TSV(R) Preview
46 Members and 12781 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

New Vaseline Spray-On Body Lotion

Started 1362207728.967 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1363258489.317 by marky

I was in Target tonight and they had a display of a new product...Vaseline Spray on body lotion...in 3 different formulas. The can looks just like spray on suntan lotion...but it was like $5.66 for a can and I know I would go thru it in 2-3 days. I love my body lotion.

I think it would be great for travel tho.

Has anyone tried this yet?

the key to looking younger, is to stand next to someone who looks older than you...get the heck away from me!!!
--------------------------------------------------

Page 1 of 1
KatCat11362208161.26717152 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011

I have not tried it but I am a fan of regular Vaseline and always will be. It's great for chapped lips. It great for removing any eye makeup under the lower lashes and keeps the skin taut. I don't care if it comes from oil bins. I know it processed to be safe for the public and hospitals use it all the time. I will look for this product the next time I am in Target. Thank you.

bizziebee0­071362208257.8073251 PostsRegistered 1/13/2010Philly Burbs

you're welcome! Smile

let me know if you like it!

the key to looking younger, is to stand next to someone who looks older than you...get the heck away from me!!!

mistriTsqu­irrel1362209392.58310647 PostsRegistered 7/17/2010Purgatory, USA

I have not used this product...but I have mixed body lotion with warm water in a spray bottle to apply it as a spray. You may want to try doing that...it would be cheaper.

Heartburn Can Cause Cancer -- www.ecan.org

lynnsy1362209767.6931019 PostsRegistered 8/29/2010

KatCat1.. have you tried, I think its called waxelene. vaseline without the petro oil stuff. All natural and made in usa.

KatCat11362213094.4117152 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011
On 3/2/2013 lynnsy said:

KatCat1.. have you tried, I think its called waxelene. vaseline without the petro oil stuff. All natural and made in usa.

lynnsy, no I have never heard of it, but I really do not have any problem with Vaseline. I have been using it since I was a kid and I am still here. I know that Josie Maran puts down Vaseline because she is trying to sell her products and her Infinity cream is priced too high for me considering it's only 2 oz. I appreciate your suggestion and thank you. I will look into waxelene and check it out though.

FallowedGr­ound1362233371.833815 PostsRegistered 12/19/2010
My daughter loves Vaseline products and will want to try it. Thanks! It's great for removing eye make up. I like the tip on diluting lotion for a spray bottle, thanks-- I use Jergens Ultra Healing. It's a very popular product around here.

JuicyFruit1362234015.5433354 PostsRegistered 9/5/2009

Yes, I just tried it this week. I do not think it will last long. It was much faster on a morning I was in more of a hurry. It moisturized "ok" - it is very light moisture - probably much better for the summer months. The can is hard to hold on to if you stop to rub a portion in and then continue. The can is too bulky for travel IMO. It is the size of many full size hairsprays. For shorter travel (a week or less) I gather up all of my small samples and off I go - OR take something that is almost empty that I could empty during the away time and then pitch the container on the last day.

AnnikaC1362240627.331003 PostsRegistered 4/26/2011

I tried it, and then tossed it. I found it to be messy--the sprayer wasn't consistent--ended up with some on my shower curtain! The moisturizing was just okay--not worth the hassle to me. Maybe it's just my ineptness, but I just didn't like it.

mistriTsqu­irrel1362269060.210647 PostsRegistered 7/17/2010Purgatory, USA
On 3/2/2013 El Paso QShopper said: I like the tip on diluting lotion for a spray bottle, thanks--

It works pretty well, but you may want to warm the bottle if you haven't just made the solution...it's kind of unpleasant to spray it on cold!! I warmed mine in a sink basin filled with warm water (or just ran the bottle under hot water), and then I figured out I could set it on the shower floor while I was showering and it would warm up a little bit that way.

