The Joy of Christmas
6 Members and 6835 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

O/T: Bathroom odor eliminator for $2.95 at Walmart!

Started 1358537596.293 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1359040862.37 by GreenRoom

You know the Poo-whatever that's like $20 here? I've heard them repeatedly state that they "invented" this, etc.

Well, guess what? Walmart sells a very discreet, small bottle (think a bit bigger than eye drops) of very pleasant and VERY concentrated liquid that is called PURE DROP. $2.95 and when they say put 1-2 drops in before going, they really mean it!

I put like 4-5 drops and it was VERY strong!!!

The directions say put 1-2 drops in before going, then after flushing another 1-2 drops to leave it fresh for the next person.

Just FYI.

Page 1 of 2
depglass1358537746.1523880 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006

What department should we look in?

Lowry831358537811.713392 PostsRegistered 8/15/2008

Thanks for the information. I might try the Walmart product. I haven't bought the Poo Pourri because that doesn't tackle the issue of odors left by others. I take a spray can of regular air freshener into the bathroom at work! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

2bc1358537856.643413 PostsRegistered 12/31/2011
I found similar stuff called fresh drop at the dollar store. Works well with 1-2 drops - any more and the drops smell is overwhelming. I'm not sure who "invented" it, but it smells the same as the "biological odor eliminator" used at the hospital.

"you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Inigo Montoya

JamicaJamm­er1358537880.1472278 PostsRegistered 1/14/2013
On 1/18/2013 depglass said:

What department should we look in?

Actually, I stumbled on this product hanging on a vertical strip (like they do chapsticks) back by the Christmas clearance aisle over by the garden/fertilizer area (not outside).

Then I saw more of them on a vertical strip by the toilet tissue, and again somewhere else in a random place.

You might ask at customer service before going on a safari thru the store.

ETA: Holy moly! Here's a link to a bunch of different ones --

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=odor+eliminator+drops&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=13037474035&hvpos=1t4&hvexid=&hvnetw=s&hvrand=5538993131440675434&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_zo33cvsfn_b

Last edited on 1/18/2013

Last edited on 1/18/2013

wowee1358538176.93412 PostsRegistered 4/9/2008phoenix

That lady is just saying she invented POOPOURI, not the concept. POOPOURI is oil based, you use so much of it because you need to cover the surface of the water in the bowl. I have used those drops you are talking about, they work well.

JamicaJamm­er1358538438.8332278 PostsRegistered 1/14/2013
On 1/18/2013 wowee said:

That lady is just saying she invented POOPOURI, not the concept. POOPOURI is oil based, you use so much of it because you need to cover the surface of the water in the bowl. I have used those drops you are talking about, they work well.

I've heard her AND Shawn and other Q saleswomen say "Why didn't someone think of this before??" kind of comments, insinuating she invented the concept, not just that brand.

wowee1358538846.6773412 PostsRegistered 4/9/2008phoenix
On 1/18/2013 JamicaJammer said:
On 1/18/2013 wowee said:

That lady is just saying she invented POOPOURI, not the concept. POOPOURI is oil based, you use so much of it because you need to cover the surface of the water in the bowl. I have used those drops you are talking about, they work well.

I've heard her AND Shawn and other Q saleswomen say "Why didn't someone think of this before??" kind of comments, insinuating she invented the concept, not just that brand.


selling point, and I am not arguing, just saying, hers is an oil based that you have to cover the whole surfsce of the water, all the others (that have been used in hotels, hospitals forever are drops) so no, it isn't the same concept. And really, lets face it, it is the same as all the "NEW< IMPROVED" technology high priced cosmetics out there. Do you really believe that a foundation can deliver "oxygen" to your skin? really? or the NEW imporoved ANYTHING for that matter.

JamicaJamm­er1358574669.8332278 PostsRegistered 1/14/2013

Bottom line goal of any of these products - regardless of their mechanism of action - is to neutralize bathroom odors, correct?

I don't care if a brass band plays Dixie in the swirling water down there, as long as it neutralizes the odors. So I'll not pay more in S&H at the Q + $20 for the product when a $3 product delivers the same results.

Retired081358575432.0675311 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008 Beautiful Coastal Georgia

Thank you for posting this.

I've wanted to try the bathroom odor eliminator every since I saw the Poo Pouri was listed for sale on the Q and what it was supposed to do. However, I will not ever pay that much for the product AND S&H on top of the price.

I'm going to look for this as it will be a great item to have for travel.

What you put into the lives of others comes back into your own.

Lovely21358576357.2732940 PostsRegistered 6/2/2007Texas

Thanks for the post. I was going to eventually get the QVC one, and in doing so pay the usual high tax and shipping. But not now!

I don't believe in the concept of h*ll, but if I did I would think of it as filled with people who were cruel to animals.

Gary Larson

Southern F­ried Chick1358576584.0777105 PostsRegistered 11/17/2007

Thank you for the info and the link. I'll look for it.

Mesmerize1358576690.79875 PostsRegistered 8/1/2007Jersey Shore
On 1/18/2013 JamicaJammer said:

ETA: Holy moly! Here's a link to a bunch of different ones --

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=odor+eliminator+drops&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=13037474035&hvpos=1t4&hvexid=&hvnetw=s&hvrand=5538993131440675434&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_zo33cvsfn_b

Last edited on 1/18/2013

I've used the "Odors Away" and the "One Drop" brands listed on the first page at that Amazon link above, both are very good. Small enough to carry even in the smallest wrist wallet or jeans pocket, but has a ton of uses. My friend picked up the "Fresh Drop" brand at Bed, Bath & Beyond for around $2.50-$3.00 I believe (the bottle looks similar in shape to the "One Drop").

.

My Reality Check bounced!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." --Will Rogers.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right, here I am, Stuck in the middle with you.

JamicaJamm­er1358577366.182278 PostsRegistered 1/14/2013

Welcome!!

lovemygigi1358577519.35095 PostsRegistered 3/12/2010

I bought something from Amazon that made the bathroom smell so bad that I would have preferred the alternative, lol! It is called Just a Drop, I think. Don't buy it! Gag! It reminded me of when I worked in a Skilled Nursing facility. The various Poo Pouri scents smell (and work) much, much better in my opinion and I think the price difference is worth it. Individual bottles can be found for a bit less in various boutiques in my town but the 4 pack the Q sells is a good deal even with shipping. I have seen it online elsewhere so if you shop around you might get a better price.

..." Right now, I'm in the sweet spot between complete ignorance and righteous indignation..." Stephen Colbert, 6/5/2014

Snow Owl13585782161856 PostsRegistered 10/14/2011
On 1/18/2013 wowee said:
On 1/18/2013 JamicaJammer said:
On 1/18/2013 wowee said:

That lady is just saying she invented POOPOURI, not the concept. POOPOURI is oil based, you use so much of it because you need to cover the surface of the water in the bowl. I have used those drops you are talking about, they work well.

I've heard her AND Shawn and other Q saleswomen say "Why didn't someone think of this before??" kind of comments, insinuating she invented the concept, not just that brand.


selling point, and I am not arguing, just saying, hers is an oil based that you have to cover the whole surfsce of the water, all the others (that have been used in hotels, hospitals forever are drops) so no, it isn't the same concept. And really, lets face it, it is the same as all the "NEW< IMPROVED" technology high priced cosmetics out there. Do you really believe that a foundation can deliver "oxygen" to your skin? really? or the NEW imporoved ANYTHING for that matter.


I'm not arguing either but just wanted to show the description for Just a Drop; "Just 'a Drop is a biodegradable, nontoxic, plant-based formula that creates a deodorizing layer right on the surface of the water."

Does sound like basically the same thing though. They reformulated it, put it in a spray bottle and jacked the price up.

I've never tried any of this stuff, just read a few funny threads about it.

