TSV(R) Preview
124 Members and 12168 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

New Proactiv Plus

Started 1360449317.813 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1360582285.21 by Grade1Teach
replies
Saw a commercial today for a new product line from Proactiv called Proactiv Plus. Completely different products from their regular line. Three piece kit contains an exfoliating cleanser with 2.5% benzoyl peroxide in a tube, a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide treatment in a pump bottle, and a moisturizer in a jar containing salicylic acid. You can see the new line at proactivplus with the usual before and afters.

Page 1 of 1
Grade1Teach1360549239.24310269 PostsRegistered 12/2/2007Long Island

I looked it up today and can only find it on the new Proactiv website. I think it's one of those deals where you have to buy it now on a "trial basis" and then get charged some other amount later on. I'm hoping QVC has it first so I can see a presentation before making up my mind.

I used the original Proactiv for almost 10 years before it all of a sudden stopped working on me. I have yet to find another cleanser that I am completely happy with. I'm still suffering from monthly break outs, which is really starting to bother me. My skin is okay, but I would LOVE to try this new line from Proactiv.

Thank you for posting this!

glmama1360555935.88719920 PostsRegistered 12/8/2006
Hi Cassie & Teach-Although I've Never used ProActive, I've read some good reviews of many of the products. I haven't had any acne issues since I was a kid, but suddenly I'm breaking out, AND I'm dry! I don't know if it's peri-meno or What, but I'm not liking my reflection in the mirror lately. :( Do you ladies know or coud you recommend a product from the line that truly helps with occasional acne flare ups WITHOUT being too drying? TIA:) Last edited on 2/10/2013

Last edited on 2/10/2013

Over 40. Dark hair. Fair, with mild-moderate Rosacea. Finicky skin. Did I mention--Gorgeous? ;)

Grade1Teach1360582285.19710269 PostsRegistered 12/2/2007Long Island
On 2/10/2013 glmama said: Hi Cassie & Teach-Although I've Never used ProActive, I've read some good reviews of many of the products. I haven't had any acne issues since I was a kid, but suddenly I'm breaking out, AND I'm dry! I don't know if it's peri-meno or What, but I'm not liking my reflection in the mirror lately. :( Do you ladies know or coud you recommend a product from the line that truly helps with occasional acne flare ups WITHOUT being too drying? TIA:) Last edited on 2/10/2013

Hi glmama,

The original line seems to work in unison with one another, so I'm not sure I can pinpoint one product that would help you. However, the NEW line has a skin hydrator that is supposed to help with exactly your problem!! If I were you, I would try the new line in the 3 piece kit (that's what I want to do). It seems that the products have been improved to be far less drying than before. Honestly, I can see how the original formula is drying but a little goes a looooong way! You just have to learn how to use it.

Here is my FAVORITE Proactiv product that I have been using for YEARS: It's called, Proactiv Clarifying Night Cream. It's calming and soothing on my skin. If my face has had a "rough" day, wearing this cream at night replenishes my skin and makes me look almost "airbrushed" in the morning. It's very gentle and really helps to rid anything that's out there or coming on. I would DEFINITELY recommend that to you. I get mine on ebay because it's MUCH cheaper there than anywhere else.

If you don't want to invest in the full line, I would start with the night cream. It may be all you need to help you out.

Good Luck!

Page 1 of 1