These days I use a lotion applicator on my back and put lotion on the rest of my body the old-fashioned way...my skin is dryer than it used to be, and full-strength lotion feels better.

Last edited on 3/2/2013

Last edited on 3/2/2013

Deeby1362271238.4271076 PostsRegistered 6/9/2010Southern California

I wish there was a good spray for my back ! Will my back EVER stop itching !!!

FallowedGr­ound1362324413.897815 PostsRegistered 12/19/2010
Where can I get the lotion applicator for my back? That's something I need to look into. I can never moisturize my back enough!
On 3/2/2013 mistriTsquirrel said:
On 3/2/2013 El Paso QShopper said: I like the tip on diluting lotion for a spray bottle, thanks--

It works pretty well, but you may want to warm the bottle if you haven't just made the solution...it's kind of unpleasant to spray it on cold!! I warmed mine in a sink basin filled with warm water (or just ran the bottle under hot water), and then I figured out I could set it on the shower floor while I was showering and it would warm up a little bit that way.

These days I use a lotion applicator on my back and put lotion on the rest of my body the old-fashioned way...my skin is dryer than it used to be, and full-strength lotion feels better.

Last edited on 3/2/2013

expatgal1362326798.115539 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005

For me, anything with oil that sprays in my bathroom is a huge NO-NO! I'd have it all over my painted walls the first time I tried it.

mistriTsqu­irrel1362361330.810647 PostsRegistered 7/17/2010Purgatory, USA
On 3/3/2013 El Paso QShopper said:Where can I get the lotion applicator for my back? That's something I need to look into. I can never moisturize my back enough!
On 3/2/2013 mistriTsquirrel said:

Last edited on 3/2/2013

I bought the one below from Bed, Bath and Beyond. (I think you can also purchase them on Amazon.) If I remember correctly, it was about $10.

I'm on my second one. My first one broke after I filled it and screwed the roller part onto the handle part too tightly...so be sure not to do that.

squeezebox1362364156.055562 PostsRegistered 2/17/2008Land of oz!

Probably a duh question but does the lotion stay fresh in this Roll a Lotion? My back itches and drives me nuts! I have the ruler out all the time scratching and scratching!

A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.

mistriTsqu­irrel1362366122.93310647 PostsRegistered 7/17/2010Purgatory, USA
On 3/3/2013 squeezebox said:

Probably a duh question but does the lotion stay fresh in this Roll a Lotion? My back itches and drives me nuts! I have the ruler out all the time scratching and scratching!

I have not had any problem with the lotion drying out in mine; it comes with a clear plastic cover to put over the applicator surface between uses. I got sick of putting a little bit of lotion in it each time I use it, so I filled it with lotion. I haven't had any problems doing that.

It's good to wash it now and then though. One of the things I like about this type of lotion applicator is that it's easier to wash than the sponge-on-a-stick applicators.

bizziebee0­071363232930.9733251 PostsRegistered 1/13/2010Philly Burbs

oh wow...i love all these ideas. i never in a million years thought to dilute lotion with water in a spray bottle...very interesting and i am going to give it a try.

that lotion roller looks interesting too.

see, now i know why i left for so long...you guys are already bad for my budget!! lol

Gal1363253440.7171789 PostsRegistered 9/18/2007

For itchey skin, there are two products that I use that work great: One is by Neutregena and it is made with Seseme Oil - I've found at Wal-Mart,Walgreens and Target. The other is Eucerin Dry Skin Body Wash. I find this at Walgreens. Both are excellent products that work great.

marky1363258489.31925 PostsRegistered 1/6/2007
On 3/3/2013 squeezebox said:

I know that lotion will help with the itching but I still need a good back scratcher at times. Go to Bed Bath and Beyond---they have the best metal back scratcher imaginable. I think it cost 5.99 but you can use a coupon and it is retractable like a radio antenna. I have one at home and one in my purse. Very small profile and can be used discretely. I have even given them as gifts and everyone loves them!!

Page 1 of 1