Super Contributor

Your Favorite Perfume May Disappear 2013 - Courtesy of IFRA

If the IFRA has their way in 2013, your favorite perfume may just disappear forever.

Posted again here for those who do not stop in to visit on the "perfume thread"!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

FYI: For those interested, here is a good resource about more new IFRA regs, possibly coming soon.

snippet:

“If this law goes ahead I am finished, as my perfumes are all filled with these ingredients [to be restricted],” said Frédéric Malle, who owns high-end perfume company Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle. The impact on luxury perfume brands as a whole would, he said, be “like an atomic explosion and we would not have the means to rebuild ourselves.”

"To summarize, the Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety (SCCS), an advisory body for the European Commission, has proposed to ban several key perfumery materials to extend the existing list of 26 allergens to more than 100. The regulations haven’t yet been adopted, and the final decision will be made next year. [2013]."

http://boisdejasmin.com/2012/12/fragrance-regulations-like-an-atomic-explosion.html

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

For the love of money, the perfume/fragrance industry may be decimated. I for one do not want to smell like synthetic bubblegum and spray on & inhale more petroleum products!

A very stupid and ill conceived plan.

Here's an idea. If someone is allergic to a plant/flower/fragrance ingredient: don't use it!

If we went around banning everything that people had an allergy with, or developed a rash using it, they may as well ban everything on the planet.

Grrrrrrrrrr.