KatCat11358582596.7816960 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011

Thanks for the post. What dept. in Walmart did you find it? I am intrigued and would definitely try it at that price.

adrienneJ1358588896.8737488 PostsRegistered 2/18/2012

I've been ordering a bottle of "Just A Drop" from catalogs for years and years. I bought my first one about ten years ago when my guy and I went to the islands and were staying in a hotel. Knowing how close the bathrooms are to the bed and living quarters in any hotel room, I purchased it for it's intended purpose, for tight quarters ! Boy, am I glad I did, too !

I never travel without it now.

I have kept a bottle on hand ever since. My original bottle was like 5 ozs. for $ 3.95 and that included shipping and tax, way back then. I still see it in many catalogs but the price for the same has now gone up anywhere from $ 4.99, $ 6.99 or $ 7.99, depending on what catalog it is in. Still much cheaper than at the Q. It comes in a platic case that covers it and has a belt that locks the cover over it so you can carry it in your purse or luggage,and it comes with a little sticky square in case you want to hang it on the side of your commode tank.

Someone just took the original idea, copied it, fancied up some bottles, and raised the price a lot, and acted like they invented it. Shame on them !! I spotted it right off.



~~~No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere is desperately fighting for theirs.~~~

krissybell1358591342.777521 PostsRegistered 7/10/2010TYLER TX
I have been using just a drop for years but if Walmart have it/ I will buy it.

BJ/JUST THE WAY I AM

AuntG1358598871.26196 PostsRegistered 1/31/2009Wisconsin

Could all these oils cause any problems at the sewage treatment facilities? I know when we pay our bills, they include a reminder not to flush anything but waste and t/p.

Abby Grace1358599599.561220 PostsRegistered 6/12/2011

Oh, I think I'll try one from Amazon. I have an order that I want to place there today, so I'll just add this on.

Thanks for the info, for the price, it can't hurt to try!

Dee in OK1358601597.42357 PostsRegistered 3/30/2012

You can also make your own. You'll have the investment of the essential oils, but after you purchase them, they'll make enough poo pourri to last a lifetime. The bottles of essential oil start at about $5 a bottle and go up from there. I saw a 14 bottle aroma therapay set of essential oils on amazon for $40. That would give you endless combination possibilities.

Just google how to make poo pourri.

Here's one recipe-

  • 10 drops Lemongrass Essential Oil
  • 10 drops Grapefruit Essential Oil
  • 10 drops Bergamot Essential Oil
  • 8 ounces of water
  • (1) small spray bottle

Combine in spray bottle, then shake before using.

GreenRoom1359028192.6932 PostsRegistered 1/24/2013

There's a premium set of products that reduce odor, splash, sound, stains, the spread of germs and clean the toilet, all in one simple pour of a packet. YouGoGirl and Prelieve.

www.nomoresmellybathrooms.com

Different approach to the concern; not just odor, but keeping the whole bathroom fresh. Might want to check it out.Smile

Troop_Angel1359033479.555424 PostsRegistered 4/22/2006
On 1/19/2013 AuntG said:

Could all these oils cause any problems at the sewage treatment facilities? I know when we pay our bills, they include a reminder not to flush anything but waste and t/p.

I was wondering the exact same thing! A couple months ago, I purchased the PooPouri from the Q. Used it once. When I saw all of the oil sitting on top of the water, I worried after repeated use if the oil would do something to the sewage pipes. I live in an older house.

Last edited on 1/24/2013

Last edited on 1/24/2013


JamicaJamm­er1359033943.192278 PostsRegistered 1/14/2013

Perhaps those with septic tanks should contact a professional to answer this question??

Sunshine K­ate1359034365.3512108 PostsRegistered 11/13/2006The Beautiful Mountains & Western Sky

For those that purchased Just A Drop, what does it smell like? Flowers, citrus, Pine-Sol or what?

Thanks

Respectfully ~
Kate

Page 1 of 2