about lightening the corners of your eyes with a product. Good luck to you.

Helen Bach1363219179.552619 PostsRegistered 10/20/2009

the only thing that has ever worked for me is cle de peau correcteur/concealer in Beige.

I have tried everything

glmama1363220276.8619740 PostsRegistered 12/8/2006

I have this, too, and it's a relatively recent discovery. {#emotions_dlg.scared} I've also realized that I've begun to look a bit hollow under the eyes!{#emotions_dlg.scared} Good times!{#emotions_dlg.crying}

I have Mally's Undereye Brightener and I DON'T love it. I don't hate it, but it is a bit gloopy. And you only need the tiniest bit of product and it's hard to apply, at least for me.

Over 40. Dark hair. Fair, with mild-moderate Rosacea. Finicky skin. Did I mention--Gorgeous? ;)

sharon8181363220317.613262 PostsRegistered 10/16/2011Everett, WA

For inner eye darkness, first increase the amount of water you drink. I've been told by several mds (including naturopaths) that the darkness there is an indication of dehydration.

If the darkness is blue-based (looks dark purple) then use a salmon colored correction either with your concealer and highlighter or instead of a concealer. Judith August has an Orange creme which is exactly right...Paula Dorf & Eve Pearl have specific salmon concealers and Benefit's Erase Paste in medium is also salmon/peach based.

I found that nothing would cover my blue vein under my eye - until I tried using a salmon/peach/orange base. It cancels blue/violet.

Try it at one of the cosmetic counters and see if it helps...that way you'll know before wasting your money on just one more item that didn't work.

nodecaf1363221847.4272481 PostsRegistered 4/15/2007Pinelands

I'm dealing with the same issue daily!

I'm having these thoughts that LATISSE is to be blamed for it! Not 100% sure...

My routine:

(BTW, I'm NW20 in MAC shade)

Step 1 - Girogio Armani Corrector shade #1 (pink)

Step 2 - It Cosmetics Bye Bye Concealer shade Medium-Neutral

Step 3 -ELF brightening powder ($3)

Step 4 - a bright inner tear duct highlighting eye shadow or pencil (any shimmery white/beige e/s should do )

GL!

Last edited on 3/13/2013

Last edited on 3/13/2013

“The first wealth is health.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

lovesrecess1363222103.52713721 PostsRegistered 7/14/2008Texas

I also love Mally's eye brightener; I use it in the inner corners of my eyes but also right below the eye and outer corner; it blends in instantly and doesn't settle into any fine lines. Best I have found for this!

Lexys Mom1363222362.377418 PostsRegistered 3/1/2013

ChickenMoo - Have you ever heard of "Well Rested" by Bare Minerals? It's a powder concealer that does not settle into any lines. You don't have to give up what you are using, but you can put this on TOP of what you are using. I use this on top on my Clinique concealer and it covers any bit of darkeness that the concealer doesn't hide! I't 18.00 for a small pot, but the pot will last you a long time because you just need a very little amount....Try it! I think this may be your solution!!!

UMTerpFan1363224526.2671694 PostsRegistered 3/26/2010

I suggest a good eye cream for darkness and a correcting eye primer such as Trish McEvoy Eye Base Essentials Shadow primer or Urban Decay's Primer in Eden. I have a similar problem except it is my entire eye area. So if you can neuralize the color to make it look like natural skin color, it will look a whole lot better.

Page 1 of 1