Keurig Offer
161 Members and 16220 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Hair Dye Color- Light Ash Brown

Started 1358506242.417 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1358514077.373 by luvpoos
replies

I was looking for just a neutral light brown hair color and went with this one. Now I am nervous, What does ash mean, I don't want any reddish tones in my hair.

you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, well you just might find, that you get what you need...The Rolling Stones

Page 1 of 1
Zcat1358506743.2072700 PostsRegistered 2/3/2010Florida

Ashy colors are typically for people with cool skin coloring while warm hair colors are for people with warm coloring. If you have yellow skin (as opposd to pink), you might want to look for a color that's warm without being red. If you have a pink skin tone, the ashy will probably work for you.

I know, a lot of probablys, mights and ifs. It's hard to give my opinion without seeing you.

Witchy Wom­an1358508914.1172680 PostsRegistered 12/17/2005

As I understand it, ash tones will keep the red out of your hair...I frequently will use light ash brown in the summer when my hair has been bleached by the sun...

Revlon Colorsilk has a great ash brown that I've used and liked. If you've never done this color, you might want to ask your stylist for the first go around.

luvpoos1358511107.3935920 PostsRegistered 5/3/2006Kingston Ma

Thanks girls, that was the info I was looking for. I do have pink undertones to my skin, but I do easily tan in the summer. So may have to switch up then. And yes, I did buy Revlon Color Silk based on the reviews on that brand. I love this board. Thanks again for replying, will be doing it this morning.

you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, well you just might find, that you get what you need...The Rolling Stones

kcladyz1358512774.953946 PostsRegistered 4/30/2012

Ash has no red it is just a softer shade. I guess that's the best way to put it. i been using temporary semi-permanent color lately. its easier and better for the hair. permanent color fades anyway so might as well use the temporsry

luvpoos1358514077.375920 PostsRegistered 5/3/2006Kingston Ma
On 1/18/2013 kcladyz said:

Ash has no red it is just a softer shade. I guess that's the best way to put it. i been using temporary semi-permanent color lately. its easier and better for the hair. permanent color fades anyway so might as well use the temporsry

I had been using a temporary hair dye but it just seem to fade too fast and I don't wash my hair every day. That's why I decided to try a permanent color which I hope will last a little longer as long as I like the color. We'll see. My daughter is my biggest critic and will let me know haha.

Page 1 of 1