Guaranteed Delivery
71 Members and 19149 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Foundation Suggestions-EL Double Wear formula change!!!

Started 1359861209.19 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1359950159.38 by 14Victoria
replies

Estee Lauder's perfect double wear foundation has been changed! The colors are off and formula does not cover as well. I need a full coverage foundation for combination/acne prone skin. I am 42 and I use too faced foundation primer & BE mineral veil. I love that flawless foundation coverage and probably apply a little too much foundation. Does anyone have any suggestions? I really don't like drug store makeup but I would try something if it meets my criteria. Thanks a bunch ladies. I am getting desperate.

Page 1 of 1
KateChopin1359868124.874287 PostsRegistered 1/17/2010

I REALLY like Revlon Colorstay. I am between light and medium, but don't like yellow in my foundation. I picked natural beige purely by chance and it is perfect and lasts nicely. Really like the finish. I also like the new IT foundation in light; before I bought that I got a sample of Bobbi Brown Long Last that I loved, and a sample of Chanel Perfect Lumiere and I like this, too. The Revlon is the best value, though.

KateChopin1359868269.7174287 PostsRegistered 1/17/2010

Oh, I forgot to say that the Bobbi Brown had the best coverage when applied with the brush. I was matched by a salesperson. BB's brushes are really something, but extravagant.

AnnikaC1359870622.0431004 PostsRegistered 4/26/2011

Well, this is really bad news. I am a long-time user of EL DW, and haven't been subjected to the new formula yet. My old standby was Revlon Colorstay before I discovered EL DW...so I guess it'll be back to that for me. Why would they do that? The current formula gets great reviews, the shade selection is good, and it simply works. Ugh--so frustrating! I had heard rumors of the change, so I've been investigating other long-wear products, including Kat Von D's Lock-It foundation, and the new Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous foundation that everyone is raving about. Kat's was too heavy, and the Covergirl absolutely collected in each and every one of my pores, even with a primer underneath. Gah!

KatCat11359870893.98717492 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011

I would suggest Tarte as they have two full coverage foundations and I would take a look at Stila Cosmetics. I have experienced the Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation and when I received it, I returned it as I was a light coverage but I did try it out and it was very, very nice and great coverage. With Stila, I have only tried the tinted moisturizers and they are great but they do have foundation too. Good luck to you. Don't you hate when they change formulas or when they discontinue something you love?

AnnikaC1359871031.261004 PostsRegistered 4/26/2011

I have a friend who wears the Tarte AC foundation, and it looks lovely on her. I can't find the right shade--the medium is too light and too yellow, and the dark is too dark. It is a beautiful foundation for those who can wear it. The brush is nice as well.

Last edited on 2/3/2013

Last edited on 2/3/2013

hkgirl051359871564.027532 PostsRegistered 6/30/2011
My Mom used the Clinique Superbalanced foundation for years until she hit menopause and her skin dried out but it is a full coverage foundation that covered very well. She now uses the Repairwear Laser Focus foundation and it is a full coverage too that is better for dry skin. I hate when companies change perfectly good products and I hope you find your new HG soon.

beanly1359931937.692949 PostsRegistered 1/17/2006

I had a horrible experience with Estee Lauder and their newer BB Cream I purchased the Light shade and absolutely loved it! When I went to replace it I got the exact same item,tube said light, but the foundation inside was in no way the same shade. I took it back and got another tube and that tube was wrong too! Went to another store in a different city and actually had the SA open and test the tube before I left. She opened two tubes both labeled light and neither one was the same.

When I inquired to EL about this, they claim that the product is made in such small batches, that there may be variations to the shade!! Give me a break!! This was like a whole shade difference. They lost a customer. The SA had told me that they had gotten in a new foundation and the testers were all lighter than the actual foundations!! Not good quality control!!

I have since found and am Loving Maybelline's Age Rewind Eraser foundation! Much cheaper and I have to say-I have not used drugstore makeup in probably 22 years and this is awesome!

In my 40"s light skintone-cool/pink undertones, super senistive/acne prone, some discoloration,large pores,blue eyes dark strawberry blond hair

gypsy21359940046.7431913 PostsRegistered 5/24/2010

I have also used EL DW for a long time and really liked it. I hate that they have changed it. I have tried Bobbi Brown's foundation and really like it. Just recently I got the Tarte AC and I like it too. Hope you find something you like!

14Victoria1359950159.381271 PostsRegistered 6/7/2012
I use the EL Double Wear Light sometimes, it gives decent coverage and stays on all day, I like it better then the regular Double wear. For a really nice full coverage long wear foundation, I love the Kat Von D from Sephora. It is pretty thick and if you find it a bit too much you can mix in some moisturizer. I take one pump foundation, one pump moisturizer, and one pump of Makeup Forever Uplight and it looks great.

Page 1 of 1