Honored Contributor

Hair - Anyone gone from very long hair to very short hair and been tremendously happy?

Hair - our crowning glory!!! If you have a bad hair day - then nothing seems to go right - am I right, or am I right????

I have read quite a few topics here about hair -- and whether more mature ladies after a certain age should or shouldn't have long hair.

I have never subscribed to the theory that long hair is good for "young" women only. I feel it has to do with many other factors. The shape of your face, the condition of your hair, your life style and attitude, and, of course, how you actually style it.

My question is this --- have any of you who have basically had long hair the majority of your life, ever gone to very short or fairly short hair in one fail swoop and been really happy with the results and had no regrets???

I am asking because I have always had very long hair my whole life with the exception of 1 or 2 very unfortunate times - 1 not being of my own choosing, and not been happy at all. Of course, the cuts were not good either.

I have always been fortunate enough to have had very full, thick and nice hair and gotten many compliments over the years and felt that my hair was one of my best, if not my best features.

As I am much older now - 60 - my hair is still nice, though not quite as thick, and I still wear it quite long. Lately, I have been toying, just toying, with the idea of getting a rather short, touseled do. It would have to be something very easy and low maintenance as I am a real dud with styling. I am the type of person who either goes all or nothing.

I don't want to do anything that I will be very sorry for! DH says do whatever you want and that makes you happy.

Just wondering how many have done this and been happy. Or if you have cut your hair in a more gradual manner.

Thanks, everyone!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin