Just-Reduced Clearance
123 Members and 10074 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Tria laser

Started 1360467174.017 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1360620652.693 by sueinsf

I just got the email about the Tria TSV coming up... I'm very tempted to get one as I had professional lasering done on my underarms and could use a touch up. For the price of the professional touch up treatment, I'd rather just put the money towards a Tria if it works.

Would anyone like to share their experiences? Thank you!

Hair type: 3A, with some 3B

Page 1 of 2
ElvisShops1360467693.364633 PostsRegistered 1/28/2007

I have the older version -- the version you weren't supposed to use on your face. It did a great job of handling some sideburn hair on my face that I didn't care for. I am using it on my arms. I don't have a lot of hair there anyway, so I can't say very much about its performance on my arms. I am just beginning to use it on my legs. Haven't used it on the underarms. Thus, I don't know if I can provide much help to you. Worked great on the sideburns though. For me, it has been worth the purchase. You do have to be patient and dedicated to get results.

“When I feed the hungry, they call me a saint. When I ask why people are hungry, they call me a Communist.”
― Dom Hélder Pessoa Câmara, Brazilian archbishop

NickelEmily1360468759.651938 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007
Didn't get the email. Would you please share what it said?

annabellet­hecat1360470966.35714036 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006

I watched the View Thursday (or Friday) for 10 seconds. They had a viewer get her 4th treatment of a laser treatment done on the show that treated her 'turkey neck'. The treatment is called Clear Lift. No surgery, no down time, no pain. Interesting. I'm waiting for Clear Lift of the Body. At my age by the time they draw up all of the ummmm (anyway, you get the picture) I think there is another person someone could knit. Look into it ladies. Go to 'the View' (year of the Viewer) I believe. It is a proven treatment. Not cheap i'm sure and not easy to find (New York, LA). If I was young, I'd look into it for sure. Hey! It's only money.

VeraClair1360502195.12122 PostsRegistered 6/7/2012Pittsburgh
On 2/9/2013 NickelEmily said: Didn't get the email. Would you please share what it said?
Sure, it is the Tria 4 with calming gel. $375 with 4 easy pays. It has an auto delivery option for the gel part only at $29....not sure how necessary that is. The tsv is for 2/11.

VeraClair1360502277.997122 PostsRegistered 6/7/2012Pittsburgh
On 2/9/2013 ElvisShops said:

I have the older version -- the version you weren't supposed to use on your face. It did a great job of handling some sideburn hair on my face that I didn't care for. I am using it on my arms. I don't have a lot of hair there anyway, so I can't say very much about its performance on my arms. I am just beginning to use it on my legs. Haven't used it on the underarms. Thus, I don't know if I can provide much help to you. Worked great on the sideburns though. For me, it has been worth the purchase. You do have to be patient and dedicated to get results.

Thanks! Very helpful .... I ordered it. :)

yogachick1360508789.577465 PostsRegistered 4/19/2010
Does anyone know the price of the TSV? I have been looking at this since December. I really want something for my bikini & underarm areas.

4lifeinnh1360523197.62120 PostsRegistered 3/24/2012
if you do a search for tria in beauty banter, there are a lot of posts. i bought the january tsv but it's too soon to tell how successful it will be for me.

kelluvspip­pi261360524919.492269 PostsRegistered 1/16/2009

I have the very first version as well as the new one offered in January. Love them both and would re-purchase them again. Just used the new one a few weeks ago and have been using it weekly and the hairs are ejecting already (bikini line). I have fair skin/dark, coarse hair. Going to do my legs as well.

Yekaterina1360528159.4631 PostsRegistered 2/10/2013
Can anyone please share the item number for the pre order?

VeraClair1360532178.2122 PostsRegistered 6/7/2012Pittsburgh

Thank you, everyone!

kelluvspip­pi261360540589.0632269 PostsRegistered 1/16/2009
On 2/10/2013 Yekaterina said: Can anyone please share the item number for the pre order?

A234935 is what my email states

Lurker1360541909.94104 PostsRegistered 9/19/2011

I was just about to preorder this when I found these reviews:

http://reviews.qvc.com/1689/A217150/tria-a217150-tria-beauty-next-generation-at-home-laser-hair-removal-system-reviews/reviews.htm?sort=rating&dir=asc

Now I don't know if I should order or not!

Last edited on 2/10/2013

Last edited on 2/10/2013

h2be1360543631.463335 PostsRegistered 7/24/2006

Thank you for the link, Lurker.

I purchased the Tria 4x last month when it was the tsv. I know it's too early to expect results because I only began using it 2 weeks ago. I have done 2 treatments on my legs & underarm area. I have not yet seen any treated hairs being expelled & my hair is just as thick, dark, and coarse as before I started treatments. I have been able to tolerate the highest setting of 5 on my legs, 4 on my ankles, and 3 to 4 on my underarm area. I don't use the cooling gel either before or after the treatment. If it does sting unbearably, I adjust the level downward a notch for the next few zaps.

There are a few things that could be improved upon. First, you have to shave the area just prior to treatment, which isn't always convenient. The laser covers an area only the size of a dime, so it takes many, many hundreds of zaps to cover just your lower leg. The unit is cordless & the charge lasts for only 30 minutes & then it has to be re-charged for several hours. I can't finish even one lower leg on 1 charge! The indicator light stays off while it is charging & when it is finished charging, so I never know if it completely charged (and I'm not sure if my unit is defective or it they are designed to not let you know that it has finished charging. CS at Tria seemed to read a scripted answer to my inquiry & never did reply to the question). I do hope that it does what it has promised, because I have many hours already invested in using it.

Lurker1360566358.23104 PostsRegistered 9/19/2011
On 2/10/2013 h2be said:

Thank you for the link, Lurker.

I purchased the Tria 4x last month when it was the tsv. I know it's too early to expect results because I only began using it 2 weeks ago. I have done 2 treatments on my legs & underarm area. I have not yet seen any treated hairs being expelled & my hair is just as thick, dark, and coarse as before I started treatments. I have been able to tolerate the highest setting of 5 on my legs, 4 on my ankles, and 3 to 4 on my underarm area. I don't use the cooling gel either before or after the treatment. If it does sting unbearably, I adjust the level downward a notch for the next few zaps.

There are a few things that could be improved upon. First, you have to shave the area just prior to treatment, which isn't always convenient. The laser covers an area only the size of a dime, so it takes many, many hundreds of zaps to cover just your lower leg. The unit is cordless & the charge lasts for only 30 minutes & then it has to be re-charged for several hours. I can't finish even one lower leg on 1 charge! The indicator light stays off while it is charging & when it is finished charging, so I never know if it completely charged (and I'm not sure if my unit is defective or it they are designed to not let you know that it has finished charging. CS at Tria seemed to read a scripted answer to my inquiry & never did reply to the question). I do hope that it does what it has promised, because I have many hours already invested in using it.

Thank You for your detailed review! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I can't tell you how much I appreciate when someone takes the time to tell others about their personal experience with a product. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

I think we are all looking for an easier way to deal with our unwanted hair. I have thick, coarse hair too. I really don't want to have it removed professionally because of the cost, commitment, and embarrassment (I know this part is silly but I'm shy). I was hoping that the Tria would be the answer.

Hopefully after a few more weeks it will start to be effective for you. I am pretty sure that this had an extended return period so maybe if you don't start seeing results soon, you could return it. I am going to hold off on buying for a few more months until more reviews come in.

VeraClair1360592078.5122 PostsRegistered 6/7/2012Pittsburgh
On 2/10/2013 Lurker said:

I was just about to preorder this when I found these reviews:

http://reviews.qvc.com/1689/A217150/tria-a217150-tria-beauty-next-generation-at-home-laser-hair-removal-system-reviews/reviews.htm?sort=rating&dir=asc

Now I don't know if I should order or not!

Last edited on 2/10/2013

It looks like a lot of people complained about either (1) being blonde and it not working or (2) the head being too small to cover large areas. I have no intention of doing this on my legs...just by looking at the device picture, it looks like it would take ages to do my legs. I'm hoping it works out on other areas, otherwise I'll send it back.

hulagirl1360592304.6577078 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Can't use it.....I'm a natural blonde.....guess I'm relegated to a lifetime of Nair.

bonnielu1360593224.7675665 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Western Maryland

Geez I almost bought into it. I am fair with light colored hair. I guess I should count my blessings and just save my money.

evergreen1360594175.8829 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004MI

I bought it when it was the TSV a little over a month ago and can't believe how good the results are. I've only used it twice and I can see immediate results. My leg hair doesn't feel stubbly and the bikini area is amazing. I've also used it on my face for those chin hairs and they've pretty much disappeared already. The only problem I have noticed is trying to get it to work on the bone going down the front of my leg. My legs are on the thin side and I can't get enough skin under the laser in order for it to beep and work. So far I couldn't be happier. It was worth every penny.

glmama1360594615.9719710 PostsRegistered 12/8/2006
Although I'm not interesting in purchasing the Tria, it really seems like a great product. I'm curious, though, they say that it can treat the entire body. Wouldn't it take forever to do a leg, for instance? Or is this really just meant fit smller areas?

Over 40. Dark hair. Fair, with mild-moderate Rosacea. Finicky skin. Did I mention--Gorgeous? ;)

Amaly1360595593.8673533 PostsRegistered 8/23/2008

Wow, what a ripoff.

cqdcat1360597977.327333 PostsRegistered 4/15/2012
On 2/10/2013 kelluvspippi26 said:

I have the very first version as well as the new one offered in January. Love them both and would re-purchase them again. Just used the new one a few weeks ago and have been using it weekly and the hairs are ejecting already (bikini line). I have fair skin/dark, coarse hair. Going to do my legs as well.

I have the old one and wondered why you prchased a second one? And is there a difference.

Thanks, C

My review for you guys considering purchase.

I have done 2 cycles and have a good reduction in hair. Just started a third cycle last week. Hair reduction about 60 to 70 %. I had a lot of very coarse dark hair and what hair has returned is much finer. Medium skin tone. I use it on the highest setting and use a 4% Lidocaine cream on my mustache for a few minutes prior to use. It is a time commitment which is why I did not use mine this past fall. Hope to be mostly done by spring. I also take AL's hair skin and nails which keeps your hair growth cycle a bit more active and susceptible to laser and and use it every 7-10 days. I usually concentrate on my mustache and underarms and use up my charge on a leg section. Will hit the legs hard after finising other areas.

drizzellla1360605495.2771513 PostsRegistered 7/16/2007

I also have the first version. I bought it directly from Tria. And am tempted to buy Version II. The price is so much better than what I paid. But the hair that was treated by Tria no longer come in dark. Not sure if it worth buying a second Tria.

The bad news is Time Flies
The good news is You are the pilot.

VeraClair1360606496.413122 PostsRegistered 6/7/2012Pittsburgh
On 2/11/2013 truckwidow said:

Wow, what a ripoff.

Truckwidow, If it works, it isn't a rip off. When I had professional lasering done, it was about $1,000 for my underarms. My hair grew so quickly that I could easily have shaved twice a day, and sometime did if I was wearing something sleeveless. That $1,000 was money well spent. This device is $375. However, if you don't have an issue with body hair, I can see why you might think it is a waste. It all comes down to what you need to solve your particular issues.

ladikara1360606959.847118 PostsRegistered 11/6/2006San Francisco Bay Area

So I have a question. What does the pain feel like? I am such a wimp when it comes to pain. It took me YEARS to work up the courage to wax my eyebrows. Now I can do it with no problem.

I have very off balance hormones and have little sideburns. Sadly, I fight the occassional mustash. :( So if I were to buy it, my plans are to use it on my face. Upper lip, side burns, and chin.

Is it like a shock that goes away quickly, or will I be hurting for a day? I know it's hard to explain pain...just really want to get rid of my facial hair but very scared of the pain from the laser.

kelluvspip­pi261360607128.942269 PostsRegistered 1/16/2009
On 2/11/2013 cqdcat said:

I have the old one and wondered why you prchased a second one? And is there a difference.

Thanks, C

My review for you guys considering purchase.

I have done 2 cycles and have a good reduction in hair. Just started a third cycle last week. Hair reduction about 60 to 70 %. I had a lot of very coarse dark hair and what hair has returned is much finer. Medium skin tone. I use it on the highest setting and use a 4% Lidocaine cream on my mustache for a few minutes prior to use. It is a time commitment which is why I did not use mine this past fall. Hope to be mostly done by spring. I also take AL's hair skin and nails which keeps your hair growth cycle a bit more active and susceptible to laser and and use it every 7-10 days. I usually concentrate on my mustache and underarms and use up my charge on a leg section. Will hit the legs hard after finising other areas.

when I bought the first, I originally bought it for one part of my body (chin/neck). I was dealing with PCOS. anyone who has this problem and knows what it is like to deal with coarse hairs from that area, knows it is a pain and you would do anything to get rid of it - The tria did what it was supposed to and I have no hair there at all....I wouuld pay for it again to do what it did....

I bought the new one because I like that it works faster and it is a cheaper price than the original.. It works for me (doing bikini/legs now)... I see a lot of negative reviews stating they have blond hair and it does not work for them or they are of darker skin and they give it a bad review... well, it states you cannot use it for those combinations so I don't get why they leave a bad review... I have even seen reviews from people who don't even HAVE the product but say "i wish they would offer this for people with light hair"!!! i don't know why qvc even allows reviews like that!!

I love seeing the hairs that come back in very short and you can pull them right out - indicating that they are dead!! the only gripe I do have is the very little treatment window as others have stated and I wish they would address why they keep it so little

Page 1 of 2